wifi problems

brtmn0
Go to solution Solved by brtmn0,

okay guys, it's resolved now, my solution: I took off the attenas and put them back on on my network card and that fixed it, I don't even know why this fixed, but here's the proof: 5301201344.png

Hey guys!

I have this weird wifi problem on my computer, where my wifi connection is for my internet standerd really slow, here the ookla results: 5301083117.png but when I do the speedtest om my tablet what's on my lap and so slightly father away from my router gives me close to the full 50 mbps I'm paying my provider for, but for some other reason my upload speed reaches it's maximum of 5 mbps up ( what I achieve on both devices) my network card is a tp-link TL-WN851ND I believe, that's the only network card that looked like the one in my pc judging from the pictures of tp links website, as I have lost the orginal cd and recently reinstalled windows 10 completely. sidenote: Yes the driver and the ultility isn't supported on windows 10 and therefor run in compability mode, that also happened with the driver and ultility from the cd.

14 minutes ago, brtmn0 said:

Hey guys!

I have this weird wifi problem on my computer, where my wifi connection is for my internet standerd really slow, here the ookla results: 5301083117.png but when I do the speedtest om my tablet what's on my lap and so slightly father away from my router gives me close to the full 50 mbps I'm paying my provider for, but for some other reason my upload speed reaches it's maximum of 5 mbps up ( what I achieve on both devices) my network card is a tp-link TL-WN851ND I believe, that's the only network card that looked like the one in my pc judging from the pictures of tp links website, as I have lost the orginal cd and recently reinstalled windows 10 completely. sidenote: Yes the driver and the ultility isn't supported on windows 10 and therefor run in compability mode, that also happened with the driver and ultility from the cd.

Is ethernet an option?

3 minutes ago, partypanda64 said:

Is ethernet an option?

Sorry, it's not, I'm upstairs and the router is located high up in the living room in a corner, running an Ethernet cable from there to my pc would be a mess what my mom would despise. 

1 minute ago, brtmn0 said:

Sorry, it's not, I'm upstairs and the router is located high up in the opposite corner of the strairs, running an ethernet cable from there to my pc would be a mess what my mom would despise. 

If it's not too far, try setting your frequency to 5.0ghz you might get a better connection.

2 minutes ago, partypanda64 said:

If it's not too far, try setting your frequency to 5.0ghz you might get a better connection.

not possible either, we have a really old router what my mom choose because of it's shape, not because of specs, it;s a round silinder, the d-link 636l and it doesn't support 5.ghz or muliband wifi. I'm not sure if my wifi card in my computer even supports 5.0ghz.

3 minutes ago, partypanda64 said:

and I didn't have this issue on my previous installation of windows 10, and nothing of my setup has changed.

4 minutes ago, brtmn0 said:

and I didn't have this issue on my previous installation of windows 10, and nothing of my setup has changed.

Have you considered powerline adapters? 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.

6 minutes ago, brtmn0 said:

not possible either, we have a really old router what my mom choose because of it's shape, not because of specs, it;s a round silinder, the d-link 636l and it doesn't support 5.ghz or muliband wifi.

perhaps try hooking up a second router to your current router to extend the range, that's what I have setup for my laptops and such, it works very well.

Just now, Abdul201588 said:

Have you considered powerline adapters? 

I certainly have! but my house is build about 5 years after ww2 and has a lot of things in common with a flat kind of building, so I have no clue how well the cables are in this building, but I bet they aren't that great.

4 minutes ago, partypanda64 said:

perhaps try hooking up a second router to your current router to extend the range, that's what I have setup for my laptops and such, it works very well.

but we have a wifi extender in the other corner of the house, and I'm able to see the two different ones in the ultility, but my wifi worked completely fine on my previous installation of windows 10, I just want to try to get that fixed. I know for sure I was able to hit 45mbps down on my previous installation. with the exact same hardware setup.

Just now, brtmn0 said:

but we have a wifi extender in the other corner of the house, and I'm able to see the two different ones in the ultility, but my wifi worked completely fine on my previous installation of windows 10, I just want to try to get that fixed.

try a fresh install of win 10

I certainly have! but my house is build about 5 years after ww2 and has a lot of things in common with a flat kind of building, so I have no clue how well the cables are in this building, but I bet they aren't that great.

Hmm..  I don't Know. That's the only possible way. Unless you get a secondary WiFi router and use that as extender. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.

1 minute ago, partypanda64 said:

try a fresh install of win 10

but this is a fresh install of windows 10, wiped both my disk. I only installed all the windows updates, chrome, steam, geforce experience, skype and the tp-link ultility, I haven't even installed any games yet.

Just now, brtmn0 said:

but this is a fresh install of windows 10, wiped both my disk. I only installed all the windows updates, chrome, steam, geforce experience, skype and the tp-link ultility, I haven't even installed any games yet.

try a new wifi adapter, perhaps an intel one?

1 minute ago, Abdul201588 said:

Hmm..  I don't Know. That's the only possible way. Unless you get a secondary WiFi router and use that as extender. 

but I had a really good connection on my previous windows 10 installation with the exact same hardware setup, I used to get 45mbps down.

7 minutes ago, brtmn0 said:

but we have a wifi extender in the other corner of the house, and I'm able to see the two different ones in the ultility, but my wifi worked completely fine on my previous installation of windows 10, I just want to try to get that fixed. I know for sure I was able to hit 45mbps down on my previous installation. with the exact same hardware setup.

Then the only option is to upgrade the router. By the way is a router/modem combo or do you have a separate router and modem?

Im pretty sure Dlink makes those Cylinder Routers in a newer dual band N or AC spec. Just saying, if its about shape. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

1 minute ago, Abdul201588 said:

Then the only option is to upgrade the router. By the way is a router/modem combo or do you have a separate router and modem?

a seperate router and modem, but, my wifi on all other devices is stable and between 45 and 50 down, with only my computer having these low speeds.

2 minutes ago, brtmn0 said:

a seperate router and modem, but, my wifi on all other devices is stable and between 45 and 50 down, with only my computer having these low speeds.

Alright, best option is to get a new router that has dual-band (which is 5ghz and 2.4ghz). 

2 minutes ago, Abdul201588 said:

Alright, best option is to get a new router that has dual-band (which is 5ghz and 2.4ghz). 

i really don't like the idea of buying new hardware for my wireless when it used to work prior reinstalling windows 10. isn't there something I can do with the drivers or other settings?

i really don't like the idea of buying new hardware for my wireless when it used to work prior reinstalling windows 10. isn't there something I can do with the drivers or other settings?

Do you have a separate PC? if so, test your Wifi card and see if get similar results as you're facing. If not, then try reinstall or update drives. 

okay guys, it's resolved now, my solution: I took off the attenas and put them back on on my network card and that fixed it, I don't even know why this fixed, but here's the proof: 5301201344.png