How Can I Combine Two Internet Connection To Get Double Speed ?

Hello,

I am new here though i am pretty old subscriber of  LinusTechTips  YouTube channel. I need help and suddenly i thought about posting it here, so let me explain what i want .....

I had an 5Mbps internet connection earlier from my favorite ISP and then there is a new ISP in my city who offering internet for very cheap price so i though i should add 5Mbps to my connection. I called them and got the new connection and now i have  5Mbps from different ISP and i want to combine them using any software / hardware to get double speed.

I already know Bridging network adapters or setting metric to 10/15 from Automatic is not built for doubling the speed. 

I heard about TP-Link multi WAN load balanced router but as i need to be sure before i purchase anything so i am looking for suggestion from the experts in this forum.

Please do suggest that you think is the best and affordable way to do it. But please don't suggest me to get 10Mbps from the new ISP as offering internet for cheap price is not enough, it can happen that their service quality will not be good enough.

Thanks.

Linus did a video

Your paying for a service. 

WIth dual wan, it will only help with 2 or more uses.

A single user won't be faster with dual wan

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

That video ^^^

This is the only way, and it costs hundreds of dollars.

Far more expensive than just paying for 10Mbps internet.

Load balancing routers will not double your speed because it splits up different users into the two connections, it can't split one user (you) into two.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Just now, wrathoftheturkey said:

When the first three posts are the same video... LOLZ

For real!

In addition to the above linked video - if you only use it for 1 service, you won't have any advantage, but if you use 2 or more services at a time, like browsing, streaming video and downloading etc etc Any kind of loadbalancer can do this, either if you have a small firewall you can do this in hardware or you use software like speedify or Connectify Dispatch to do it

Thanks everyone for replying, i am not from America or Europe .... so each 5Mbps dedicated internet will cost you up to $150.00 USD /Monthly in my location. So i am not thinking about getting 10Mbps connection in any way. The another connecting i was talking about is pretty cheap because that is shared connection. 

So both connection already costing me $200.00 USD or few more Monthly, do you think i should spend more ?

4 minutes ago, Nixblicker said:

In addition to the above linked video - if you only use it for 1 service, you won't have any advantage, but if you use 2 or more services at a time, like browsing, streaming video and downloading etc etc Any kind of loadbalancer can do this, either if you have a small firewall you can do this in hardware or you use software like speedify or Connectify Dispatch to do it

Thanks for your explanation, so i am not going to get faster connection with this in any way :( 

I tried Speedify but it's like a VPN so i don't want it and about Conenctify i didn't try yet as they won Speedify too , so i thought they would be same.  

1 minute ago, Tonmoy Ajize said:

Thanks for your explanation, so i am not going to get faster connection with this in any way :( 

I tried Speedify but it's like a VPN so i don't want it and about Conenctify i didn't try yet as they won Speedify too , so i thought they would be same.  

Connectify doesn't have the VPN from what I know - I don't use either.

If you are on your own it really would make sense to pay for one service with more bandwith - if you need to share the uplink with 2-3 people and you already have it, you might want to get some loadbalancer that does that in hardware for you ;)

16 minutes ago, Enderman said:

That video ^^^

This is the only way, and it costs hundreds of dollars.

Far more expensive than just paying for 10Mbps internet.

Load balancing routers will not double your speed because it splits up different users into the two connections, it can't split one user (you) into two.

Linus isn't using a load balancing router in that video though, the box he got basically eliminates the downside of load balancing routers does it not?

Op you'd need 2 phone lines anyway if you wanted to try something like this.

3 minutes ago, JAKEBAB said:

Linus isn't using a load balancing router in that video though, the box he got basically eliminates the downside of load balancing routers does it not?

Op you'd need 2 phone lines anyway if you wanted to try something like this.

The box basically combines two connections into one, in which case a load balancing router isn't necessary.

He probably just had that router from before and uses it to manage user's speeds.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

1 minute ago, Enderman said:

The box basically combines two connections into one, in which case a load balancing router isn't necessary.

He probably just had that router from before and uses it to manage user's speeds.

Wait im kinda confused now, forget what i originally said, can't he have 2 connections aggregated with a load balancing router? I don't understand what you guys are talking about how it will only work if you have more than one user. If you aggregate with a load balancing router he should potentially get 10mbps on e.g a torrent shouldn't he?

5 hours ago, JAKEBAB said:

Wait im kinda confused now, forget what i originally said, can't he have 2 connections aggregated with a load balancing router? I don't understand what you guys are talking about how it will only work if you have more than one user. If you aggregate with a load balancing router he should potentially get 10mbps on e.g a torrent shouldn't he?

A website cannot send data to two different IP addresses.

When you have two completely separate lines coming into your house, they each have their own IP.

Spoiler