Webpages crashes when clicking the pop up notification

GreezyJeezy

I'm using an IPad Air 1 and the google chrome browser

whenever I click the notification box on the bottom left to go to a notification the page will only load half of it and then it will crash and say There was a problem and I need to reload (it's the chrome page has crashed page) and when I reload the same thing happens until I close the tab and restart chrome. I think it might have to be with chrome idk, chrome(mobile) seems buggy on this website because sometime I can't save an edit I make and I always have to click a link twice to go to the post. But every other site works fine so idk.

1 minute ago, GoZone said:

Try Safari 

Yes but I don't use those browsers chrome has all my important stuff synced on it. It works with Safari.

2 minutes ago, GreezyJeezy said:

Yes but I don't use those browsers chrome has all my important stuff synced on it. It works with Safari.

Try reinstalling it or check if it has a new update.

"Simple Yet Complex" 

5 minutes ago, GoZone said:

Try reinstalling it or check if it has a new update.

It's up to date and I'll reinstall it.

1 minute ago, GreezyJeezy said:

It's up to date and I'll reinstall it.

I think its just the website then. Did this happen just now or it always happens?

"Simple Yet Complex" 

1 minute ago, GoZone said:

I think its just the website then. Did this happen just now or it always happens?

I've never clicked the pop up ones before until just now so I don't know, but the having to click a link twice and not being able to save an edit have a ways been issues.

Do you mean the flash message that you get when you get one actual notification (quote, mention, etc), so clicking it should take you to the thread that caused the notification? If so, I can't reproduce it using safari in my emulator, but that doesn't necessarily mean much, even though the back end code is the same between all browsers on iOS.

Can you test to see whether you can reproduce it in Safari?

HTTP/2 203

28 minutes ago, colonel_mortis said:

Do you mean the flash message that you get when you get one actual notification (quote, mention, etc), so clicking it should take you to the thread that caused the notification? If so, I can't reproduce it using safari in my emulator, but that doesn't necessarily mean much, even though the back end code is the same between all browsers on iOS.

Can you test to see whether you can reproduce it in Safari?

Yes the pop up one that shows up when they comment when your online and it pops up for a few seconds then disappears, it works in safari but not chrome

3 minutes ago, GreezyJeezy said:

Yes the pop up one that shows up when they comment when your online and it pops up for a few seconds then disappears, it works in safari but not chrome

My emulator doesn't support Chrome (because apple emulators are weird), so is anyone else able to reproduce this? It's really weird that it would be caused by clicking flash messages, because they don't do anything weird that could cause browser bugs.

HTTP/2 203

2 minutes ago, colonel_mortis said:

My emulator doesn't support Chrome (because apple emulators are weird), so is anyone else able to reproduce this? It's really weird that it would be caused by clicking flash messages, because they don't do anything weird that could cause browser bugs.

Comment on this and I want to see if it happens again

4 minutes ago, GreezyJeezy said:

Comment on this and I want to see if it happens again

Consider this a comment.

HTTP/2 203

2 minutes ago, colonel_mortis said:

Consider this a comment.

Rip idk why it does that 

9 minutes ago, GreezyJeezy said:

Rip idk why it does that 

So it crashed again?

HTTP/2 203

@W-L says he can't reproduce it, so it sounds like it might be something wrong with your particular install. If you figure out what was causing it, or you are able to reproduce it on any other devices, let me know, but for now I'm going to close this.

HTTP/2 203