RIP Internet.

CostcoSamples
1 minute ago, TidaLWaveZ said:

I know I take for granted how good I actually have it, but being constantly bombarded by all the shit in the media forces me to have a headache.  I've gone in and out with my involvement, I stay away from it until I'm pushed to the edge(when you read or see something so absurdly wrong, you can't stay quiet).

It's to the point where I'm considering losing friends over it because they just won't stop pushing liberal ideals over social media.  I'm not even conservative either.

Oh man that is the same situation I am in. I am annoyed by the fact that so many people on my friends list blindly believe everything they hear on the news and post it all over Facebook. I stay informed for the purpose of self preservation. In other words, if things go bad, and they will eventually, I want to be able to get out in time......all I know is, this government is completely corrupt and can't be trusted, and the people who allow it to happen are just as guilty.

I know this is a little off topic but I had to get that off my chest.

4 hours ago, mmaatt747 said:

Look up the definition of sensationalism.  You can't find a better example than the title of that video you linked.

Seems pretty accurate to me, apparently public displays of affection aren't free speech in the US.

Oh, and if Free Speech was truly protected, you'd be allowed to say "DEATH TO AMERICA!" without fear of getting shot down by the FBI or NSA.

Note to NSA or FBI agents who read this: The above is a statement to prove a point, I do not actually wish death to America or those who live in it.

CPU - Ryzen 7 3700X | RAM - 64 GB DDR4 3200MHz | GPU - Nvidia GTX 1660 ti | MOBO -  MSI B550 Gaming Plus

5 hours ago, r00tH4cK3r said:

I heard that, and I wholeheartedly agree. I live in the USA and the state things are in truly disturbs me......if I could I would move to Canada and start over 

Hate when people say that. What happened? There are way to many idiots in this country, but why would you leave? Not like America isn't worth leaving, but its america. Its your country. It just really bothers me when I see people rejecting their own country. Unless that country is literally treating you like crap, I can't fathom leaving. That's one the huge problems with America, the lack of patriotism and respect for their own country. 

My System:

Intel Core i5-4690k  / Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo Asus Z97-AR MSI Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 100me Corsair Vengeance LP 1600Mhz 2x4GB DDR3 Samsung 850 EVO 250GB / Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM HDD / NZXT S340 EVGA SuperNOVA G1 650W / Windows 10 Home 64 / AOC G2460PQU 1080p 144hz / Corsair VOID Wireless RGB Razer Taipan Laser Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2014 

My Laptop (Asus X55C-DS31):

Intel Core i3-2370M @ 2.4Ghz 6GB RAM / OCZ ARC100 240GB SSD /

My Phone:

OnePlus Three Graphite Black / 64GB

My Watch:

Moto 360 1st Generation

1 hour ago, PocketNerd said:

Seems pretty accurate to me, apparently public displays of affection aren't free speech in the US.

Then you did not watch the whole video and just read the title of the video.  Otherwise you would have seen the other guys arrested after the couple that was kissing.  All of these people were a part of a protest.  The kissing was not why they were arrested, hence the reference I made to sensationalism.  

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800x3d  Motherboard:  Gigabyte B650 AORUS Elite  RAM:  Vengeance 2 x 16GB DDR5 6000   GPU:  Zotac RTX 4090

Storage:  M.2 Samsung Evo 860 TB / Samsung Evo 840 500GB   Case:  be quiet Dark Base 900   PSU: Corsair SHIFT RM1000x  Display:  ASUS AW3423DW QD-OLED 34" 3440x1440 Ultrawide w/ GSYNC

3 hours ago, BiscuitMassacre said:

Hate when people say that. What happened? There are way to many idiots in this country, but why would you leave? Not like America isn't worth leaving, but its america. Its your country. It just really bothers me when I see people rejecting their own country. Unless that country is literally treating you like crap, I can't fathom leaving. That's one the huge problems with America, the lack of patriotism and respect for their own country. 

Its not a lack of respect. Its wanting to live a better life, and being disgusted with how far it has fallen.......its just my opinion. Not everyone will agree with it, but its just wishful thinking anyway

1. ICANN isn't controlled by the UN in any form, not sure why everyone keeps bringing it up.
  2. There are over 100 member nations, the likely hood of a decision implementing a form of censorship is slim to none.
  3. IANA has been controlled by ICANN for many years with a contract through the Department of Commerce without issue.
  4. The only role the DoC and the US government has played in IANA is approving zone changes.
  5. ICANN can't simply switch off a domain, they don't control every DNS server. The only server they control is their own.

Please give me a specific way in which ICANN could somehow censor information and don't just say "but they control DNS." That's not explaining how they could censor.

When everyone that legitimately understands how the DNS system functions agrees that ICANN can't censor information through DNS control, it's usually a good sign that everyone that says otherwise is a buffoon on the topic.

Also, Republicans want to abolish the DoC so why are they protecting it in this case? Aren't they all for private control of public services?

[Out-of-date] Want to learn how to make your own custom Windows 10 image?

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

Server 02: Intel i7 7700K | Gigabye Z170N Gaming5 | 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz

4 hours ago, BiscuitMassacre said:

Patriotism and/or nationalism, they are really the same thing, are huge causes of strife. You could even say that they are one of the biggest causes of both world wars. I would rather view everyone as just a human being than someone from some other nation than my own. I'm very much so into the notion of advancing technology and space exploration which especially requires global cooperation. If Technocracy was still a thing, I would be all over that.

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

5 hours ago, r00tH4cK3r said:

Its not a lack of respect. Its wanting to live a better life, and being disgusted with how far it has fallen.......its just my opinion. Not everyone will agree with it, but its just wishful thinking anyway

Maybe you aren't as lucky, but do you actually live around freaks or whomever you consider them to be? (I think crazy liberals and feminists) I really just hear news and and i'll see a freako at the mall here and then, but I'd say its not even worth abandoning your country for. I don't think Canada is without freaks as well. Freaks are everywhere, US just gives the rights for them to say retarded crap an the US citizens find it entertaining or worth listening to. Besides, if Trump, excuse me, when Trump Wins, All the real crazy ones will be flocking to Canada, as least as they say. 

In other words, I don't think America is worth leaving unless you are being persecuted , but that doesn't happen anymore. 

The main cause of freaks is this:

Lack of Respect for anything

Think they are Special and are actually worth more than the honest, hard-working man.

Lack of Religion and morals.

Lack of a backbone in the people that let them do what they do. If one of my guy friends walked up to me in a dress, I wouldn't be all accepting. I would tell that whatever he's doing has to stop, until he actually stops. 

Lack of moderate criticism. Bullying is different. Casual Criticism isn't that bad. If said, "Dude, you are wearing a dress. What is that? What the actual heck are you doing? Man you are weird." Would that make me a bully or just trying to get my once normal friend to stop thinking he Goku or whatever they say nowadays. 

But I do agree it would be pretty great to 'start over again', but I don't know what I could do to stop psychos without dwindling rights at all. 

4 hours ago, DeadEyePsycho said:

Patriotism and/or nationalism, they are really the same thing, are huge causes of strife. You could even say that they are one of the biggest causes of both world wars. I would rather view everyone as just a human being than someone from some other nation than my own. I'm very much so into the notion of advancing technology and space exploration which especially requires global cooperation. If Technocracy was still a thing, I would be all over that.

No, no, no, just stop talking.. you are hurting yourself. That doesn't make any sense. You are literally telling me that if I love my country I want to start WW3 and I think all other nations are stupid? Seriously? and that you want Technocracy? I hope that was a joke, because I really don't Intel and Nvidia making my life decisions for me because they can't even get their prices right nowadays. And Space exploration is good, but not THAT important, I much rather care about the people on this planet than the heavens. You sound like you are from some magical anime land, like "Like don't we all just get together?". I hope you know that Global Cooperation will NEVER happen. From reading that you probably aren't religious, but if you were you'd believe that its in people's nature to be evil. You telling me Hitler was patriot? He started the WW2. Not America. He wanted power and complete control. America only stepped in when Japan attacked us for the same reasons. Also American's watched in horror as the were told about the holocaust and didn't have a problem killing Hitler. I do think Global Cooperation would be great, but its kind of like throwing a baseball to the moon. I am only 14, so chill. Telling someone on the internet that their own Patriotism is the cause of mass killings is a little be ridiculous. Would you not agree?

Dear Linus and admins, this is not and hate comment, and I know its off topic. Please don't ban me or flag or whatever. This is not a butter up, but if you are actually reading this, give yourself a golden star, because this Forum is really helpful and great. 

My System:

Intel Core i5-4690k  / Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo Asus Z97-AR MSI Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 100me Corsair Vengeance LP 1600Mhz 2x4GB DDR3 Samsung 850 EVO 250GB / Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM HDD / NZXT S340 EVGA SuperNOVA G1 650W / Windows 10 Home 64 / AOC G2460PQU 1080p 144hz / Corsair VOID Wireless RGB Razer Taipan Laser Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2014 

My Phone:

My Watch:

Moto 360 1st Generation

Quick reminder, the US has veto right in the UN. The UN can do nothing if the US doesn't want it to.

On 29/9/2016 at 7:30 AM, CostcoSamples said:

We are talking about global internet censorship if the UN gets their way.

No, we're not.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

19 minutes ago, BiscuitMassacre said:

and that you want Technocracy? I hope that was a joke, because I really don't Intel and Nvidia making my life decisions for me because they can't even get their prices right nowadays.

Do you even know what technocracy means? What does nVidia have to do with it?

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

14 minutes ago, Sauron said:

Do you even know what technocracy means? What does nVidia have to do with it?

Saying Nvidia was a joke. Its just stupid.

I am only 14, but let me give this a shot:

*Googles Technocracy*

the government or control of society or industry by an elite of technical experts.

Yeah. That's retarded. I am literally going to give my life decisions over to someone who's good with a computer? What's next?  

You guys are really great people, but I really don't think its a great idea to let my computer to have more control over me than i do. I haven't spent the time to watch the Terminator series, but this is probably how it happened.

My System:

My Phone:

My Watch:

Moto 360 1st Generation

6 minutes ago, BiscuitMassacre said:

Saying Nvidia was a joke. Its just stupid.

I am only 14, but let me give this a shot:

*Googles Technocracy*

the government or control of society or industry by an elite of technical experts.

Yeah. That's retarded. I am literally going to give my life decisions over to someone who's good with a computer? What's next?  

You guys are really great people, but I really don't think its a great idea to let my computer to have more control over me than i do. I haven't spent the time to watch the Terminator series, but this is probably how it happened.

Yeah... you don't know what you're talking about. Technical experts is not referred to engineers, it's referred to economists and other people who have studied how our socioeconomical system works and know what decisions lead to the best mathematical scenario. The problem with this system is that 1) you can't be sure they are trustworthy. Since they are generally not elected by public opinion but by qualifications there's little you can do to stop them if they go ary. 2) what is mathematically best is not necessarily the best from a moral stand point.

In the right circumstances technocracy can save a country from bankruptcy, but it must be temporary.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

22 hours ago, Lurick said:

And more people who don't understand the difference between IANA and ICANN and how only IANA is being handed over.

ICANN isn't being "handed over" only because it is already outside US control.

IANA is being given to ICANN.  An organization which has already demonstrated a willingness to violate it's own bylaws.

20 hours ago, PocketNerd said:

Don't mind me then... (guess what, I'm Canadian too, cause apparently nationality is tantamount to your opinion of me)

That is one incident against tens of millions of actual legitimate cops?

Don't see your point here.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

17 hours ago, r00tH4cK3r said:

Oh man that is the same situation I am in. I am annoyed by the fact that so many people on my friends list blindly believe everything they hear on the news and post it all over Facebook. I stay informed for the purpose of self preservation. In other words, if things go bad, and they will eventually, I want to be able to get out in time......all I know is, this government is completely corrupt and can't be trusted, and the people who allow it to happen are just as guilty.

I know this is a little off topic but I had to get that off my chest.

Me: The media is biased and just about every article you see is funded by someone to push a political agenda.

Friends: (Laughs, chuckles) Yeah, sure it's all just a big conspiracy.

Me: (Head explodes)

- ASUS X99 Deluxe - i7 5820k - Nvidia GTX 1080ti SLi - 4x4GB EVGA SSC 2800mhz DDR4 - Samsung SM951 500 - 2x Samsung 850 EVO 512 -

- EK Supremacy EVO CPU Block - EK FC 1080 GPU Blocks - EK XRES 100 DDC - EK Coolstream XE 360 - EK Coolstream XE 240 -

5 hours ago, BiscuitMassacre said:

No, no, no, just stop talking.. you are hurting yourself. That doesn't make any sense. You are literally telling me that if I love my country I want to start WW3 and I think all other nations are stupid? Seriously? and that you want Technocracy? I hope that was a joke, because I really don't Intel and Nvidia making my life decisions for me because they can't even get their prices right nowadays. And Space exploration is good, but not THAT important, I much rather care about the people on this planet than the heavens. You sound like you are from some magical anime land, like "Like don't we all just get together?". I hope you know that Global Cooperation will NEVER happen. From reading that you probably aren't religious, but if you were you'd believe that its in people's nature to be evil. You telling me Hitler was patriot? He started the WW2. Not America. He wanted power and complete control. America only stepped in when Japan attacked us for the same reasons. Also American's watched in horror as the were told about the holocaust and didn't have a problem killing Hitler. I do think Global Cooperation would be great, but its kind of like throwing a baseball to the moon. I am only 14, so chill. Telling someone on the internet that their own Patriotism is the cause of mass killings is a little be ridiculous. Would you not agree?

Technocracy is the idea that scientists and engineers are in charge of government, not the businessmen of tech companies. It was supposed to be the best scientists and engineers in their respective fields. Your Intel/Nvidia comment is nothing but a red herring.

Hitler played on the emotions of the German people. They wanted their nation to be strong again desperately and he gave that to them but at a terrible price. Japan was also tired of Europeans attempting to control them like they did with China and countless other Asian nations. Hence, they went into isolation until the early 1900s when they started expanding their empire, first into Korea and then eventually China. They also expanded quite far into the Pacific just before the start of WWII. 

Patriotism is just the American word for American nationalism. I'm assuming you haven't taken a global history class yet which would explain why you don't understand the nationalism bit. Once you do, you'll learn how nationalism made Europe a powder keg that exploded into WWI.

http://alphahistory.com/worldwar1/nationalism/

http://www.historynet.com/the-rise-of-militaristic-nationalism-november-96-world-war-ii-feature.htm

10 hours ago, TidaLWaveZ said:

Me: The media is biased and just about every article you see is funded by someone to push a political agenda.

Friends: (Laughs, chuckles) Yeah, sure it's all just a big conspiracy.

Me: (Head explodes)

I know, right? Its like when someone is confronted by the truth, their first instinct is to deny it because it goes against what they think and feel. So many people are stuck in that little, oh the government wouldn't do that, box.......and that way of thinking is what allowed these corrupt officials to gain and keep power in the first place.

I hate being called crazy because I am informed.....and I hate how the term Conspiracy Theorist became a derogatory term, dismissive in nature and meant to make us all seem crazy. 

22 minutes ago, r00tH4cK3r said:

I know, right? Its like when someone is confronted by the truth, their first instinct is to deny it because it goes against what they think and feel. So many people are stuck in that little, oh the government wouldn't do that, box.......and that way of thinking is what allowed these corrupt officials to gain and keep power in the first place.

I hate being called crazy because I am informed.....and I hate how the term Conspiracy Theorist became a derogatory term, dismissive in nature and meant to make us all seem crazy. 

It's one thing to believe in a relatively reasonable theory such as politicians, the ultra rich, and the media working together to keep the status quo. It's an entirely different thing to believe in the super wacky theories that go way beyond the realm of reason. An example being the Illuminati led by Obama are going to go on a mass genocide through FEMA.

41 minutes ago, DeadEyePsycho said:

It's one thing to believe in a relatively reasonable theory such as politicians, the ultra rich, and the media working together to keep the status quo. It's an entirely different thing to believe in the super wacky theories that go way beyond the realm of reason. An example being the Illuminati led by Obama are going to go on a mass genocide through FEMA.

Lol, who thinks that Obama thing?

- ASUS X99 Deluxe - i7 5820k - Nvidia GTX 1080ti SLi - 4x4GB EVGA SSC 2800mhz DDR4 - Samsung SM951 500 - 2x Samsung 850 EVO 512 -

- EK Supremacy EVO CPU Block - EK FC 1080 GPU Blocks - EK XRES 100 DDC - EK Coolstream XE 360 - EK Coolstream XE 240 -

4 minutes ago, TidaLWaveZ said:

Lol, who thinks that Obama thing?

You would be surprised by the amount of people just by going to some of the crazy conservative facebook pages, like the ones that assert without a doubt that Obama is a muslim terrorist born in Kenya that is secretly the leader of ISIS and is going to implement Sharia Law. Sadly enough, I didn't make that last one up.

Just now, DeadEyePsycho said:

You would be surprised by the amount of people just by going to some of the crazy conservative facebook pages, like the ones that assert without a doubt that Obama is a muslim terrorist born in Kenya that is secretly the leader of ISIS and is going to implement Sharia Law. Sadly enough, I didn't make that last one up.

Lol, yeah I don't see a man who gets his veto's rejected being able to follow through on that one.

On 9/29/2016 at 7:01 PM, mmaatt747 said:

Then you did not watch the whole video and just read the title of the video.  Otherwise you would have seen the other guys arrested after the couple that was kissing.  All of these people were a part of a protest.  The kissing was not why they were arrested, hence the reference I made to sensationalism.  

I actually have watched the entire video, and even so, Protests are a part of free speech.

CPU - Ryzen 7 3700X | RAM - 64 GB DDR4 3200MHz | GPU - Nvidia GTX 1660 ti | MOBO -  MSI B550 Gaming Plus

17 hours ago, PocketNerd said:

I actually have watched the entire video, and even so, Protests are a part of free speech.

Now you're coming around! :)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800x3d  Motherboard:  Gigabyte B650 AORUS Elite  RAM:  Vengeance 2 x 16GB DDR5 6000   GPU:  Zotac RTX 4090

Storage:  M.2 Samsung Evo 860 TB / Samsung Evo 840 500GB   Case:  be quiet Dark Base 900   PSU: Corsair SHIFT RM1000x  Display:  ASUS AW3423DW QD-OLED 34" 3440x1440 Ultrawide w/ GSYNC

9 minutes ago, mmaatt747 said:

Now you're coming around! :)

But everyone who was protesting was arrested though.