LG PF1000U Ultra Short Throw Projector Giveaway

Hi There took the time to create a account here and on twitter just for this competition :+)

had a quick look at the specs and i was wondering if 1000 lumen is not a bit on the low side.

Anywayz this product looks like a potential replacement of my current 60" LG plasma screen.

Either put the screen to my bedroom or give it to a family member :)

Other thing that would be nice if it was able to support 4K maybe a bit to much especially for the price range but still.

the last thing i am wondering about i still have the idea that beamers make a noise. i could not find the noise this thing is creating. is it passive cooled maybe?

It looks like a lot of fun to use...not much else to say

I think that that projector would go well with any jome setup ?

This projector is absolutely incredible. 

I cant think of any situation it wouldn't work for. 

LG really stepping it up with their products as of late!

It's always nice to see the effort put into your videos. The tech you show is always cool and different. It's what makes the show great. 

I think this projector would be awesome not only for home but also to a party at a friend's house or even a LAN party. :D

Projector looks nice and slim which are nice. being portable is great also.

This projector is great for its size. It's able to project that big of an image from just a few inches away from the wall without being too big.

These are the key points that I would focus on regarding the projector...

1. Portable and Ultra Short Throw (UST)
  2. Full HD
  3. DLP
  4. max 1,000 lumens
  5. Screen Sharing (Android)

My usage scenarios are presentations, movie screenings and maybe gaming... I don't see using this projector just by myself. Since I'd rather just use my laptop/desktop if that's the case. Instead since I'm moving to a newly renovated dorm next year I would rather host movie screening with my mates then. Having a projector as a go to source would be an excellent choice. 

Considering I'm currently living in Japan, there aren't many expansive areas so I consider the 1st point as a positive thing. The areas that I frequent, co-working areas, dorms and the like its important to not have a permanent fixture. Having it UST is great in that regard as I can have a compact gathering.  

I see Full HD as a minimum nowadays. Sure showing presentations on a WXGA res projector for instance is "good enough". However I'd love to have movies at a higher resolution whenever possible.

DLP... not a person notice rainbows. From Linus' video, it didn't seem like there were rainbows. 

The 4th point... is a big factor. Luckily for most places that I can officially use a projector has a higher lumen than LG's and I'm in position to freely use them. ie. libraries and offices. Truth to be told, 1000 lumens is not at all bright. Considering the other points I don't see it as a limiting projector. 

There were comments on LG's site that there were not enough apps and such. For me as long as I can connect my phone as a minimum I can just stream it from there. 

It'd be great if I can win one!

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | AsRock B450M-Pro4 | Zotac GTX 3070 Ti

Shure SRH840A | Sennheiser Momentum 2 AEBT | LG C9 55"

4 hours ago, CPotter said:

To coincide with tonight's video release, LG has given us two units of their PF1000U Short Throw Projectors to giveaway! This will be a worldwide giveaway with no age restrictions, see below for entry details.

PF1000U

Purchase Link: http://bit.ly/29tAdg7

To enter the giveaway:

1. Comment below, tell us your thoughts about the PF1000U projector.

2. Go say hello and give LG a follow over on Twitter: https://twitter.com/LGUS

*Entries close on 7/16/2016. 

The winner will be announced randomly, and you'll see their names edited into the bottom of this post. I will also DM the winners, and they'll have 72 hours to respond.

Thanks Everyone! :) Good Luck!

Most cool looking and very compact projector awesome display

Well why not i know chances are like .1% but who dosent try dosent get a chance to win. :)

This thing is really cool. I want to buy one now, but it's a bit pricey so winning one would be freakin awesome. Good luck everyone.

It looks incredible fun to,play games on, now all I need is a screen to project it onto!

This looks promising for art video installations!

From a business point this looks great for conferencing, placing the projector on the table without it taking up the whole table. on a consumer note it would be like having a portable cinema in your bag and of course a great way to do some awesome gaming in some epic locations. But like Linus said in the video, best to have external speakers!

Mind blown, Small form projector with such amazing feature.  Has to be the best option for a  movie night projected on the side of the garage wall.  Love it

So close to the wall and so big image? MUCH WOW! 

ASUS Maximus VII Hero | i7 4790K OC 4.8GHZ | 4x8GB 2400MHz MSI GTX 1070 alphacool eiswolf gpx pro
Samsung 850 EVO 520GB + Corsair 525gb + 275gb SSD  2TB Seagate Barracuda | 8TB Seagate Archive

Cooler Master HAF-X 942 | EVGA Supernova 1000W 80+ Platinum | Custom watercooling loop (gpu+cpu)

360mm+180mm rad and 10 fans | Swiftech D5 mcp655-B

Really sweet looking projector. I would love to do quick and easy split screen gaming with this. Looks like a blast.

Such a cool piece of tech, the LEGO games on local play would be so cool and stuff like GTA would be equally awesome cause it would enable a much more immersive experience. Would be amazing to win one not gonna lie.

Looks awesome, I've never seen a projector like this

4 hours ago, CPotter said:

To coincide with tonight's video release, LG has given us two units of their PF1000U Short Throw Projectors to giveaway! This will be a worldwide giveaway with no age restrictions, see below for entry details.

PF1000U

Purchase Link: http://bit.ly/29tAdg7

To enter the giveaway:

1. Comment below, tell us your thoughts about the PF1000U projector.

2. Go say hello and give LG a follow over on Twitter: https://twitter.com/LGUS

*Entries close on 7/16/2016. 

The winner will be announced randomly, and you'll see their names edited into the bottom of this post. I will also DM the winners, and they'll have 72 hours to respond.

Thanks Everyone! :) Good Luck!

Sweet. 

I need this projector when I throw backyard party's lol. Nothing says cool like a projector and some smash.