Best fans for case intake

MorganO

Case -phanteks enthoo evolve atx tg 

i need some good fans for the intake

will need 3

CPU: Intel9-9900k 5.0GHz at 1.36v  | Cooling: Custom Loop | MOTHERBOARD: ASUS ROG Z370 Maximus X Hero | RAM: CORSAIR 32GB DDR4-3200 VENGEANCE PRO RGB  | GPU: Nvidia RTX 2080Ti | PSU: CORSAIR RM850X + Cablemod modflex white cables | BOOT DRIVE: 250GB SSD Samsung 850 evo | STORAGE: 7.75TB | CASE: Fractal Design Define R6 BLackout | Display: SAMSUNG OLED 34 UW | Keyboard: HyperX Alloy elite RGB |  Mouse: Corsair M65 PRO RGB | OS: Windows 10 Pro | Phone: iPhone 11 Pro Max 256GB

Bequiet SilentWings 3

Noctua... they have so many good fans, choose one based on your needs (high CFM and low noise is what you're looking for here)

ML120's are also nice, but they must be run at 12v or the motor will make noise (this means either PWM or at full DC speed, but DC full speed will be loud in a different way, so make sure you have PWM for all the fans you wish to add)

You could also save some money and just get some cheaper fans. the above mentioned by myself and aytex are pretty good, but also fairly pricey. for simple air intake fans you don't need to spend a whole lot of cash as they will not make a tremendous amount of thermal difference compared to lower end fans. You could get something like SP120/AF120 from corsair and be totally fine.

8 hours ago, Zyndo said:

Bequiet SilentWings 3

Noctua... they have so many good fans, choose one based on your needs (high CFM and low noise is what you're looking for here)

ML120's are also nice, but they must be run at 12v or the motor will make noise (this means either PWM or at full DC speed, but DC full speed will be loud in a different way, so make sure you have PWM for all the fans you wish to add)

You could also save some money and just get some cheaper fans. the above mentioned by myself and aytex are pretty good, but also fairly pricey. for simple air intake fans you don't need to spend a whole lot of cash as they will not make a tremendous amount of thermal difference compared to lower end fans. You could get something like SP120/AF120 from corsair and be totally fine.

The case doesnt have the best intake solution, so should i get the SP12 fans?

CPU: Intel9-9900k 5.0GHz at 1.36v  | Cooling: Custom Loop | MOTHERBOARD: ASUS ROG Z370 Maximus X Hero | RAM: CORSAIR 32GB DDR4-3200 VENGEANCE PRO RGB  | GPU: Nvidia RTX 2080Ti | PSU: CORSAIR RM850X + Cablemod modflex white cables | BOOT DRIVE: 250GB SSD Samsung 850 evo | STORAGE: 7.75TB | CASE: Fractal Design Define R6 BLackout | Display: SAMSUNG OLED 34 UW | Keyboard: HyperX Alloy elite RGB |  Mouse: Corsair M65 PRO RGB | OS: Windows 10 Pro | Phone: iPhone 11 Pro Max 256GB

5 minutes ago, KOMTechAndGaming said:

The case doesnt have the best intake solution, so should i get the SP12 fans?

If you have a choked intake or drive bays right next to your intake (or both) then getting static pressure optimized fans is often a good idea. Air flow should be pretty similar (often about 80%-90% the amount of an airflow fan with no restriction) but when you put AF's against even a little resistance then the SP's tend to pull ahead in overall airflow.

The stock PH-F140SP's are pretty good already. Why are you getting new fans?

Moved to Air Cooling.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

7 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

The stock PH-F140SP's are pretty good already. Why are you getting new fans?

Moved to Air Cooling.

Still have the problem with dust , even tho the front intake is filtered 

12 hours ago, KOMTechAndGaming said:

Still have the problem with dust , even tho the front intake is filtered 

How are you getting so much dust so quickly? You posted a thread about this a week ago..

Did you not clean your system of dust then?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

3 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

How are you getting so much dust so quickly? You posted a thread about this a week ago..

Did you not clean your system of dust then?

i did and cleaned the front intake filter as well

2 minutes ago, KOMTechAndGaming said:

i did and cleaned the front intake filter as well

Did you do the smoke test to see where air might be coming in?

2 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

Did you do the smoke test to see where air might be coming in?

It appears i have an inherent dust issue

just cleaned them, will report back in a week to see what the dust is like then 

IMG_0622.JPG

7 minutes ago, KOMTechAndGaming said:

It appears i have an inherent dust issue

just cleaned them, will report back in a week to see what the dust is like then 

IMG_0622.JPG

That could be it. If that's really a week of dust then the air is probably the culprit.

6 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

That could be it. If that's really a week of dust then the air is probably the culprit.

Id say its under 2 weeks worth of does probably no more than 3, i dont mind cleaning it out every week if that prevents dust coming in, i might just slow all the fans down except exhaust till i find a better solution, unless you could suggest anything else

7 minutes ago, KOMTechAndGaming said:

Id say its under 2 weeks worth of does probably no more than 3, i dont mind cleaning it out every week if that prevents dust coming in, i might just slow all the fans down except exhaust till i find a better solution, unless you could suggest anything else

The stock dust filter can only be so good. Lowering fan speeds all around would mean less airflow as well as less dust. Asides from that, I don't think there's any other solution that isn't custom without just purifying the air.