iPhone 5 earpiece sometimes not working

Hi everyone

I just got an iPhone 5 from a friend. It was in its original box and all that, he got it replace right before switching to a new phone. It's almost new, I know that for sure.

But there's a problem, the ear speaker, the thing over the screen, does work only if I press hard enought between it and the screen, and it only works for a short period.

So do I have to go to an Apple Store/Genius Bar or is this a bad idea ?

|| CPU - i7 4790K @4.6GHz || GPU - MSI GTX 980 Gaming 4G || Motherboard - Asus Z97-A || RAM - 16GB Kingston HyperX Fury @1866MHz |Case Be quiet! Silent Base 800 ||

|| CPU Cooler - Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO || Storage - Samsung 850 Pro 256GB & Seagate Barracuda 2TB (+ WD Caviar Green 2TB) ||

|| Mouse - Logitech G502 Proteus Core || Keyboard - Corsair K70 (MX Red) ||

On 5/9/2016 at 1:09 PM, Firestrike said:

Hi everyone

I just got an iPhone 5 from a friend. It was in its original box and all that, he got it replace right before switching to a new phone. It's almost new, I know that for sure.

But there's a problem, the ear speaker, the thing over the screen, does work only if I press hard enought between it and the screen, and it only works for a short period.

So do I have to go to an Apple Store/Genius Bar or is this a bad idea ?

I mean the Apple Store is a good bet. If they cant or refuse to fix, maybe a repair shop that is local. I know here in the US, you can throw a stone and it like 50 repair shops whom claim to fix Iphones. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn.