Greetings LTT forum from Denmark

My name is Karl, and I am a dirt poor gaming and tech enthusiast, and I am building a franken-PC.

The premise og the build is "everything must be free, preferably from the dumpster", and so I have been dumpster diving, at school and at home (with permission, otherwise its illegal here). 
This has resulted in a selection of mismatched parts in all kinds of quality, and a lot of issues along the way.

After years of using my almost-finished PC (most of the time, outside of a case), I finally have all the parts I need to build it, BUT my PSU is not powerful enough.

So I am going full Austin Evans on this, and using 2 PSU's, and here, my question to you arises.

How should I configure the PSUs, in terms of which powers what? 1PSU for GPUs and 1 for the rest ?

And

I have some molex-->6-pin converters which I am planning to use, but I am fresh out of molexes, also need one for the pump, so thinking of splicing some myself, and using other outputs from PSU1 (see below). i know I should be able to use sata power, but should I rather use some outputs from the 24-pin? which I will not need as I am using PSU2 for the motherboard and CPU (logistics).
Which wires to grap?

Case: No clue, some office dell, with proprietary layout, not even screw holes fitted for standard motherboards.

PSU1:HP-D2701C0 max power 270W

PSU2:DELL L305P-00 max power 305W

HDD (mass storage): Samsung HD204UI 2TB
SSD (boot and fav games): Samsung 128GB slate SSD MMDOE28G5MPP 0VAD1 2.5''
CPU: intel i7 2600s

GPU1: https://www.asus.com/Graphics-Cards/EN8800GTGHTDP512M/specifications/

GPU2: https://www.asus.com/Graphics-Cards/EN8800GTSHTDP512M/specifications/

water cooler: XSpc delta (? no clue, says on the bloc, think this was part of a bloc, rad, pump/res package) (Also, attached the water block, Linus-Style, thanks for inspiration!)

Would appreciate any and all inputs, will do some painting, and will add acrylic slabs on the front, back and top, which I am thinking of sanding, and adding white LEDs behind, have done same under motherboard and under SSD.

Please note that I have not had access to any propper tools (besides drill, pits, and a big-ass angle grinder, så the edges are kind of rough.. part of the hobo look I am going for.

Really enjoying collecting bits and pieces (also in general), and enjoying the build, so if it crashes and burns so be it =), so I am willing to experiment with it.

Picture related: build in progress, although quite a bit of ways off from finished =).
Please let me know if any questions should arise =)

kind regards, and looking forward to hearing from you.

-Karl

20161209_000112.jpg

20161207_195440.jpg

20161207_195529.jpg

8 minutes ago, Belgarathian said:

For dumpster diving, you've found some impressive parts. i7 2600... 

Thank you sir :D, I quite agree, I actually have a spare of that :P, I attend university here, and the stuff they throw away is an outrage!, using a 22'' dell monitor from there, all cables, mice keyboard, my thinkpad x220 im typing on now, projectors.. the list goes on. and it so happened to include, something like 6 thinkcenter or something, lenovo office computers, 1xi5, 2xi7 2600, and some dualcore craptastics.. 
I get absolutely sad when I see the shit they throw away.. I mean its broken all of it, but out of 3 computers, I can make 1 working one, without too much hassle, so I feel morally obliged to do so =) (also studying environmental engineering, so it rustles my jimmies to see such waste).. give most of the stuff away e.g. for kids in my apartment building who need something to play rayman on, or give it to co-students =)

Just want to stress that while dumpster diving is not allowed in DK, I talked to IT at school, and got a go-ahead to refurbish stuff, as long as I dont make moneys.

Edited by karl.haxthausen
Typo, and clarification =)

impressive and very cool!

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

7 minutes ago, Maybach123 said:

impressive and very cool!

Just now, aries757 said:

cool

Thank you so much guys :D
Glad to hear you like it!

I've seen things like Add2Psu. Basically it acts like a power splitter where you plug both psu into it and run that to the motherboard, but that costs money, if it's even effective. Everything I have heard with something like this is actually doing some soldering to combine psu power.

I would rather agree on what we share, than fight on what we don't. - Myself

FULL PC SPECS ON PROFILE https://linustechtips.com/main/profile/454099-thinkfreely/

1 minute ago, Thinkfreely said:

I've seen things like Add2Psu. Basically it acts like a power splitter where you plug both psu into it and run that to the motherboard, but that costs money, if it's even effective. Everything I have heard with something like this is actually doing some soldering to combine psu power.

Hello

Yeah I looked in to that prior to writing here as well.

The odds of one appearing in the dumpster tho ;) as you say, would more likely cost money.

I am able and quite willing to solder! just hoping for some good input on what to solder :) (which wires, and some background on how it will work )