Define R5 LED light too bright

CyberWarrior

The blue LED light on Define R5 is too bright for me. Where can I buy red LED light with cable for Define R5? Something like these (post 2). Ebay maybe?

if you have a bit of handyman skills, just make an extension lead for the power LED cable with a 1K resistor in it.

or well.. maybe buy a few 1K resistors, more resistors in series: less light, more resistors in parallel: more light.

Can you link me that on ebay? That would be an option 1. Option 2 - I have red light on keyboard and a mouse, and I want that on case too:)

4 minutes ago, CyberWarrior said:

Can you link me that on ebay? That would be an option 1. Option 2 - I have red light on keyboard and a mouse, and I want that on case too:)

Depending on the size of LED you require you can get replacements like theses or as mentioned cut out and replace the original with a red LED.

http://www.performance-pcs.com/led-pre-wired-with-connectors-3mm-red.html

Yeah the R4 also has a little bit of an issue with the LED it's insanely bright.

23 hours ago, W-L said:

Depending on the size of LED you require you can get replacements like theses or as mentioned cut out and replace the original with a red LED.

http://www.performance-pcs.com/led-pre-wired-with-connectors-3mm-red.html

That store has high shipping cost for my country. Can you recommend something from ebay? Is this good? Are there any prewired resistor to buy on ebay?

39 minutes ago, CyberWarrior said:

That store has high shipping cost for my country. Can you recommend something from ebay? Is this good? Are there any prewired resistor to buy on ebay?

That would work as long as that 2 pin molex doesn't get in the way, ones like theses would also be good, you shouldn't need a resistor as the front panel power is current limited.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pre-Wired-5mm-Red-LED-HDD-Power-Cable-w-2-Pin-PC-Computer-Kabel-Leuchtdiode-Rot-/281920602814?hash=item41a3c702be:g:obwAAOSw--1WqK8~

Are you sure I will not need resistor? Will that red led be bright as current blue?

14 minutes ago, CyberWarrior said:

Are you sure I will not need resistor? Will that red led be bright as current blue?

Oh if you want it to be very dim instead then yes putting a resistor would be a good idea. 

13 minutes ago, CyberWarrior said:

Are there any prewired resistor on ebay? Plug and play :)

Not really as you will nee a specific value of resistor for your application to drop the voltage to say around 2.0 volts which should keep it fairly dim. So you will need to solder it inline. 

Hmm, that would be a problem. Will it work without resistor on normal voltage, red led? I am noob to this area, sorry for lot of questions.

6 minutes ago, CyberWarrior said:

Hmm, that would be a problem. Will it work without resistor on normal voltage, red led? I am noob to this area, sorry for lot of questions.

Being a red LED as they have a lower fwd voltage usually around 2.0-2.2V than say blue or white colors which are around 3.0-3.3v, so you will need a resistor or the LED will most likely burn out pushing pushed that hard.