Nvidia GTX 1070 Review

probably should have used a r9 390 to compare to the 970/1070 since it's in the same price range. the R9 380x is like $80 cheaper than a 970 and almost exactly half of a 1070 reference card. Also I absolutely refuse to name it founders edition.

how long will we wait until the partner card will be released?

1 hour ago, CUDA_Cores said:

I'm more excited for the GTX 1070 because it has much better price/performance, but that's just me.

Here here.

Put me down for two.  B|

Gtx 1070 -> Reads "brand NEW 980 ti is now worth 350~360$, and the used one you own is worth even less!"

Want to help researchers improve the lives on millions of people with just your computer? Then join World Community Grid distributed computing, and start helping the world to solve it's most difficult problems!

Ok. nVidia just got me here... Think it's time to say goodbye to my 960.

When do the non-reference cards come out?

11 minutes ago, lonewolf5460 said:

Can a fx 8320 at 4ghz handle this or the 1080?

No, the highest end an FX processor can handle within reason @ 1080p would be the R9 380 and GTX 960.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

2 minutes ago, Suika said:

No, the highest end an FX processor can handle within reason @ 1080p would be the R9 380 and GTX 960.

Ok so when I get my 1440p monitor you think I should go intel and make a new rig nvme would be nice too. I was really hoping on avoiding that but I really really want a lg curved monitor.

1 minute ago, lonewolf5460 said:

Ok so when I get my 1440p monitor you think I should go intel and make a new rig nvme would be nice too. I was really hoping on avoiding that but I really really want a lg curved monitor.

If you're going 1440p, you may be able to make better use of the GPU, but the CPU may still end up being a limiting factor in certain titles. Intel would definitely be desirable for a gaming PC, though.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

5 minutes ago, Suika said:

If you're going 1440p, you may be able to make better use of the GPU, but the CPU may still end up being a limiting factor in certain titles. Intel would definitely be desirable for a gaming PC, though.

I am thinking adding another r9 380 4gb I read that it would be just enough to handle 1440p with out me dropping 1400 on a new rig. I want to wait a year or two more before i build a new rig.

Repost. I'm reporting this.....

Intel Core i3 2100 @ 3.10GHz - Intel Stock Cooler - Zotac Geforce GT 610 2GB Synergy Edition

Intel DH61WW - Corsair® Value Select 4GBx1 DDR3 1600 MHz - Antec BP-300P PSU

WD Green 1TB - Seagate 2.5" HDD 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 500GB - Antec X1 E.

6 hours ago, Starelementpoke said:

Someone do the math real quick. In $/FPS, if the supposed 480 was EST. at $250, and has around Fury performance, how would it stack against the 1070?

You can get a R9 Fury for as little as $480 atm but you can also get a 380x for $180

based on their Hitman 4k slide, and by putting the fury right between the R9 390x and the Fury X with an average of 39.5 FPS, a Fury equivalent card (480x or 490) in Hitman 4k max settings + FXAA at a price of ~250$ be 

Fury($519): 13.13$/FPS 

R9 480x/490($250/300): $6.3/FPS Let's say it's 300$ that would still put it at $7.59/FPS

1070($449): $12.13/FPS

waVy5XV.jpg

Obviously the 1070 might do better at 1080/1440p but there was no slides for those also displaying a 390 and Fury X

I think Dollar per FPS should be calculated by the hardest thing to run, 4k atm not where that particular GPU is comfortable.

26 minutes ago, lonewolf5460 said:

I am thinking adding another r9 380 4gb I read that it would be just enough to handle 1440p with out me dropping 1400 on a new rig. I want to wait a year or two more before i build a new rig.

can probably get one of those on the super cheap used or

10 minutes ago, RagnarokDel said:

You can get a R9 Fury for as little as $480 atm but you can also get a 380x for $180

based on their Hitman 4k slide, and by putting the fury right between the R9 390x and the Fury X with an average of 39.5 FPS, a Fury equivalent card (480x or 490) in Hitman 4k max settings + FXAA at a price of ~250$ be 

Fury($519): 13.13$/FPS 

R9 480x/490($250/300): $6.3/FPS Let's say it's 300$ that would still put it at $7.59/FPS

1070($449): $12.13/FPS

waVy5XV.jpg

Obviously the 1070 might do better at 1080/1440p but there was no slides for those also displaying a 390 and Fury X

I think Dollar per FPS should be calculated by the hardest thing to run, 4k atm not where that particular GPU is comfortable.

can probably get one of those on the super cheap

Yah I wish I could see an lg monitor with my own eyes. I can decide between a 21:9 screen at 1440p or a 16:9 4k screen I figure the 21:9 will give me better field of view. Thanks for that graph though can you link me to the whole article please?

1 minute ago, lonewolf5460 said:

Yah I wish I could see an lg monitor with my own eyes. I can decide between a 21:9 screen at 1440p or a 16:9 4k screen I figure the 21:9 will give me better field of view. Thanks for that graph though can you link me to the whole article please?

thats just a screen from their video

6 hours ago, nicklmg said:

Amazon: http://geni.us/LRJo
NCIX: http://bit.ly/1qVzUiT

The GTX 1080 is badass, but it's still pretty darn expensive. But the 1070, man... It's pretty freaking awesome too!

What setup did you guys use on the benchmarks? Specs?

"We tested this card at 4K and 1440p", first test shows 1080p. Was that some last minute add in @nicklmg

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

Man, I wish this was compared more to the 980, as opposed to the 970. It better have beat the prev-gen 2nd tier launch card. I want to see how far we've come from the top tier launch card from over a year and a half ago.

Ensure a job for life: https://github.com/Droogans/unmaintainable-code

Actual comment I found in legacy code: // WARNING! SQL injection here!

19 minutes ago, LucidMew said:

Man, I wish this was compared more to the 980, as opposed to the 970. It better have beat the prev-gen 2nd tier launch card. I want to see how far we've come from the top tier launch card from over a year and a half ago.

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm not sure where you're looking because I believe all the slides have the 980 in them... 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

Well, just like the 1080, that MSRP price of $379 (mind you, that's already $50 above what the 970 launched at) is just a showroom model with like 2 cards being that low. For all the others (MSI, Asus, EVGA, etc) they will be at or above the FE price, just like on the 1080.

Ye ole' train

6 minutes ago, lots of unexplainable lag said:

Well, just like the 1080, that MSRP price of $379 (mind you, that's already $50 above what the 970 launched at) is just a showroom model with like 2 cards being that low. For all the others (MSI, Asus, EVGA, etc) they will be at or above the FE price, just like on the 1080.

From what I've seen so far in terms of 1080 pricing, the FE sits right in the middle of cards offered by partners, and some of those partner offerings that are cheaper are also faster than the FE

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

41 minutes ago, legacy99 said:

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm not sure where you're looking because I believe all the slides have the 980 in them... 

From like 5:28 onward. They compare 1070/970/380x/1080/390x/TitanX, and not all of those all of the time.

Ensure a job for life: https://github.com/Droogans/unmaintainable-code

Actual comment I found in legacy code: // WARNING! SQL injection here!