Help choosing Radiators

So im shopping for radiator's and i was wondering the efficiency difference between a double thick radiator and 2x radiators. Would a 120x120x60 be equle to 2x 120x120x30's with the same fin density and airflow? or would it be less? My guess is the double thick radiator would be somewhere between 1x and 2x, but not equle to 2x, More linear area is better than adding girth in my mind. I dont have any personal experiance, so it all speculation. 

4 minutes ago, tekgeek1205 said:

So im shopping for radiator's and i was wondering the efficiency difference between a double thick radiator and 2x radiators. Would a 120x120x60 be equle to 2x 120x120x30's with the same fin density and airflow? or would it be less? My guess is the double thick radiator would be somewhere between 1x and 2x, but not equle to 2x, More linear area is better than adding girth in my mind. I dont have any personal experiance, so it all speculation. 

Longer or more rad space is always going to provide more cooling potential than thicker rads. If you can fit 240mm rads or longer those also tend to be just slightly more efficient that a bunch of smaller rads all series togethered. 

5 minutes ago, tekgeek1205 said:

Not exatly, as thicker radiators slow down air more, so a 2x120 at 30FPI would be better than a 1x120 at 60FPI

FOr an exactly cooler, i would reocmmend an Corsair H110i v2

Roses are red

My name is Roy

We caught the alligator that ate the De Luca boy

2 minutes ago, UberGamerKing said:

Not exatly, as thicker radiators slow down air more, so a 2x120 at 30FPI would be better than a 1x120 at 60FPI

FOr an exactly cooler, i would reocmmend an Corsair H110i v2

thats what i was thinking, also i was thinking the 2nd 1/2 of the radiator would be cooled by air heated by the first 1/2.

my thoughts are, if room and water flow is'nt an issue, go with more radiators not thicker.

PS not going AIO, I'll be using 6-8 120mm spots (2x 480s or 360s)

1 minute ago, tekgeek1205 said:

thats what i was thinking, also i was thinking the 2nd 1/2 of the radiator would be cooled by air heated by the first 1/2.

my thoughts are, if room and water flow is'nt an issue, go with more radiators not thicker.

PS not going AIO, I'll be using 6-8 120mm spots (2x 480s or 360s)

Technically, yes, the 2nd 1/2 would be hotter, but neglidigbly

I didnt know you were going for a custom loop.

Roses are red

My name is Roy

We caught the alligator that ate the De Luca boy