New Razer Blade or MacBook Pro

rf9661
4 hours ago, djdwosk97 said:

The hardware is top-range and the storage is the same as literallyt eveyr other ultrabook on the market* 

/I'm assuming the Macs are running Skylake since they're still running Haswell, which makes a lot of these points invalid against Skylake competitors. and I'm also ignoring the single port Macbook.

CPU: Just as good as the competition 

GPU:

The only weakness that Macs have is in terms of GPU performance. The 13" rMBP (with Iris graphics) is better than most other 13" ultrabooks, which are running HD540. 

The 15" rMBP (with Iris Pro) is better than probably about half of 15" ultrabooks (that are running HD540~) and worse than the other half that are running a 960m/1060m. 

SSD: They basicallty all use equally good SSDs (although the Mac isn't using NVME yet, but it probably will be)

Display: Just as good -- 4k is useless on such small screens due to scaling issues 

Keyboard/Trackpad: Better than most

Build: At least as good as the competition 

Hey! 

By the way, we're talking about the MacBook Pro, has multiple ports. If Apple releases a new MacBook Pro before Christmas or mid-March, I'll be going with the MacBook Pro. Just waiting on a MacBook Pro refresh to then be able to compare the rMBP to the Razer Blade. 

Just chiming in to give you a tip and that's to pick up that 3 year warranty thing Apple have if you go with their laptops. I've had very bad luck with the GPUs in their laptops and something like that can save you heaps as their "repair" process is pretty expensive if you're not covered. ;_; 

If the current (soon to be superseded) models appear to be plenty then you could save some money and get a clearance model after the upcoming ones are released, something I did when I got mine ages ago which saved me heaps. Depends on what you need though but it's another thing to consider. You can still get  that 3 year warranty thing with a purchase like that too. Authorised Apple Retailers should be able to do that for you, and should offer clearance deals if you want to go down that path.

Also might want to consider a monitor to plug the laptop into as if you want to run games at a display's native resolution, you'll be working the laptop a lot harder on its high dpi display, as opposed to a regular 1080p monitor. 

5 hours ago, FoxyOrange said:

Just chiming in to give you a tip and that's to pick up that 3 year warranty thing Apple have if you go with their laptops. I've had very bad luck with the GPUs in their laptops and something like that can save you heaps as their "repair" process is pretty expensive if you're not covered. ;_;

Also might want to consider a monitor to plug the laptop into as if you want to run games at a display's native resolution, you'll be working the laptop a lot harder on its high dpi display, as opposed to a regular 1080p monitor. 

I would actually suggest the opposite. Most issues that you're likely to have are going to be accident related, happen during the first year, or happen after three years. 

Also, if you try to run a game at the display's native resolution, it will run at 1920x1200, not 2880x1800 (for the 15" model), I'm not sure what the 13" model scales too. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.