360mm vs 280mm radiator

Go to solution Solved by Enderman,

the 360 is slightly bigger

you will also get more performance with 3 120mm fans

a 280 however uses two 140mm fans which will usually be quieter and still perform pretty good

choose performance or silence

I'm looking at the raijintek triton 280 and 360.

My case is noctis 450 and I'm wondering if there is so much diference between the two of them? 

Do you suggest any other coolers that would perform quiet and also very well?

I think the bigger the rad the more colder it is!

MY RIG

I5 6600k

16gb Corsair vengeance 2666mhz

MSI Gaming X 1070

WD blue 2tb

samsung 850 evo 250gb

EVGA supernova G2 650w

3 minutes ago, Chewique said:

I think the bigger the rad the more colder it is!

I know 

But it also inteoduces 1 more fan which means more noise 

And I calculated the mm2 of both coolers 

3x120=43200mm2

2x140=39200mm2

The diference isn't that big.

Do you think it's still worth that much money for so little more surface?

the 360 is slightly bigger

you will also get more performance with 3 120mm fans

a 280 however uses two 140mm fans which will usually be quieter and still perform pretty good

choose performance or silence

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

would a push/pull configuration make a difference with noctua fans help your noise?

3 minutes ago, tslammer99 said:

would a push/pull configuration make a difference with noctua fans help your noise?

It'd be expensive, getting at least 4 Noctua high end PMW fans :P but it would help OP with noise and probably even performance

MSI GE72 Apache Pro-242 - (5700HQ : 970M : 16gb RAM : 17.3" : Win10 : 1TB HDD : Razer Anansi : Some mouse) - hooked up to a 34UM58-P (WFHD) in dual screen

iPad Air 2 (for school)

iPhone 6

Xbox One Forza 6 Limited Edition Blue

Are you cooling only the cpu?

If so then go for the 280mm radiator, 360mm is overkill unless you add a gpu to the loop.

I want to upgrade to add my gpu, but finding a waterblock for my cards is hard enough, so I need to wait and get the new cards and get blocks for them, unless you know a place :P

My Rig:

Dood, don't get the Raijintek AiO's. I know that they look cool, but they have 1-egg on Newegg for a reason, and that's because they suck aaaassssssssssss. Just read the reviews, almost 90% of reviewers say that their pump started leaking either right after installation, or within 6 months of purchase. Just, don't. Make an investment in the security of your system and your parts. 

Just don't.

9 minutes ago, tslammer99 said:

way more noise for barely a couple degrees difference

not worth it

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

not really, the normal stock fans have a bunch of noise compare to the noctua ones. For running 6 at 1200RPM and moving 107.5 CFM per fan with noise being 17,8 dB. That is low. The stock fans running 6 at 1400RPM and moving 51.15 CFM per fan and the noise being  28.1 dB

My Rig:

11 minutes ago, positivePXL said:

Dood, don't get the Raijintek AiO's. I know that they look cool, but they have 1-egg on Newegg for a reason, and that's because they suck aaaassssssssssss. Just read the reviews, almost 90% of reviewers say that their pump started leaking either right after installation, or within 6 months of purchase. Just, don't. Make an investment in the security of your system and your parts. 

Just don't.

Ok 

Which 280 cooler should I get then?

4 minutes ago, domini123 said:

Ok 

Which 280 cooler should I get then?

Corsair AiO's are famously reliable, but the NZXT Kraken x61 is also pretty BA as well.

Corsair are good, plus they have the link that you can monitor it through the OS you will be using.