Extremely slow YouTube

Penny5837
8 minutes ago, peterino55 said:

During the day, around 4-6pm YouTube buffers, and can barely hold 480p. I have gigabit, I shouldn't be having this problem, any ideas? http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/5508724830  

I assume it's that everybody and their brother is hoping on youtube at this time. You don't have problems at other times, right?

Just now, MightyMic said:

I assume it's that everybody and their brother is hoping on youtube at this time. You don't have problems at other times, right?

Correct. When on a VPN it has no issues

I've been having the same problems sometimes. its really annoying. I could watch 4 4k streams simultaneously fine, but Youtube automatically makes it 240p!!! thats stupid.

Yet when I run a speed test I get my full 90Mbps

2 minutes ago, peterino55 said:

where is the vpn located? it might be throttling, but since you have no issues at other times, it sounds like the servers are just overloaded. the vpn would redirect you to somewhere else where the servers are probably under a lot less load

Altair - Firestrike: http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/13945459

CPU:  i7-4790 @ 3.6 GHz Motherboard: Gigabyte B85M-DS3H-A RAM: 16GB @ 1600MHz CL11 GPU: XFX RX 470 RS Storage: ADATA SP550 240GB | WD Blue 1TB | Toshiba 2TB PSU: EVGA B2 750W Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro Fans: Phanteks PH-F200SP (Front) | Phanteks PH-F140SP (Rear) | Noctua NF-A15 (Top)

Mouse: Logitech G502 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 MX Brown | Audio: Sennheiser HD 558

3 minutes ago, peterino55 said:

You ISP is probably limiting youtube at this time to allow other users to access the rest of the internet... at least that's how they'd say it.

1 minute ago, DrM said:

where is the vpn located? it might be throttling, but since you have no issues at other times, it sounds like the servers are just overloaded. the vpn would redirect you to somewhere else where the servers are probably under a lot less load

Its in New York

3 minutes ago, peterino55 said:

Worked Great <3 Thanks

No problemo.