Phillips x2 vs akg k7xx?

My main concern is comfort because I wear my headphones for like 4-5 hours at a time when I'm doing homework. 

18 hours ago, Dackzy said:

you see there is no such thing as the "best headphones", it all comes down to what sound signature you like.

I like edm and house as well as some like pop radio music but I also listen to some instrumental (occasionally) but mainly edm. I game and watch a lot  videos, I don't have like any experience with any headphones all I have is the hyperx cloud 2. Music is my main priority though, and yeah mainly edm. I play csgo sometimes but mainly rocket league and you really don't even need audio for rocket league, I just listen to music when I play games so. what should I do? Comfort wise what's your favorite?

19 hours ago, Dackzy said:

you see there is no such thing as the "best headphones", it all comes down to what sound signature you like.

Im still stuck between the x2 or the k7xx

3 hours ago, Rosa said:

Im still stuck between the x2 or the k7xx

You seem to like music that has somewhat of a focus on bass. Therefore, you should get the X2. It's the more exciting headphone to listen to. I've listened to many headphones over the past few years (including headphone setups costing many thousands of dollars, as well as owning a pair of CIEMs that cost me over $1,000 not that that really counts for anything.)

Anyway, I listened to the K7XX and I was really not impressed. They didn't really have any bass compared to all the other headphones that I listened to, and I just didn't like the sound that much. (Hell, I thought that the HD800 sounded better than the K7XX in the bass department, and that's kinda saying something.)

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

13 hours ago, KaminKevCrew said:

You seem to like music that has somewhat of a focus on bass. Therefore, you should get the X2. It's the more exciting headphone to listen to. I've listened to many headphones over the past few years (including headphone setups costing many thousands of dollars, as well as owning a pair of CIEMs that cost me over $1,000 not that that really counts for anything.)

Anyway, I listened to the K7XX and I was really not impressed. They didn't really have any bass compared to all the other headphones that I listened to, and I just didn't like the sound that much. (Hell, I thought that the HD800 sounded better than the K7XX in the bass department, and that's kinda saying something.)

Are there x2s too heavy if you have them on for like 5 hours at a time? The only appeal to the k7xx that's holding me back from buying the x2s are their weight.

14 hours ago, KaminKevCrew said:

So after looking at the music I listen to in more depth, I don't even know f bass is there because my headphones are so bad the sound is distorted. The music I listen to I guess is still edm but it focuses on vocals and some instruments. I do like soundstage and I would like a lighter headset because I have some neck issues and don't want to put too much pressure on my head... idk I'm stuck again with what I wanna buy and I have Iike 10 hours to decide if I'm buying the k7xx or going with the x2

1 hour ago, Rosa said:

So after looking at the music I listen to in more depth, I don't even know f bass is there because my headphones are so bad the sound is distorted. The music I listen to I guess is still edm but it focuses on vocals and some instruments. I do like soundstage and I would like a lighter headset because I have some neck issues and don't want to put too much pressure on my head... idk I'm stuck again with what I wanna buy and I have Iike 10 hours to decide if I'm buying the k7xx or going with the x2

X2 should be pretty likable regardless. I would go with it over the K7XX.

10 hours ago, Rosa said:

Are there x2s too heavy if you have them on for like 5 hours at a time? The only appeal to the k7xx that's holding me back from buying the x2s are their weight.

No. The X2s are really not a very heavy headphone. Really, you won't need to be worried about weight until you get into planar magnetic territory.

9 hours ago, Rosa said:

Just get the X2. You'll probably find the K7XX too cold, and uninspiring to listen to.

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

2 hours ago, KaminKevCrew said:

No. The X2s are really not a very heavy headphone. Really, you won't need to be worried about weight until you get into planar magnetic territory.

HE-560 is 5 grams lighter :D

3 hours ago, SSL said:

for real?

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

3 hours ago, Dackzy said:

for real?

According to the spec sheets for both. Hifiman really cut the fat down with the single-sided drivers.

Just now, SSL said:

According to the spec sheets for both. Hifiman really cut the fat down with the single-sided drivers.

huh, I just never thought that the x2 were that "heavy"

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

On 7/19/2016 at 0:32 AM, SSL said:

Interesting. That being said, I didn't think that my HE-500 were that heavy either...

Hey! New SIgnature! 

53 minutes ago, KaminKevCrew said:

Interesting. That being said, I didn't think that my HE-500 were that heavy either...

well the headband on the HE 560 is also really good and wide...

10 hours ago, Dackzy said:

well the headband on the HE 560 is also really good and wide...

Yeah, but I had the HE-500. You know, the heavy ones with the old style headband? Yeah, those aren't really light, but I never had any comfort issues with those.

Hey! New SIgnature! 

1 minute ago, KaminKevCrew said:

Yeah, but I had the HE-500. You know, the heavy ones with the old style headband? Yeah, those aren't really light, but I never had any comfort issues with those.

Yeah the old ones are heavy.

I like the K7XX's A LOT. I listen to mainly EDM like trap, house, electro, breaks, uk garage, hardstyle, trance, harddance, etc.. and I find them to be more the efficient for my needs. I also game a lot so being able to hear people's footsteps and figure out where they are from that is important to me and my K7XX's don;t even let me down. I haven't tried the X2's but from what I've heard the K7XX's have a bit more bass and better more emphasized low end bass, thats not to say that the X2 is lacking at all though either on the contrary its supposed to have decent low end as well. The trade off is that I think the X2's have more soundstage though and the X2's are BoomPro Mic compatible if thats a concern at all for you. Both are supposed to be comfy, I haven't tried the X2s but I can wear my K7XX's for 12+ hours with absolutely no problems. In summer the pads get a little warm after I've been wearing them for hours but if I pop them off for a couple mins every hour or so they're fine. I have to pretty much do this anyways to refill on coffee and bio/smokes breaks while gaming anyways lol.  Hope this helps =D

CPU: Intel i7-6700k | Motherboard: Asus Z170 Pro Gaming Aura | RAM: G.Skillz Ripjaws V Series 32GB DDR4 3200 (4 x 8GB) | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW Edition | Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 1TB SSD + Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD | PSU: EVGA Supernova P2 750W | Cooling: NZXT Kraken X62 | Case Fans: NZXT Aer RGB 120mm x 3 + NZXT Aer RGB 140mm | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv TG Edition | Lights: NZXT Hue+ | Monitor: Asus ROG Swift PG279Q | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB LUX Mouse: Zowie EC2-A | DAC/AMP: Schiit Magni Uber + Schiit Modi Uber | Headphones: Sennhesier HD598 SE + Fostex T50RP Mk3 w/ Mayflower Mods | Mic: Antlion ModMic 5.0 | OS: Windows 10