Looking for a good 4k HDR tv....Black friday is close, what deals you guys got/or have seen?

likwidsolutions
4K TVs have been dropping in price over the past few years to the point where it's just not worth it not to buy one and then.... HDR hit the scene and manufacturers are always confusing us with their secial "branding" of the same tech, so it takes a w ehile to sort through, even longer for them to drop just cuz they need sales to drop the price,. bit it looks like its about a good time to buy. I also wanted to make sure I;m getting true HDR, from what I read/hear some HDR aren't quire as good as other branded HDR, idk the diffferences just wanna make sure if i spend my money it gets spent well (only upgrade TVs once ever 3-5 yrs really). But since Black Friday is coming up (and some places, i guess because Amazon just runs Black Friday the month of November, making Black Friday a moot day (yet ironically we hear every year about people being trampled to death at walmarts....have these ppl not heard of shopping onlline, or do those good deals just go to idiots with the only clue to a good deal being walmart...and when it's not a deal holiday season (like after xmas, black friday, labor day, etc), their "deals" are basically like 997.49 instead of the MSRP of 999.99 (i hate how they do that and people really think it's such a great place to shop). Ugh....Amazon may be the Walmart of online shoping, but at least they do it right. Sorry just ranting over the fact people actually wait for black friday and camp out these days, ill sit inside comfortably and just shop onlne whether it's Friday but most online sales run longer sometimes. I saw Microsoft is having some good deals, didnt look at displays but if you're interested Vive and Oculus are botj gonna be 100 off ....   bought an Xbox one as the other day it would be nice too watch some 4K HDR video plus I'm not opposed to console me I mean like go love PC players are. Plus if I'm playing it 4K and 60 hertz then I can just use my TV for PC gaming anyway. Tama but correct me if I'm wrong to do that what I need it to use multiple cables tor is a HDMI 2.0 cable good enough? I normally just use my Asus MG279Q (27" 1440p IPS Freesync Monitor). I'd have gotten G-Sync but when I bought it I bought 2 and of course the G-Sync ones were like 100-150 more

Anyways been looking online for a few daysne and it looks like Samsung has some good deals and Samsung TVs have always been top notch in my opinion their displays in general. I just hope we don't have any TVs blowing up lmao.. After the whole note 7 Fiasco my damn washer got recalled by Samsung LOL. Luckily I don't have to send it and they just send out a repairman but it's still a hassle because I'm actually in the middle of moving. But then again maybe they just have to do good deal since they kind of have a tarnished damn right now although long is the product doesn't blow up it's fine by me LOL my Samsung 1080p TV is working great the only reason I'm upgrading is because it's about time technologically speaking. 4K TVs first came out I really didn't understand people's desire to buy them when there was no content. But there is now...just got a Xbox One S to take advantage of 4l HDR movies....i just wish more TV channels did 4k... but for us US folk we'll prob have to wait for the tech to catch up in most homes and then like HDTVs, the FCC will make it standardized oh well, I'm a console/PC gamer so doesn't bother me, got my One S..MIGHT get a PS4 Pro but I havent heard too much great things about it so we'll see. Id like to see better suport for PSVR (im a sucker for new stuff, got a vive, xb1 s, ps4 (looking at a pro), just got my 1080 lol, and also looking at some new MBs with TB3 native support. If not, oh well I can live. The One S has better 4k/HDR support for bluray anyways.

TL;DR: He/She/Apache helicopter is looking for 4K HDR TV that support wide color gamut, good for gaming and doesn't explode if its from Samsung :P .

Look for 10 bit wide gamut TVs for real HDR, you have to read reviews of the TV (here) because the manufacturers doesn't tell you how good\real their HDR is.

You need graphic card with HDMI 2.0 port to get 60Hz at 4K on PC. 

Any HDMI cable can pass the HDMI 2.0 signal (it is digital, doesn't matter) and you only need one cable.

If you are used to 144Hz monitors its better to look for a TV with low input lag/latency? (anyone correct me on this).

This is a TV I might consider buying it: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01FWIEO2E?tag=rtings-tv-bs10b-20&ie=UTF8

The review that attracted me to it: http://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/sony/x800d

lol i appreciate the tech specs but the hdmi 2.0/4k thing is obvious :P 

however the info on HDR helps cuz ive been wondering what the differences are and you're absolutely right, manufacturer's really try to pull the wool over your head with this stuff. When 4K was first available it was also a nightmare, so many different names for the tech. it was frustrating just dealing with that but theyve finally just used the sensible term, 4K (as ifthats so hard), but we gotta deal with UHD and SUHD.... these manufacturers.

oh man, samsung...what happened to you? you should check this video on youtube out called like 'how big is samsung' andthey actually account for most of S Koreas GDP its insane, i wouldnt be suprised if the Note 7 thing hurt the country's GDP. Now washer's....ugh i got a call from the recall company yesterday, i was renting a car so i asked to call back in 30 min, they called back in 5...then i said 15....didnt get a calll til today. of course it was a foreign CS company and she couldnt understand me and i couldnt underand her....at that point i just ask for a supervisor....it was oiver 5 min later.  I bought that washer/dryer combo...samsung has always been a solid brand, wtf  is going on? i really do want a samsung display, they are top notch, whether or not the note 7 was f'd, display looked baller, and all their monitors and tvs have been someof the best...might just get a third party warranty....oh boy.

I've been looking at the Samsung UN50KU6300. It's a mid range panel with "HDR" support (in quotes because it's not true HDR). It usually retails for around $600 but Walmart/Target/BestBuy have it marked to be on sale as a doorbuster deal for $397. I'm definitely trying to pick one of them up mainly because it's such a good deal. I'm looking to replace my 32" 720p finally with something fairly nice. Here's the rtings review of it. http://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/samsung/ku6300

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X @ 4.7GHz | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 | Motherboard: X570 I AORUS PRO WIFI | RAM: G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB | Case: NCase M1 v6.0 | SSDs: Samsung 970 Evo+ 1TB, 860 Evo 1TB | CPU Cooler: H100i ELITE CAPELLIX | MonitorsLG 27GN950-B 4K 165Hz |

I recently got the LG 60UH6035. Its on sale at best buy right now at $700

Product description:

59.5" screen (measured diagonally from corner to corner)

Large enough to provide an immersive experience for everyone in the room.

Built-in Wi-Fi Smart TV means a huge world of entertainment

Stream movies, music and more, and surf your favorite websites with the included Web browser.

Up-scale entertainment to near-4K quality

4K HD engine up-scales the picture through a multi-step data analysis that enhances the details of movies, sports, video games, and more.

LED TVs perform well in all lighting conditions

They also deliver plasma-like deep blacks and rich colors.

2160p resolution for breathtaking HD images

Watch 4K movies and TV shows at 4x the resolution of Full HD, and upscale your current HD content to gorgeous, Ultra HD-level picture quality.

Wireless Connectivity

Provides fast and reliable streaming with Wi-Fi.

3 HDMI inputs for the best home theater connection

High-speed HDMI delivers up to 2160p picture and digital surround sound in one convenient cable. HDMI cable not included.

TruMotion 120

Enjoy high-speed action with good motion clarity.

1 USB input

Easily connects your digital camera, camcorder or other USB device.

Web-based services and content require high-speed Internet service. Some services may require a subscription.