Need help with a non flicker IPS 144hz Monitor.

ozisike

EDIT: Okay so im just looking for a monitor with a budget of 300$, I tried using This Monitor before but my eyes COULD NOT handle it, I had to return it. So a non flicker IPS/LCD/LED monitor would be ideal. This Is my current monitor and i've never had anything else so i think its time for an upgrade.

3 minutes ago, ozisike said:

This Is currently what im looking at, What do you guys think of it? If you guys have any suggestions please leave some, My eyes can not handle the TN/flicker effect, I tried getting This Last time and my eyes would burn and i had to return it.

You do realize that the first one you linked is a TN Panel... And there are no 1ms IPS but you won't notice the difference between 1ms and 5ms anyway.

1 minute ago, Unexas. said:

You do realize that the first one you linked is a TN Panel... And there are no 1ms IPS but you won't notice the difference between 1ms and 5ms anyway.

yes just realized lmao, 

2 minutes ago, Unexas. said:

you won't notice the difference between 1ms and 5ms anyway.

Hmm... I would do my researches before saying that, 1ms would be perfect for fast paces shooters

1 minute ago, SCGazelle said:

THere are no 1ms. IPS monitors. These are the best you can (4ms):

http://pcpartpicker.com/products/monitor/overall-list/#p=1&sort=a4&page=1&T=4&X=25000,35000

i would recommend the Asus MG

This Is my current monitor so any upgrade would be good for me, I just know that when i bought a tn monitor with flicker my eyes could not handle it. I was looking for a 1ms monitor because i play alot of shooters but i prob wont notice a difference anyway

There's much more to a monitor than claimed response times.

Always look up reviews. You'll find that the numbers are often drastically different.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

1 minute ago, ozisike said:

This Is my current monitor so any upgrade would be good for me, I just know that when i bought a tn monitor with flicker my eyes could not handle it. I was looking for a 1ms monitor because i play alot of shooters but i prob wont notice a difference anyway

1ms is ideal for shooters, but pehiperals would be necessary, if you don't have a logitech 502 or equivalent and mech keyboard I wouldn't bother

4 minutes ago, SCGazelle said:

THere are no 1ms. IPS monitors. These are the best you can (4ms):

http://pcpartpicker.com/products/monitor/overall-list/#p=1&sort=a4&page=1&T=4&X=25000,35000

i would recommend the Asus MG

I see your 4 ms and I raise you 2 ms

http://www.viewsoniceurope.com/eu/products/lcd/VX2263Smhl.php

PSU tier list // Motherboard tier list // Community Standards 

My System:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 3600, Gigabyte RTX 3060TI Gaming OC ProFractal Design Meshify C TG, 2x8GB G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200MHz, MSI B450 Gaming Plus MaxSamsung 850 EVO 512GB, 2TB WD BlueCorsair RM850x, LG 27GL83A-B

7 minutes ago, PCMR Ricos said:

Hmm... I would do my researches before saying that, 1ms would be perfect for fast paces shooters

I had an argument with one of my friends about this so we blind tested two people on 1080p 60hz displays one an ips with 5ms and 1 with 1ms delay. Neither of my two friends we blind tested noticed the latency difference and both agreed that the IPS was better . 

******If you paste in text into your post, please click the "remove formatting" button for night theme users.******

CPU- Intel 6700k OC to 4.69 Ghz GPU- NVidia Geforce GTX 970 (MSI) RAM- 16gb DDR4 2400 SSD-2x500gb samsung 850 EVO(SATA) Raid 0 HDD- 2tb Seagate Case- H440 Red w/ custom lighting Motherboard - MSI Z170 Gaming A OS- Windows 10 Mouse- Razer Naga Epic Chroma, Final Mouse 2016 turney proKeyboard- Corsair k70 Cherry MX brown

1 minute ago, bgibbz said:

I had an argument with one of my friends about this so we blind tested two people on 1080p 60hz displays one an ips with 5ms and 1 with 1ms delay. Neither of my two friends we blind tested noticed the latency difference and both agreed that the IPS was better . 

YT is your answer, some people do, if you play a lot of fps you will notice difference.

1 minute ago, bgibbz said:

My eyes just cant handle TN sadly, well not sadly if they agree IPS Is better lmao This Is all i've ever used so any upgrade = good.

2 minutes ago, SCGazelle said:

Keep in mind that it is 2ms GTG.

Looks like you called my bluff.

My System:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 3600, Gigabyte RTX 3060TI Gaming OC ProFractal Design Meshify C TG, 2x8GB G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200MHz, MSI B450 Gaming Plus MaxSamsung 850 EVO 512GB, 2TB WD BlueCorsair RM850x, LG 27GL83A-B

1 minute ago, martward said:

Looks like you called my bluff.

It was too late tho. I already folded.

1 minute ago, SCGazelle said:

It was too late tho. I already folded.

We'll call it a draw then. gg

My System:

Spoiler

11 minutes ago, PCMR Ricos said:

YT is your answer, some people do, if you play a lot of fps you will notice difference.

And i would argue that most of the difference is placebo. at the end of the day, when we are dealing with latency in the hundreds of milliseconds, the difference of 4 ms makes such a small difference percentage wise that it is unnoticeable by the brain.

You can read about it HERE.

In yet another paper, Physcologists found that perception time was about 13ms. again, a difference of 5ms wouldnt be perceivable. 

Physiologically speaking, our response times are on average about 250 ms. This means that adding 5ms to our response time will yield a fairly negligible difference on our brains perception. 

******If you paste in text into your post, please click the "remove formatting" button for night theme users.******

CPU- Intel 6700k OC to 4.69 Ghz GPU- NVidia Geforce GTX 970 (MSI) RAM- 16gb DDR4 2400 SSD-2x500gb samsung 850 EVO(SATA) Raid 0 HDD- 2tb Seagate Case- H440 Red w/ custom lighting Motherboard - MSI Z170 Gaming A OS- Windows 10 Mouse- Razer Naga Epic Chroma, Final Mouse 2016 turney proKeyboard- Corsair k70 Cherry MX brown

IF anyone has anymore suggestions for monitors please comment, Im loooking for a monitor with 144hz around 300$ with no flickering, I think the flicker was hurting my eyes.

45 minutes ago, ozisike said:

IF anyone has anymore suggestions for monitors please comment, Im loooking for a monitor with 144hz around 300$ with no flickering, I think the flicker was hurting my eyes.

The ViewSonic XG2401 is a flicker-free 144 Hz monitor, usually around $250-300.

In regards to the response time discussion, response time isn't a measure of latency, so.... yeah. Bit of a moot discussion. Response time affects blur in fast-moving objects, it doesn't have any effect on latency. http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/278610-display-technology-faqmythbuster/

1 minute ago, Glenwing said:

The ViewSonic XG2401 is a flicker-free 144 Hz monitor, usually around $250-300.

In regards to the response time discussion, response time isn't a measure of latency, so.... yeah. Bit of a moot discussion. Response time affects blur in fast-moving objects, it doesn't have any effect on latency. http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/278610-display-technology-faqmythbuster/

ahh okay thank you for clearing that up, i was looking at this But idk what im doing tbh, I might just go with the one u linked. ty

5 hours ago, Glenwing said:

Thanks for clearling that up. I always thought it was a measure of latency, so thanks for the correction.