possibly a wireless mouse that never runs out of charge ?

so i just bought a Logitech g403 with its new fancy wireless from amazon (its still coming in the mail) 

but i just had i possibly genus idea :

confident you just buy a qi wireless charger receiver and put that on the bottom of the mouse and put a wireless charging pad underneath you're mouse mat 

if it works this will kill you having to plug in you're mouse but you still would have to hide a wire (if you care about that)

the only two things i can see being a problem is:

no hole in any of the recevors for the senor

and the mouse mat might act as a insulator

and you cant have a thick mouse mat i.e: the qck xl heavy but i have the qck xxl which is 3.5 mm thick and most of the chargers can charge 5 mm away

so i may just be a iddiot but this might be a good idea :/ ?

1 minute ago, aylan!! said:

so i just bought a Logitech g403 with its new fancy wireless from amazon (its still coming in the mail) 

but i just had i possibly genus idea :

confident you just buy a qi wireless charger receiver and put that on the bottom of the mouse and put a wireless charging pad underneath you're mouse mat 

if it works this will kill you having to plug in you're mouse but you still would have to hide a wire (if you care about that)

the only two things i can see being a problem is:

no hole in any of the recevors for the senor

and the mouse mat might act as a insulator

and you cant have a thick mouse mat i.e: the qck xl heavy but i have the qck xxl which is 3.5 mm thick and most of the chargers can charge 5 mm away

so i may just be a iddiot but this might be a good idea :/ ?

there are already mice and flashlights that run off the heat in ur hand - so i think your idea has already been done in a much more enviromentaly friendly and cost effective way

1 minute ago, gtx1060=value said:

there are already mice and flashlights that run off the heat in ur hand - so i think your idea has already been done in a much more enviromentaly friendly and cost effective way

but they probably wont be verry good mice and deflationary wont have that Logitech wireless

perhapse a ball mouse where the rollers generate power. mind blown. but one problem. its a ball mouse

Favorite Threads: PSU Tier List

My Stuff n' Things

Spoiler

The Beast (My Rig)   |CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X|  |Cooling: Enermax Liquimax III, 6x 120mm Noctua Redux|  |Motherboard:  MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus|  |RAM: 4x32gb 3200 G.Skill TridentZ NEO|  |Graphics Card: EVGA(RIP) GeForce RTX 3070TI FTW3|  |Power Supply: Corsair CX-M 750W|  |Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow Mid Tower Case(Black)|  |SSD: 1Tb WD BLACK NVMe, 500gb NVMe, 1Tb Samsung 850 EVO|  |Monitor: MSI Optix MPG341QR 34" Ultrawide|  |Keyboard: Logitech G815|  |Mouse: Logitech G203 LIGHTSYNC|  |Audio Interface: FiiO K7 DAC/Amp|  |Headphones: Sennheiser HD6XX |Webcam: Logitech C920, Logitech C270|

My Network Rack  |Switch: Cisco Dell PowerConnect 5548P|  |Router: Unifi USG|  |Rack: 12U|  |Server: HP Z420|  |Services: Proxmox PVE, Wireguard, Pihole, NVR, NAS|

Just now, aylan!! said:

but they probably wont be verry good mice and deflationary wont have that Logitech wireless

actually, the performance is good if you don't want macro buttons and flashy leds, they are wireless and require no batteries - i bought one on amazon and it works fine - although i don't use because i've just never left the house with my laptop and had to use it portably

but i do need it for semi competitive gaming so i sorta do need it for macros and despite it sounding petty fancy led's do matter to me haha

5 minutes ago, MrMcMuffinJr said:

perhapse a ball mouse where the rollers generate power. mind blown. but one problem. its a ball mouse

DO IT

Most often a mouse will not be in actually constant use, so it's probably not necessary to have the charger under the mouse pad. There are monitors with a built-in wireless charging pad already, so it's just a matter of releasing compatible mice.

Given the kind of battery life Logitech got with the G602 though, I'm not sure this is even necessary.

5 minutes ago, Sakkura said:

Most often a mouse will not be in actually constant use, so it's probably not necessary to have the charger under the mouse pad. There are monitors with a built-in wireless charging pad already, so it's just a matter of releasing compatible mice.

Given the kind of battery life Logitech got with the G602 though, I'm not sure this is even necessary.

i agree it wont be nessary but it will be one les thing on my desk and i wont have to worry about me forgetting to charge the mouse and then having to whip out all manor of adaptors and extention cords