Mini DP to VGA adapter issues

Zaptecc

So I recently picked up this adapter on Amazon: https://amzn.com/B00Z08KW8C to use with my MacBook Air that I received for school use, I did not purchase it. Just wanted to make that clear. #pcmasterrace Anyways, I hooked it up to my HP monitor, model W2371d to be exact, and I noticed that the max resolution was 1024x1280. This is a 1080p monitor, and I know that for sure, as I have been using it with my desktop(s) on that resolution for years. I did some quick googling and found out that if you hold the option key when pressing the scaled option for resolution in system preferences, it shows all the possible resolutions, so that's what I did. 1080p showed up, and I got excited, but I clicked it and noticed that the image was severely offset to the right. It's almost unuseable, even after changing the monitor's settings to push the image as far as it goes to the left. I would really like to use this monitor, and I would like this adapter to work because of the $8 + shipping I paid. (I know, I'm cheap)

PC Specs:

AMD Ryzen 5 2600X, Scythe Fuma 2, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, 2x16GB G.Skill TridentZ Neo DDR4-3600, WD Black 500GB NVME SSD, 2TB WD Green HDD, ASUS ROG STRIX X570-I GAMING, SilverStone SX700-G, Cooler Master NR200P

Designed for Windows Vista

1080p only describes the horizontal resolution.  Check what resolutions/refresh rates the monitor supports via googling the model number, and then see what your pushing to it.  Go from there.

"There is probably a special circle of Hell reserved for people who force software into a role it was never designed for."
- Radium_Angel

I'd check the display options on the MacBook to see if there's any options for things like "sync polarity" etc.

A sieve may not hold water, but it will hold another sieve.

i5-6600, 16Gigs, ITX Corsair 250D, R9 390, 120Gig M.2 boot, 500Gig SATA SSD, no HDD

3 hours ago, Bigun said:

1080p only describes the horizontal resolution.  Check what resolutions/refresh rates the monitor supports via googling the model number, and then see what your pushing to it.  Go from there.

I probably should've specified, it did say 1920x1080, not just 1080p. The display also shows that it's displaying 1080p when I use my desktop.

PC Specs:

AMD Ryzen 5 2600X, Scythe Fuma 2, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, 2x16GB G.Skill TridentZ Neo DDR4-3600, WD Black 500GB NVME SSD, 2TB WD Green HDD, ASUS ROG STRIX X570-I GAMING, SilverStone SX700-G, Cooler Master NR200P

Designed for Windows Vista