Currently the best 140 rad fans?

When i say the best i really mean the best! 140mm radiator fans out there? (This obviously means having really good static pressure)

noctuas are very good , so are silent wings , but there costly , Arctic has pretty darn good fans , and there usually about 50% cheaper than noctua/cm 

RyzenAir : AMD R5 3600 | AsRock AB350M Pro4 | 32gb Aegis DDR4 3000 | GTX 1070 FE | Fractal Design Node 804
RyzenITX : Ryzen 7 1700 | GA-AB350N-Gaming WIFI | 16gb DDR4 2666 | GTX 1060 | Cougar QBX 

PSU Tier list

5 minutes ago, artificialRAGE said:

Noctua NF-A14, Corsair SP140 & NZXT FX V2 140mm are a few of  the good ones

Didn't realise Corsair do the SP140 i know they do the AF140's

The EK Vardar fans are not bad too

Desktop: i7-6700K / Asus Z170 S / H100i V2 / LPX 2400Mhz 16GB / 960 EVO 250GB / 2x 860 EVO 500GB / RM750i  / NZXT H440 XB271H + Z22n Monitors

Laptop: Thinkpad T450s / i7-5600U / 12GB / 860 EVO 500GB

12 minutes ago, artificialRAGE said:

Noctua NF-A14, Corsair SP140 & NZXT FX V2 140mm are a few of  the good ones

Also Noctua NF-A14 are these the Industrial PPC ones? There seems to be 2 versions.

Judging by rated pressure noctua A14 3000rpm. Keep in mind though rated pressure is done by the manufacturer.

Gentle typhoon which isn't rated outperform noctua at same rpm. But they are discontinued.

44 minutes ago, xgn said:

Judging by rated pressure noctua A14 3000rpm. Keep in mind though rated pressure is done by the manufacturer.

Gentle typhoon which isn't rated outperform noctua at same rpm. But they are discontinued.

A14's are not that good at any pressure rating... Peeps need to get off the Noctua Bandwagon...

yTHYwO8l.jpg

The EK Vardar fans are pretty much untouched in the 140mm segement, with the Phanteks PH-F140MP being a close competitor only at low RPM, and the Noiseblocker B14-3 being second place at higher noise levels. Oh and the brand new 30 dollar a pop ML140 Pro fans are basically even with them.

fqmhIWJl.jpg

This last image covers far too wide a range to usefully distinguish them, but from the raw data the A14 fans are mid to upper range at best...

u4WahUYl.jpg

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

9 minutes ago, Curufinwe_wins said:

A14's are not that good at any pressure rating... Peeps need to get off the Noctua Bandwagon...

http://noctua.at/en/nf-a14-industrialppc-3000-pwm/specification

Rated at

Static Pressure 10,52 mm H₂O
Thats what im talking about.
Wether or not that transfer to real performance i dont know.
But i thought i mention since OP wants "The best"
Personally i chose fans out of style. Picture attached :)

DSC_0065.JPG

3 minutes ago, xgn said:

snip

I know, and thus I included real life performance metrics. Noctua has some really really good 120mm offerings, but relatively speaking the 140mm ones are much less impressive.

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

I will verify that the 140mm Noctuas aren't all they're cracked up to be. I bought into all the hype here. Wish I hadn't. (Still no ragrets on buying the LTT Edition fans, though!)

I just replaced mine with the Phanteks PH-F140MP and they're WORLDS better at pushing through my 45mm radiators. The Noctuas worked, but needed to be at fairly high RPMs (and therefore noise) to make decent airflow. They might be fine for low FPI 30mm rads, but not my HardwareLabs 45mm.

I run the Phanteks PH-F140MP at 70% or less, and they're nearly silent at anything under 80% in my Fractal R5. 

Corsair just released their ML pro fans. They ARE stupid expensive but they also work very well and are actually noticeably quiet than most fans (compared by me i compared it to phanteks fans and silentwings 2) 

CPU: Delided Intel Core i7-6700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG MAXIMUS VIII HERO ALPHA | RAM: G.Skill Trident Z 16 GB (3600/15-15-15-35) |GPU: Asus GeForce GTX 1070 8GB STRIX | Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Dark TG | Primary SSD: Samsung 950 Pro Series 512GB (OS/Games/Programs) / Seagate 5 TB External Hard Drive (Media) | PSU: SeaSonic Prime 650W | Cooling: be quiet! Dark Rock 4 + 4x Corsair ML140 Pro LED Red + 1x Corsair ML120 Pro LED Red

Currently the best radiator fans do appear to be the Corsair ML140s, though they don't come cheap. And you must use them PWM, not DC controlled.

On 9/6/2016 at 11:31 AM, shibbs said:

I will verify that the 140mm Noctuas aren't all they're cracked up to be. I bought into all the hype here. Wish I hadn't. (Still no ragrets on buying the LTT Edition fans, though!)

I just replaced mine with the Phanteks PH-F140MP and they're WORLDS better at pushing through my 45mm radiators. The Noctuas worked, but needed to be at fairly high RPMs (and therefore noise) to make decent airflow. They might be fine for low FPI 30mm rads, but not my HardwareLabs 45mm.

I run the Phanteks PH-F140MP at 70% or less, and they're nearly silent at anything under 80% in my Fractal R5.  

Try the NF-A14 IPPC3000 they spin at 3000RPM vs. the LTT edition (standard) NF-A14's 1500RPM.

In search of the future, new tech, and exploring the universe! All under the cover of anonymity!

13 minutes ago, carsonwen said:

Currently the best radiator fans do appear to be the Corsair ML140s, though they don't come cheap. And you must use them PWM, not DC controlled.

EKWB's Vardar series spins faster (3000 RPM), have more static pressure, and a better design, they are currently the best.

In search of the future, new tech, and exploring the universe! All under the cover of anonymity!

11 hours ago, Wh0_Am_1 said:

Try the NF-A14 IPPC3000 they spin at 3000RPM vs. the LTT edition (standard) NF-A14's 1500RPM.

The last thing I want is a jet engine in my case.

I have the 2000RPM industrials, too (ordered the same time as the LTT edition fans) just as a failsafe if the temps get ridiculous they'll go full throttle. They have TONS of airflow....at the maximum RPM which I can hear in the hallway of my apartment when my PC is behind 2 oak doors. That's not acceptable to me.

4 hours ago, shibbs said:

The last thing I want is a jet engine in my case.

I have the 2000RPM industrials, too (ordered the same time as the LTT edition fans) just as a failsafe if the temps get ridiculous they'll go full throttle. They have TONS of airflow....at the maximum RPM which I can hear in the hallway of my apartment when my PC is behind 2 oak doors. That's not acceptable to me.

Well on the upside Noctua will hopefully soon be releasing their replacements they announced at Computex. 

I'm happy with my Noctua iPPC 2000RPM PWM fans with my 280mm radiator (Cryorig A80)

Very quiet up until 800 RPM, then they will become audible in quiet rooms. I run mine at only 20-40% speed but they never reach 40% because my temps are so low.