Best Paint for Mobo

Remy85

I am building a Blue/black theme rig, but the mobo I want has red on it -.-" "ASUS ROG MAXIMUS VIII HERO"

I was just wondering what is the best way to get rid/paint over the red they have on the board? I don't trust myself with spray paint is there another type of paint I can use to cover it? Thanks for the help. 

13-132-855-09.jpg

1 minute ago, Remy85 said:

I am building a Blue/black theme rig, but the mobo I want has red on it -.-" "ASUS ROG MAXIMUS VIII HERO"

I was just wondering what is the best way to get rid/paint over the red they have on the board? I don't trust myself with spray paint is there another type of paint I can use to cover it? Thanks for the help. 

13-132-855-09.jpg

You can try plasti-dip; just make sure to tape off everything you don't want to cover.

“When life gives you lemons, don’t make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don’t want your damn lemons, what the hell am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life’s manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I’m the man who’s gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I’m gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!”

- Cave Johnson, founder and CEO of Aperture Science, in Portal 2

3 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

Not necessarily. Maybe he prefers the design of the Asus one over that Gigabyte one

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠉⠛⠻⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣦⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣤⣄⡀⠀⢻⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠸⣿⣿⣿⠃⢰⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣼⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢶⣶⣶⣾⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣧⠀⢠⡀⠐⠀⠀⠀⠻⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡄⢸⣷⡄⠀⠣⣄⡀⠀⠉⠛⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣇⠀⣿⣿⣦⠀⠹⣿⣷⣶⣦⣼⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣼⣿⣿⣿⣷⣄⣸⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⡿⢛⡙⢻⠛⣉⢻⣉⢈⣹⣿⣿⠟⣉⢻⡏⢛⠙⣉⢻⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣇⠻⠃⣾⠸⠟⣸⣿⠈⣿⣿⣿⡀⠴⠞⡇⣾⡄⣿⠘⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣟⠛⣃⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣷⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

2 minutes ago, Inception9269 said:

Not necessarily. Maybe he prefers the design of the Asus one over that Gigabyte one

those red pieces on maximus light up so makes it harder

1 minute ago, Inception9269 said:

You are completely right, 

but I should have stated I want specifically the Asus Hero, (i know all mobos are pretty much the same performance wise) 

I am a bit of a fan boy, plus Asus mobos have always server me well and been super stable for me. 

Hmm, well I think in this case either change the board or change the colour scheme, however, there may be something else you could do brb

Ryzen Ram Guide

My Project Logs   Iced Blood    Temporal Snow    Temporal Snow Ryzen Refresh

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

Ryzen Ram Guide

My Project Logs   Iced Blood    Temporal Snow    Temporal Snow Ryzen Refresh

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

16 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

those red pieces on maximus light up so makes it harder

hmm I thought only the heat spreader on the chip set was the one that lights up. 

9 minutes ago, stealth80 said:

Hmm, well I think in this case either change the board or change the colour scheme, however, there may be something else you could do brb

Bah... It is seeming that way... everyone has red black >.> Maybe ill get the asus tuf sabertooth z170 it is at least more neutral 

aTTjmEMMmPCY8uce_setting_fff_1_90_end_1000.png_w_600.jpg

3 minutes ago, Remy85 said:

You are completely right, 

but I should have stated I want specifically the Asus Hero, (i know all mobos are pretty much the same performance wise) 

I am a bit of a fan boy, plus Asus mobos have always server me well and been super stable for me. 

Their costumer service is trash, so good luck with that

So true it hurts

1 minute ago, SirFlamenco said:

proof?

Just now, SirFlamenco said:

I have never needed to call them... that is what I mean by stable 6/7 years on my Asus Maximus IV Extreme, this was an amazing board

I don't know how hose heat sinks are put on, so excuse me if I'm wrong, but it should be trivial to paint them if you can get them off. You just tape everything you don't want to paint then spray or dip it

That's an F in the profile pic

3 minutes ago, Remy85 said:

I have never needed to call them... that is what I mean by stable 6/7 years on my Asus Maximus IV Extreme, this was an amazing board

Yea their QC is not bad, but when you get to call them.. SHHHH

So true it hurts

1 minute ago, Froody129 said:

I don't know how hose heat sinks are put on, so excuse me if I'm wrong, but it should be trivial to paint them if you can get them off. You just tape everything you don't want to paint then spray or dip it

That is what I was hoping, but I just didn't know which type of paint to use?

1 minute ago, deXxterlab97 said:

proof?

It's kind of a general agreement that Asus has bad customer service. I'm not sure where this came from nor do I support rumours without proof. Just the general consensus is that it is indeed trash

1 minute ago, Froody129 said:

It's kind of a general agreement that Asus has bad customer service. I'm not sure where this came from nor do I support rumours without proof. Just the general consensus is that it is indeed trash

But I had none for myself. With a asus mobo and asus gpu

1 minute ago, deXxterlab97 said:

But I had none for myself. With a asus mobo and asus gpu

Yeah I'm not arguing. Just pointing out that for some reason everyone says Asus CS is trash. I can't comment on it because I've never had an Asus product 

On 12/6/2016 at 0:02 PM, Remy85 said:

hmm I thought only the heat spreader on the chip set was the one that lights up. 

Bah... It is seeming that way... everyone has red black >.> Maybe ill get the asus tuf sabertooth z170 it is at least more neutral 

aTTjmEMMmPCY8uce_setting_fff_1_90_end_1000.png_w_600.jpg

Motherboards like this with the thermal armor are going to be a lot easier to paint since you can take them off