Raid/backups

Im looking to make a server type thing for my house.  Is their a type of raid that will take say 4,  1Tb drives that are in raid zero and copy the data to a 4Tb drive.  Or should i just right a batch file  that will back up  my data ever night. 

17 hours ago, Kabob71 said:

Im looking to make a server type thing for my house.  Is their a type of raid that will take say 4,  1Tb drives that are in raid zero and copy the data to a 4Tb drive.  Or should i just right a batch file  that will back up  my data ever night. 

QNAP and Synology have this feature. I wouldn't use RAID 0 at all though. use RAID 5. These NAS's have a front USB port used for backing up the NAS, just plug in a 4TB+ disk connected via USB and run the backup task from the web management interface.

My preference is QNAP.

If you're willing to pay you could also look at CrashPlan or something similar to have the data backed up off-site as well.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

4 hours ago, Lurick said:

If you're willing to pay you could also look at CrashPlan or something similar to have the data backed up off-site as well.

Certainly not a bad suggestion but I've experienced some SLOW upload and download speeds with CP.  So much so that I no longer use their cloud storage.

14 hours ago, Lurick said:

Otherwise if you're with QNAP (Maybe Synology too?) you can just order storage through Azure and ship it there. 2TB a month is $50-$60.

Carbonite is a backup service, has automated versioned backup, it's about $60a year. No limit on space either