Jagged Shadows,Pop in,Low LOD and jagged aa

Message added by WkdPaul,

Please stay civil and respectful, any violations of the Community Standards will be met with appropriate sanctions against your account.

I sent this video to Ubisoft support ticket. They said this is the normal graphic of the game...but that they will forward my ticket to the Far Cry 5 team for further investigations.

8 minutes ago, hellgatsu said:

I sent this video to Ubisoft support ticket. They said this is the normal graphic of the game...but that they will forward my ticket to the Far Cry 5 team for further investigations.

It seems to me that the point here is that on their computers they do not see this problem.

I understand that it sounds strange, but it seems to me that this is only visible to those who have encountered this problem. I well remember the graphics of Far Cry 5 and what is shown in the video far from the truth.

What if this is a TV/Monitor heating problem?

18 minutes ago, Sanspooky said:

What if this is a TV/Monitor heating problem?

But here they write that they tried different monitors and TV.

3 hours ago, Alastor_Pride said:

But here they write that they tried different monitors and TV.

100% not monitor or tv problem becouse it happens on laptops too

6 hours ago, HieiHUN said:

100% not monitor or tv problem becouse it happens on laptops too

Can 100% confirm this. It happens on my 1440p 75hz monitor and on my old FHD 60hz monitor. Doesn't have to do with resolutions, freesync and nothing like that.

I am from Russia and we have people on a similar forum on social networks who claim that other computers have this problem after connecting monitors and, possibly, other peripherals (keyboards, for example) to them.

Therefore, I propose an experiment: if it is possible to find an old unnecessary computer or laptop and connect your monitor or other peripherals to it not at home and look at the problem before and after.

I think that with this action we will at least determine the theory.

Start criticizing 😃

7 hours ago, Alastor_Pride said:

I am from Russia and we have people on a similar forum on social networks who claim that other computers have this problem after connecting monitors and, possibly, other peripherals (keyboards, for example) to them.

Therefore, I propose an experiment: if it is possible to find an old unnecessary computer or laptop and connect your monitor or other peripherals to it not at home and look at the problem before and after.

I think that with this action we will at least determine the theory.

Start criticizing 😃

I will try this. But I still think that it is some kind of drivers issue.

Investigating my GPU drivers logs, I found this error every time I reinstall the GPU drivers
It says that the device didn't start, even if I can fully use every feature of the AMD drivers. 

Does anybody know if this is normal or could be some kind of error related to our problem?
.1324049913_Annotazione2020-06-04161103.jpg.f7c3b9a2a834f80a0c0b97eb7efabbec.jpg

Googled the error code. Basically means anything, from faulty hardware to registery errors...

Hello guys I have a theory. When CPU draws large amount of power it affects the graphics. So the problem could be a sudden spike in the CPU usage occurring again and again at random. So if you use a fairly poor PSU like 200 w or something , then your pc will restart at every little thing you do like even opening a browser. So if you have such low wattage PSU and then you can turn on windows fine and it stays stable until you do something like opening browser and opening YouTube etc and it restarts , then the problem is high CPU usage and CPU spiking. Or another way to try if this is the issue is to get a very powerful PSU like 1500 to 2000 w , and run your games and if the problems are gone then that will also prove high CPU usage and CPU spiking problem. But the problem is that you can't find 200w or 2000w PSU, so if anyone is expert enough to create such custom wattage PSU, then they can try this theory out. Another possible way is to build a very energy efficient system and plug it in with most powerful PSU available in the market and then check if the issues are gone. If anyone here or your friends have such kind of setup then try to see if the problem are still there. Just a theory, cannot guarantee anything will happen so I don't recommend spending money but if such system setups are around you then you can check if there are these issues or not.

2 hours ago, rajl said:

Hello guys I have a theory. When CPU draws large amount of power it affects the graphics. So the problem could be a sudden spike in the CPU usage occurring again and again at random. So if you use a fairly poor PSU like 200 w or something , then your pc will restart at every little thing you do like even opening a browser. So if you have such low wattage PSU and then you can turn on windows fine and it stays stable until you do something like opening browser and opening YouTube etc and it restarts , then the problem is high CPU usage and CPU spiking. Or another way to try if this is the issue is to get a very powerful PSU like 1500 to 2000 w , and run your games and if the problems are gone then that will also prove high CPU usage and CPU spiking problem. But the problem is that you can't find 200w or 2000w PSU, so if anyone is expert enough to create such custom wattage PSU, then they can try this theory out. Another possible way is to build a very energy efficient system and plug it in with most powerful PSU available in the market and then check if the issues are gone. If anyone here or your friends have such kind of setup then try to see if the problem are still there. Just a theory, cannot guarantee anything will happen so I don't recommend spending money but if such system setups are around you then you can check if there are these issues or not.

I can just repeat myself what about laptops and other devices with aliasing...  errors.Ofc if the computer restarts it can be overheat or low power but still dont need 2000w psu to a budget build.  U cant buy 2000w psu to the laptop. Many people already changed their psu and still has the aliasing jagged edges....We should not mix our problem with others like random restarts... My computer works totally fine but has this aliasing problem i see those moving white lines at the edges and they vibrates when moving, grass also looks weird in some games when moving camera and... But never restarts itself becouse of low power or overheat or something else. 

On 6/5/2020 at 12:27 PM, HieiHUN said:

I can just repeat myself what about laptops and other devices with aliasing...  errors.Ofc if the computer restarts it can be overheat or low power but still dont need 2000w psu to a budget build.  U cant buy 2000w psu to the laptop. Many people already changed their psu and still has the aliasing jagged edges....We should not mix our problem with others like random restarts... My computer works totally fine but has this aliasing problem i see those moving white lines at the edges and they vibrates when moving, grass also looks weird in some games when moving camera and... But never restarts itself becouse of low power or overheat or something else. 

Okay then perhaps it's not related to power or CPU usage.

my brother have bought a laptop today  and i can confirm that his laptop doesn't have the issue !!

Although my father's laptop and my pc have it ....

i think windows 10 is the issue because my pc and my father's laptop have win10

but my brother's Laptop has win8

36 minutes ago, ixDriger said:

my brother have bought a laptop today  and i can confirm that his laptop doesn't have the issue !!

Does your brother live in the same house with you?

Monitor your laptop for a few days

and don’t connect devices that were previously connected to your computer and your father’s laptop to it.

34 minutes ago, Alastor_Pride said:

and don’t connect devices that were previously connected to your computer and your father’s laptop to it.

yes the same house

35 minutes ago, Alastor_Pride said:

ok

I have a question. Has anyone ever tried a bios update?

8 hours ago, Jarnoo said:

I have a question. Has anyone ever tried a bios update?

Yes and many people tried new motherboard  or new pc too. 

12 hours ago, ixDriger said:

Video! Please take recordings. Lots of them. With your phone, with internal softwares. Record with all possible combinations. Try to pick problematic places in games. 

This topic needs more material to see and judge correctly. Otherwise, everything is just words with no evidence. 

Guys, I have been affected by this same mysterious issue. I have gone through every page of this thread (Yes all 139 pages) and tried various fixes that worked for some people, like resetting CMOS, moving to different outlet, reinstalling the drivers, Nvdia Control panel etc.

It started after I installed GTA 5 from EPIC Game store, as you know it was free there few days ago, everything was fine for few days with GTA 5, I generally crank my graphics up before starting any New game campaign and if the performance is not satisfactory I work my way down with graphics settings to get the desired FPS.

So I started GTA 5 with everything maxed out and everything was crystal clear and I was amazed how good this game looks. However I was having few frames dips around the vegetation and where there is a lot of grass. Hence I thought lowering few settings down would be a good idea. I lowered the MSAA to X2 with FXAA ON and TXAA ON. (Earlier MSAA was at X8 with FXAA ON and TXAA was unconfigurable and was off). Everything went downhill after that. A lot of shimmering, jagged edges and everything you guys have been discussing here over 139 pages. I obviously turned all my settings to as they were before but that didn't fixed anything.

More-ever this has now been happening to all my games ever since and I'm desperately looking for a solution or at least wanted to know what is causing this.

Over 100's of pages I think it's not hardware related.

2 hours ago, sanz1112 said:

Guys, I have been affected by this same mysterious issue. I have gone through every page of this thread (Yes all 139 pages) and tried various fixes that worked for some people, like resetting CMOS, moving to different outlet, reinstalling the drivers, Nvdia Control panel etc.

It started after I installed GTA 5 from EPIC Game store, as you know it was free there few days ago, everything was fine for few days with GTA 5, I generally crank my graphics up before starting any New game campaign and if the performance is not satisfactory I work my way down with graphics settings to get the desired FPS.

So I started GTA 5 with everything maxed out and everything was crystal clear and I was amazed how good this game looks. However I was having few frames dips around the vegetation and where there is a lot of grass. Hence I thought lowering few settings down would be a good idea. I lowered the MSAA to X2 with FXAA ON and TXAA ON. (Earlier MSAA was at X8 with FXAA ON and TXAA was unconfigurable and was off). Everything went downhill after that. A lot of shimmering, jagged edges and everything you guys have been discussing here over 139 pages. I obviously turned all my settings to as they were before but that didn't fixed anything.

More-ever this has now been happening to all my games ever since and I'm desperately looking for a solution or at least wanted to know what is causing this.

Over 100's of pages I think it's not hardware related.

Dude, it started for me with GTA 5 Epic Games as well. That's why at first I was thinking (and I still think in some degree) that is related to some kind of driver that come installed with GTA or some other games, or some windows update related. You know, visual c++, microsoft frameworks and stuff like that. I also say this I'm 99% sure that I haven't those windows drivers before installing GTA 5

6 hours ago, hellgatsu said:

Dude, it started for me with GTA 5 Epic Games as well. That's why at first I was thinking (and I still think in some degree) that is related to some kind of driver that come installed with GTA or some other games, or some windows update related. You know, visual c++, microsoft frameworks and stuff like that. I also say this I'm 99% sure that I haven't those windows drivers before installing GTA 5

Was it a mess for you from the very beginning ? For me GTA 5 worked perfectly gorgeous for few days until I messed around with the settings and ever since all my games are now beyond you would say playable. I never started the new game campaign with TXAA ON and all went well for few days until I did. I think when for the first time I turned on TXAA something happened. I don't know what but this is what I think. BTW which GPU do you have. I have RTX 2070.

I have RTX 2060 Super but i heard it happens on amd and on non RTX card too?

Holy shit, this issue still hasn't been resolved. A week or 2 ago, i upgraded my gtx 960 to a gtx 1660 Super, and i started having this small grafical flickering on some games like fortnite & gta. Someone suggested that it may be my power supply, that it cant provide enough power. So i upgraded my power supply and here i am today. It is still flickering and it annoys the fucking shit out of me. Please someone find a solution. 

I7 4790l

GTX 1660S

2 x 4 RAM, 1 x 8 ram

Hello everyone, I hope you are well.

I will briefly tell you about my case, sorry for the bad English

first of all I have a pc that before improving it had 8gb of ram ddr3, a sapphire 7790 of 1gb ddr5 and an i5 4430 with those components everything was fine. I decided to improve my pc and I started buying an asrock rx 570, all good so far, I changed the paste to the processor and added a few coolers, then after selling the old graphics card I bought another 8gb of ram, but before that everything it was still good as far as the graphics, I installed the ram and everything was perfect for about a week, everything started with gta 5 with the rendering of the shadows and all the problem of the lod, I have done everything they suggest since restarting the factory bios , reinstall drivers and everything you can imagine, I have read many threads without conclusion and from ten years ago ... I finally wonder when we can discover the origin of this problem that in my case did not occur with my old components, since I I improved everything changed.