Japanese help

Alexcalibur
Go to solution Solved by Yoinkerman,

My wife is on her way to school right now in Tokyo and she says yes it's asking if you listen to music

Edit: and that it's a proper question

I just want to make sure this says what I mean it to say before I submit it to what I am doing

おんがくを ききますか

I found noun music and the verb to hear in my book, am I ok to add the question particle か to the end of the statement to make it a question?

1 hour ago, bossman1 said:

Use google translate

Aside from this being against the CoC, I've found Google Translate to be extremely inaccurate for Japanese. e.g. It translated what was supposed to be "Pride of the King of Knights" as "Dust of Beans".

My wife is on her way to school right now in Tokyo and she says yes it's asking if you listen to music

Edit: and that it's a proper question

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

5 minutes ago, Yoinkerman said:

Awesome dude thanks. I have a bunch of similar questions for my class due tomorrow and I wasn't quite sure whether or not that was right. You and your wife are real life savers :) 

soon cell phone apps will be able to converse and translate for us, maybe another 5 yrs or 10

@IskanderEXC All questions in Japanese [in this phase of learning] are simply statements (or perhaps assertions would be a better word) followed by the particle か.

There are a few question words, such as なん, なに (what),  いつ (when),  いくつ (where),  いくら (how much), だれ (who).  Also, the こ|そ|あ patterned words can be used with ど to express a question, such as こ(here), こ(there), そこ(over there), こ (where) and れ(this), れ(that), れ(that over there), with  れ(which).  All questions with these words still end with the particle か.

You can also use a negative form to make a request, similar to the negative in the English request "won't you."

いっしょにばんごはんをたべませんか。 Won't you eat dinner with me?

おんがくをききませんか。Won't you listen to some music?

2 hours ago, Yamoto42 said:

@IskanderEXC All questions in Japanese [in this phase of learning] are simply statements (or perhaps assertions would be a better word) followed by the particle か.

There are a few question words, such as なん, なに (what),  いつ (when),  いくつ (where),  いくら (how much), だれ (who).  Also, the こ|そ|あ patterned words can be used with ど to express a question, such as こ(here), こ(there), そこ(over there), こ (where) and れ(this), れ(that), れ(that over there), with  れ(which).  All questions with these words still end with the particle か.

You can also use a negative form to make a request, similar to the negative in the English request "won't you."

いっしょにばんごはんをたべませんか。 Won't you eat dinner with me?

おんがくをききませんか。Won't you listen to some music?

This is a freaking gold mine. Thanks a ton! 

On 17.1.2017 at 2:14 AM, SSL said:

It translated what was supposed to be "Pride of the King of Knights" as "Dust of Beans".

I don't get what you are complaining about, that's perfect 10 right there.

I deal in shitposts and shitpost accessories.

On 1/17/2017 at 7:14 AM, IskanderEXC said:

I just want to make sure this says what I mean it to say before I submit it to what I am doing

おんがくを ききますか

I found noun music and the verb to hear in my book, am I ok to add the question particle か to the end of the statement to make it a question?

正解です❗

Correct.