how to edit gameplay for youtube

Go to solution Solved by vanished,

Premiere Pro is good software for that purpose.  It even includes presets designed for youtube, which will reduce the amount of reencoding youtube has to do on your files, thus decreasing the time between upload and share, as well as minimizing the quality loss associated with sharing on youtube.

Hi i want to upload gameplay videos on youtube and i not using any capture cards so wanna know . i want some tips on how to edit a  gameplay. Which softwares should i use to edit it and do i need to covert it or youtube would do that automatically. Give me some tips guys thanks in advance. I am starting with gta

Premiere Pro is good software for that purpose.  It even includes presets designed for youtube, which will reduce the amount of reencoding youtube has to do on your files, thus decreasing the time between upload and share, as well as minimizing the quality loss associated with sharing on youtube.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

12 hours ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

So the bit rate would remain good in that enough it looks good

1 minute ago, Anshul Gumber said:

So the bit rate would remain good in that enough it looks good

Youtube has a maximum to which they will cut down anything you upload, but the less reprocessing they have to do to get what you uploaded into their format the closer it will be to what you uploaded and thus the better it will look.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Youtube has a maximum to which they will cut down anything you upload, but the less reprocessing they have to do to get what you uploaded into their format the closer it will be to what you uploaded and thus the better it will look.

Ok now i get it thanks for the help. I would give it a try. And i have one more question . I gonna record my selft too with my webcam so should i record video and gameplay separate or do i record that in a combined way.

12 hours ago, Prysin said:

Sony Vegas (if using AMD GPU), Premier Pro if using a GPU at all.

i am using AMD GPU with Intel i5  CPU

Ok now i get it thanks for the help. I would give it a try. And i have one more question . I gonna record my selft too with my webcam so should i record video and gameplay separate or do i record that in a combined way.

I would record them to separate files so you have options open for editing.  If you flatten your overlay with the game footage and save that, there's some things you just won't be able to do.  

i am using AMD GPU with Intel i5  CPU

AMD is much faster in Sony Vegas (A R9 380 will be faster then a TitanX in that software) because the software is extremely well optimized for AMD.

What generation of AMD GPU do you have?

Premiere Pro and Vegas are solid, but expensive.

Hitfilm 4 Express, on the other hand, is powerful, free, and has the biggest collection of online video tutorials I've ever seen.

I would record them to separate files so you have options open for editing.  If you flatten your overlay with the game footage and save that, there's some things you just won't be able to do.  

There would be no prob  to get them because my college would give that for free educational ver. And i guess it have everything and even many of my friends are using it for free . Its not about money . I was asking which would be best and less effort in editing with full features

12 hours ago, Anshul Gumber said:

There would be no prob  to get them because my college would give that for free educational ver. And i guess it have everything and even many of my friends are using it for free . Its not about money . I was asking which would be best and less effort in editing with full features

sorry wrong post . And I get you and will you use it seprate . Thanks for the help

12 hours ago, Aereldor said:

Premiere Pro and Vegas are solid, but expensive.

Hitfilm 4 Express, on the other hand, is powerful, free, and has the biggest collection of online video tutorials I've ever seen.

Oh, probably Premiere. Like Ryan said, it has features tailored specifically for YouTube content creators in that it uses a similar codec so YouTube doesn't have to process and compress the video too much.

12 hours ago, Aereldor said:

Oh, probably Premiere. Like Ryan said, it has features tailored specifically for YouTube content creators in that it uses a similar codec so YouTube doesn't have to process and compress the video too much.

okk  . Thanks  Aereldor for the help

2 hours ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

YouTube always reencodes the same way no matter what.