GTX 1060 Price leaked (?)

Megazero
5 minutes ago, M.Yurizaki said:

I'm having a bit of a hard time believing it'll perform the same as a GTX 980 as NVIDIA is claiming... but if it does perform that well, whoo boy.

Why? The if the 1070 do reach the Titan X-980Ti level then it make sense that the 1060 can reach 980 level right? After all the 980Ti leave the 980 behind quite a bit

My rig: Intel Core i7 4790k | MSI Z97 PC Mate | GSKILL Ripjaws X 16GB 1866MHz | ADATA Premier SP550 480GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB | Seagate Barracuda 2TB  | MSI Gaming X GTX 1070 | Thermaltake Versa N21 | Corsair CX550M Semi Modular PSU | AOC G2460PF 144Hz | Logitech G502 | GSKILL Ripjaws KM780  | GAMDIAS HEPHAESTUS V2  PCPartPicker | Old Build Log | New Build Log

1 minute ago, Biggerboot said:

It's actually on par for what I expected.  The 1070 = 980 ti (2 tier gap for the gen).  In fact, the RX 480 gives slightly more per dollar, but once you start reaching a certain price point your performance per dollar naturally goes down anyway.  Plus we don't know how it OCs.

I never really considered the Titans as something to achieve past in the next generation, because they're in a league of their own. So to me, it's surprising NVIDIA even achieved the 1080 beating out the Titan X when neither the 780 or the 980 could beat out the Titan and Titan Black respectively

2 minutes ago, Megazero said:

Why? The if the 1070 do reach the Titan X-980Ti level then it make sense that the 1060 can reach 980 level right? After all the 980Ti leave the 980 behind quite a bit

Because it has half the shaders as the GTX 980 and nothing else stands out as picking up the slack to make up the 200% difference it needs.

I never really considered the Titans as something to achieve past in the next generation, because they're in a league of their own. So to me, it's surprising NVIDIA even achieved the 1080 beating out the Titan X when neither the 780 or the 980 could beat out the Titan and Titan Black respectively

980 easily beats OG Titan and Titan Black.

CPU: Intel Core i7 7820X Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series H110i GTX Mobo: MSI X299 Gaming Pro Carbon AC RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 (3000MHz/16GB 2x8) SSD: 2x Samsung 850 Evo (250/250GB) + Samsung 850 Pro (512GB) GPU: NVidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE (W/ EVGA Hybrid Kit) Case: Corsair Graphite Series 760T (Black) PSU: SeaSonic Platinum Series (860W) Monitor: Acer Predator XB241YU (165Hz / G-Sync) Fan Controller: NZXT Sentry Mix 2 Case Fans: Intake - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Radiator - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Rear Exhaust - 1x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC-3000 PWM

True, but the die shrink from Maxwell to Pascal was bigger than average (almost half).  Not that die shrink is everything, I'm sure other things factor into the architectural gains.  After seeing the gains with the 1070/80 despite the core count, it seemed like we could expect similar gains for the rest of the family.

1 minute ago, VagabondWraith said:

980 easily beats OG Titan and Titan Black.

What surprise here is the x70 that's beat the previous Titan, not the x80 though :P They make a 2 grade jump for all the GPU

My rig: Intel Core i7 4790k | MSI Z97 PC Mate | GSKILL Ripjaws X 16GB 1866MHz | ADATA Premier SP550 480GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB | Seagate Barracuda 2TB  | MSI Gaming X GTX 1070 | Thermaltake Versa N21 | Corsair CX550M Semi Modular PSU | AOC G2460PF 144Hz | Logitech G502 | GSKILL Ripjaws KM780  | GAMDIAS HEPHAESTUS V2  PCPartPicker | Old Build Log | New Build Log

4 minutes ago, Megazero said:

What surprise here is the x70 that's beat the previous Titan, not the x80 though :P They make a 2 grade jump for all the GPU

Yeah, it is pretty nice for sure. To me though, it wasn't much of a surprise considering the node jump and all.

CPU: Intel Core i7 7820X Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series H110i GTX Mobo: MSI X299 Gaming Pro Carbon AC RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 (3000MHz/16GB 2x8) SSD: 2x Samsung 850 Evo (250/250GB) + Samsung 850 Pro (512GB) GPU: NVidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE (W/ EVGA Hybrid Kit) Case: Corsair Graphite Series 760T (Black) PSU: SeaSonic Platinum Series (860W) Monitor: Acer Predator XB241YU (165Hz / G-Sync) Fan Controller: NZXT Sentry Mix 2 Case Fans: Intake - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Radiator - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Rear Exhaust - 1x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC-3000 PWM

1 hour ago, Megazero said:

Given the way the abandon 3 and 4 ways SLI, I think they pretty much thinking "You should not SLI more than 2, and should not SLI "weak" card either" 

Actually I have to agree. Duel graphics cards is for when the fastest cards can't fill your needs. Nvidia is smart to steer their customers towards the smarter, more enjoyable set up. People don't like to be steered though. Nvidia should know better.

If anyone asks you never saw me.

5 minutes ago, App4that said:

Actually I have to agree. Duel graphics cards is for when the fastest cards can't fill your needs. Nvidia is smart to steer their customers towards the smarter, more enjoyable set up. People don't like to be steered though. Nvidia should know better.

Yeah, but since that's what they decided it seem like we will only have 2 ways SLI for now, and I have suspicion that AMD will soon follow this trend. Either way I think it's good for the consumer in the long run to not be able to make that kind of "bad decision", and we wont have to go around telling people "please stop doing 3-4 ways because you dont need it" anymore :P

7 minutes ago, Megazero said:

Yeah, but since that's what they decided it seem like we will only have 2 ways SLI for now, and I have suspicion that AMD will soon follow this trend. Either way I think it's good for the consumer in the long run to not be able to make that kind of "bad decision", and we wont have to go around telling people "please stop doing 3-4 ways because you dont need it" anymore :P

Actually you can still run the 4 way set ups, just not using the HB bridges. 

My interest in the 1060 is I have will be buying a graphics card in a month and a half. Building a HTPC. So I ether replace my card in the main rig and put its 980ti in the HTPC, or get a cheap card for the HTPC. When the price on the 970 dropped I considered it. But the VRAM limitation bothers me. But if the 1060 can hit the 250us mark with 6g of VRAM. I have to consider it. But it would also have to perform. I'm expecting OC 970 numbers which is perfect for the price point. 

2 minutes ago, App4that said:

Actually you can still run the 4 way set ups, just not using the HB bridges. 

My my interest in the 1060 is I have a will be buying a graphics card in a month and a half. Building a HTPC. So I ether replace my card in the main rig and put its 980ti in the HTPC, or get a cheap card for the HTPC. When the price on the 970 dropped I considered it. But the VRAM limitation bothers me. But if the 1060 can hit the 250us mark with 6g of VRAM. I have to consider it. But it would also have to perform. I'm expecting OC 970 numbers which is perfect for the price point. 

I think it will deliver at least OC 970/stock 980 level of performance. Nvidia seem to have learn the lesson about blowing spec and their claim about the 1070 is pretty on point (abt 1080 is still a bit too far though). Plus with that price it make sense. If it perform at 970 stock level they will price it at $200 MSRP and $250 FE to directly compete with the RX 480. 

1 minute ago, Megazero said:

I think it will deliver at least OC 970/stock 980 level of performance. Nvidia seem to have learn the lesson about blowing spec and their claim about the 1070 is pretty on point (abt 1080 is still a bit too far though). Plus with that price it make sense. If it perform at 970 stock level they will price it at $200 MSRP and $250 FE to directly compete with the RX 480. 

Lets hope. I've gotten some exposure to the FE card and I can see why there's a price difference. Not saying the price is validated, but it's not a waste ether. Beautiful card to hold in your hand, and I've held a bunch. Reminds me of my Hybrid.

4 minutes ago, App4that said:

Lets hope. I've gotten some exposure to the FE card and I can see why there's a price difference. Not saying the price is validated, but it's not a waste ether. Beautiful card to hold in your hand, and I've held a bunch. Reminds me of my Hybrid.

Its... actually still pretty unreasonable. Regardless of how it "feel" holding it it's how it actually perform that matter more, I've been pretty vocal about my dislike of the G1 1080/1070 design, but given the choice I'd still get it over the FE anytime even if it's price is higher than the FE.

Its... actually still pretty unreasonable. Regardless of how it "feel" holding it it's how it actually perform that matter more, I've been pretty vocal about my dislike of the G1 1080/1070 design, but given the choice I'd still get it over the FE anytime even if it's price is higher than the FE.

Have you used one though? It runs hot compared to other coolers but doesn't feel hot. Hard to describe. Gameplay is smooth as silk and the card offers no signs of stress. This is with the thermal level raised though. I wouldn't get a FE 1080 myself because I'm an overclocker by nature. Why I say the price isn't validated. But it is over scrutinized.

Not a fan of the bus size, I don't agree with the commentary that it won't be an issue. But still a good video.

2 minutes ago, App4that said:

Have you used one though? It runs hot compared to other coolers but doesn't feel hot. Hard to describe. Gameplay is smooth as silk and the card offers no signs of stress. This is with the thermal level raised though. I wouldn't get a FE 1080 myself because I'm an overclocker by nature. Why I say the price isn't validated. But it is over scrutinized.

Not a fan of the bus size, I don't agree with the commentary that it won't be an issue. But still a good video.

I dont have a FE in particular, but I owned a Reference 780 before, and I admitted that back then I did buy it because I like the look of it, but even then thinking about it again now I still would've choose any other AIB card than that reference one. 

In the 1080 and 1070 case, dont we have it thermal throttling?

I dont have a FE in particular, but I owned a Reference 780 before, and I admitted that back then I did buy it because I like the look of it, but even then thinking about it again now I still would've choose any other AIB card than that reference one. 

In the 1080 and 1070 case, dont we have it thermal throttling?

My buddies doesn't. If he sets everything to stock it will after 20min or so, but even then it doesn't effect the gameplay or fps in most games. After raising the fan curve and thermal limit it's all good. And the choice to set the pricing the way it is isn't because the FE is worth it. Nvidia flat out tells you it's so they don't compete with the AIB cards. The other reason I wouldn't buy a FE. But the card is still worth owning. Just silly to buy.

31 minutes ago, App4that said:

My buddies doesn't. If he sets everything to stock it will after 20min or so, but even then it doesn't effect the gameplay or fps in most games. After raising the fan curve and thermal limit it's all good. And the choice to set the pricing the way it is isn't because the FE is worth it. Nvidia flat out tells you it's so they don't compete with the AIB cards. The other reason I wouldn't buy a FE. But the card is still worth owning. Just silly to buy.

Regardless of what Nvidia say, in the end the partner will look at it and thought "Our card perform way better than that, let's price it higher than that FE" and we have our current situation. It' still silly. 

Speaking of which my GTX 1070 Gaming X run at like 58 degree max on load OCed to 2113 Mhz LOL. I achieved what Nvidia said on their paper launch!

4 minutes ago, Megazero said:

Regardless of what Nvidia say, in the end the partner will look at it and thought "Our card perform way better than that, let's price it higher than that FE" and we have our current situation. It' still silly. 

Speaking of which my GTX 1070 Gaming X run at like 58 degree max on load OCed to 2113 Mhz LOL. I achieved what Nvidia said on their paper launch!

You can't look to Nvidia as to what the board partners do, they have sovereignty. And it's working, you bought one. You like every other person on earth will do what is allowed. If you got a 5000% raise today, would you turn it down because the customers would have to pay for it? No, so don't place that burden on others. Buy, or don't buy.

On topic, look at the cooler on the 1060! We might finally have a reference cooler that works! But the NDA blackout until the 19th isn't good...

5 hours ago, Megazero said:

In my place in particular, they are all the same LOL. the ACX is out of stock so IDK, the Gaming X from MSI, the AMP! Extreme from Galax and the G1 from Gigabyte all have the same price. Due to that I end up picking the MSI due to the look

Bro... Amp cards are from Zotac. Galax makes Hall of fame cards.

???

1 minute ago, YongKang said:

Bro... Amp cards are from Zotac. Galax makes Hall of fame cards.

???

My bad, I mean Galax EXOC too. 

Not very happy that FE cost 299$. AIB gonna come in at 300$+.

I like what AIB are doing with the RX480. At least, they are pricing their cards close to the MSRP.

performance of a 980? Yeah, that's cool... It was expected but meh, the pricing gonna be awkward for awhile on the Nvidia side.

7 hours ago, Megazero said:

Look like they are LOL. 

And yeah, I dont expected any card to be at $250 at all. Maybe something like MSI Aero or ASUS Blower style one will be like $260, but most of them should be around $280 to $320

On a side note this is "old news" but it make me LOL. Some people pointing out that they are going to have some sort of Nvidia Event at Australia this month (and one is already suppose to start by now, which ppl on reddit assume it will be 1060 launch), and this is the post about that in Nvidia forum in Aus

https://anz.forums.geforce.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1426

What make me LOL is this 

There's 2 "18+ Only" events! WTF Nvidia Australia :)) 

Most events like these are 18+ only. Like Computex, it's 18+ too. They don't want immature kids running around touching stuffs, dropping things, and breaking expensive parts.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list