Hi Im on a tight budget and I want to watercool my GPU

Go to solution Solved by Oswin,

is water-cooling it really necessary? from my perspective you dont need to water-cool it just save the money for future upgrades. again this is based on my opinion

I need help I want to use my Deepcool Captain 360s as my pump and cpu block.

Here whtat i wanted to do. Since im on a very tight budget im planning to use my deepcool captains 360s pump for my GPU block and CPU aswell

Do you think this can power the whole thing?? Plus the 360 rads 27mm thick if im not mistaken.

Please see attached photos for refence. :)

TIA

14614514_120300000548860117_1812613624_o.jpg

14697232_120300000552998220_1024316506_o.jpg

is water-cooling it really necessary? from my perspective you dont need to water-cool it just save the money for future upgrades. again this is based on my opinion

G502 Lightspeed Review

PC:

Spoiler

i5-6400

GIGABYTE GA-H110M-DS2

CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX 2X4 DDR4-2666MHz

ASUS ROG STRIX-GTX 1060-O6G

SEAGATE 2TB HDD

FUJISTU F300 240GB SSD

CORSAIR CX750M

Laptop:

Spoiler

Acer Nitro 5
i5 8300h
GTX 1050 4Gb
12 Gb RAM

128 Gb SSD

1 Tb HDD

Peripherals:

Spoiler

Keyboard:

Logitech G310 Atlas Dawn (Romer G)

Rexus Legionare MX5.1 (Content Browns)

Mice:

Logitech G602

Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Steelseries Rival 105

Logitech M330

Headset:

Logitech G430 
Cooler Master MH 752

It *should* have enough pressure and capacity for this, but you will most certainly have higher thermals overall. This was designed to handle a cpu only, but it *should* be able to do it. Keep in mind you will have to mod this a fair bit

* possible, but not garunteed

“When life gives you lemons, don’t make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don’t want your damn lemons, what the hell am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life’s manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I’m the man who’s gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I’m gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!”

- Cave Johnson, founder and CEO of Aperture Science, in Portal 2

doubtful as that pump being used is just enough to supply a single waterblock loop. if another block is added, the pump will fail.

consider alternative solutions.

Thank you guys for the fast response 

How about ill try 1st then ill post the results here plus the benchmark? :)

3 hours ago, Redsun20 said:

It *should* have enough pressure and capacity for this, but you will most certainly have higher thermals overall. This was designed to handle a cpu only, but it *should* be able to do it. Keep in mind you will have to mod this a fair bit

* possible, but not garunteed

Thank you guys for the fast response 

How about ill try 1st then ill post the results here plus the benchmark? :)

I don't know.  I used a single pump for 3 blocks (1 CPU and 2 GPU) and it has worked fine.  So long as the additional blocks don't somehow increase the back pressure on the pump you should be fine.

On 10/11/2016 at 9:48 PM, jamesmeke said:

I need help I want to use my Deepcool Captain 360s as my pump and cpu block.

Here whtat i wanted to do. Since im on a very tight budget im planning to use my deepcool captains 360s pump for my GPU block and CPU aswell

Do you think this can power the whole thing?? Plus the 360 rads 27mm thick if im not mistaken.

Please see attached photos for refence. :)

TIA

14614514_120300000548860117_1812613624_o.jpg

14697232_120300000552998220_1024316506_o.jpg

Up

Can always go redmod style with a block on just the GPU, and some RAMsinks.

That's how I watercooled my 270x, mostly because I was bored and couldn't be bothered to adjust the fan curves.

That block was hilariously cheap on ebay, and since the entire project was because "screw it, this might not even work anyways".  I either have a heatsink or the cooler on everything that was covered by the stock cooler (Sapphire dual-X).

n3uWyFz.jpg

SFF-ish:  Ryzen 5 1600X, Asrock AB350M Pro4, 16GB Corsair LPX 3200, Sapphire R9 Fury Nitro -75mV, 512gb Plextor Nvme m.2, 512gb Sandisk SATA m.2, Cryorig H7, stuffed into an Inwin 301 with rgb front panel mod.  LG27UD58.

Aging Workhorse:  Phenom II X6 1090T Black (4GHz #Yolo), 16GB Corsair XMS 1333, RX 470 Red Devil 4gb (Sold for $330 to Cryptominers), HD6850 1gb, Hilariously overkill Asus Crosshair V, 240gb Sandisk SSD Plus, 4TB's worth of mechanical drives, and a bunch of water/glycol.  Coming soon:  Bykski CPU block, whatever cheap Polaris 10 GPU I can get once miners start unloading them.

MintyFreshMedia:  Thinkserver TS130 with i3-3220, 4gb ecc ram, 120GB Toshiba/OCZ SSD booting Linux Mint XFCE, 2TB Hitachi Ultrastar.  In Progress:  3D printed drive mounts, 4 2TB ultrastars in RAID 5.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys just so you know. I was able to make the cpu gpu watercooling using my cpu block as pump. It water flow is cpu to gpu block going to rad going to cpu. Max temps of cpu is 40 and 47 for the gpu.

the pick is now with pump ek dcp 4.0

IMG_0881.JPG