Are PC builders slowly disappearing?

xentropa

I work closely to the semiconductor industry and it appears PC sales are still losing to mobile, tablets and cloud computing.

Even from a cost basis and application standpoint, Intel CPUs are starting to become less attractive.

Are we a dying breed?

tbh, I think there are more people now than in a while building their own computers thanks to PC gaming.

Still, it's not really a value thing at all and people will always think it's too complicated.

In the kingdom of the blind, the man with one eye is king.

Per capita, absolutely. However, our actual volume is increasing as gaming becomes more mainstream.

Source

- snip-

3 hours ago, xentropa said:

I work closely to the semiconductor industry and it appears PC sales are still losing to mobile, tablets and cloud computing.

Even from a cost basis and application standpoint, Intel CPUs are starting to become less attractive.

Are we a dying breed?

I think it will  end up as people building their own phones and stuff and that the current stuff was just bad impementation

3 hours ago, xentropa said:

Are we a dying breed?

DIY computer builders where niche to begin with.

Majority of consumers are not going to build their computers or electronic but prefer to buy already per-builts.  Not surprising tablets and smartphones are over taking the desktop computer.  Majority of people only use those devices for website browsing, emails, and messaging.

One way to look at it, there is money to be had if you make doing a task easier allowing a person to be more lazy.

2023 BOINC Pentathlon Event

F@H & BOINC Installation on Linux Guide

My CPU Army: 5800X, E5-2670V3, 1950X, 5960X J Batch, 10750H *lappy

My GPU Army:3080Ti, 960 FTW @ 1551MHz, RTX 2070 Max-Q *lappy

My Console Brigade: Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, PS2 Fatty, Xbox One S, Xbox One X

My Tablet Squad: iPad Air 5th Gen, Samsung Tab S, Nexus 7 (1st gen)

3D Printer Unit: Prusa MK3S, Prusa Mini, EPAX E10

VR Headset: Quest 2

Hardware lost to Kevdog's Law of Folding

OG Titan, 5960X, ThermalTake BlackWidow 850 Watt PSU