Unable to save edited post on mobile

Go to solution Solved by colonel_mortis,

This bug has now been fixed on this site.

1 hour ago, colonel_mortis said:

Thanks, that looks like it should be everything I need. 

Just to rule out anything else, can you try clearing your cache (settings > privacy > clear browsing data (cache, from the beginning of time) and see whether you can reproduce it? 

Sure thing, will have to be tomorrow now though as I am out now and won't be back home until late. 

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

11 hours ago, Master Disaster said:

Sure thing, will have to be tomorrow now though as I am out now and won't be back home until late. 

No need any more - I have managed to rule that out now.

For anyone who is able to reproduce the issue, would I be right in saying that you sometimes rotate your device between portrait and landscape, especially just before or while editing a post? I think I might have managed to reproduce the issue, and have an idea for what could be causing it as well.

Actually, I don't think that's the issue. However, if you refresh the page, or rotate it to change the screen orientation (then optionally rotate it back to how it was before), I think that might fix it. Please do test and let me know if that helps.

Also, does the issue only occur if you've already edited another post in that thread (even if on a different page) recently?

This issue is weird.

HTTP/2 203

12 hours ago, colonel_mortis said:

No need any more - I have managed to rule that out now.

For anyone who is able to reproduce the issue, would I be right in saying that you sometimes rotate your device between portrait and landscape, especially just before or while editing a post? I think I might have managed to reproduce the issue, and have an idea for what could be causing it as well.

Actually, I don't think that's the issue. However, if you refresh the page, or rotate it to change the screen orientation (then optionally rotate it back to how it was before), I think that might fix it. Please do test and let me know if that helps.

Also, does the issue only occur if you've already edited another post in that thread (even if on a different page) recently?

This issue is weird.

Did you make any changes because editing seems to be working now. I'm going to go back to the post I couldn't edit yesterday and try it again, will let you know the outcome. 

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

Scratch that,  it's now happening to the above post I just made. I might be crazy but I swear it's because of the number of replies a thread gets. I'm fine editing until it gets to page 2 then it stops working, and that applies to older posts on page 1 that I was able to edit previously.. 

Also noticed that if it's going to be successful then when I click edit the circle spins once before it loads the text for me to edit where as if it's not going to work the circle spins 3 or 4 times and the text takes a while to load?

I think I have managed to identify the issue, and have reported it, along with a potential fix, to the forum software devs. Hopefully the fix works, in which case it should be included in about a month.

HTTP/2 203

1 hour ago, colonel_mortis said:

I think I have managed to identify the issue, and have reported it, along with a potential fix, to the forum software devs. Hopefully the fix works, in which case it should be included in about a month.

thank you senpai, how much do i have to pay to get it updated right now xD 

4 hours ago, GreezyJeezy said:

thank you senpai, how much do i have to pay to get it updated right now xD 

I witnessed the working version first hand in all its glory.  No amount can possibly repay the efforts :D

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

7 hours ago, colonel_mortis said:

Awesome job, damn shame I couldn't help much since apparently my g3 doesn't like running the error reporting.

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

• 1 month later...

Brilliant work Mortis, the site is now almost perfect.

1 minute ago, Master Disaster said:

Brilliant work Mortis, the site is now almost perfect.

Almost, you say? What would you say it needs to make it completely perfect?

HTTP/2 203

5 minutes ago, colonel_mortis said:

Almost, you say? What would you say it needs to make it completely perfect?

Unable to delete quotes on mobile... 

But I've heard you say before that it's something to do with IPSs WYSIWYG editor and you can't really mess with it without breaking everything. All it needs is a code view button :P