Mouse sensor 3310 vs 3360: Worth waiting?

GregButcher

Hello all, 

Well, my Roccat Kova+ scrollwheel is dying and I find myself at the crossroads of buying a new mouse... When i bought this, i had no knowledge of sensors and all that jazz, but since i play mainly fps games I educated myself since then.

Anyway, I was looking at the mouse repertoire of many manufacturers and while most people seem to sing heavens of the 3360/3366 sensor I have a hard time finding one that actually fits what I want(weight, stattrak gimmick, bad shape etc). Long story short I narrowed my options to either a Roccat Kone Military, or a Zowie FK/EC(cant decide yet), tho all are 3310 sensors, and I see no hints of anything releasing with a 3360 for the near future...

So my question is, HOW much better is the 3360? Should I wait for a mouse that suits my needs with that sensor? I'm by no means a pro but I prefer the best tracking possible if I can have it anyway.

Thanks in advance!

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670k Mobo:MSI Z87-G43 RAM:Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB 1866MHz SSD:Samsung 840 120GB GPU:Gigabyte GTX770 2GB PSU:EVGA NEX650G Case:Fractal Design Define R4 Cooler:Corsair H80i 

You couldn't tell the difference... They are both near flawless anyway.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Kone Pure military has a hate or love it shape so i would recommend Zowie.

But the 3360 is quite a bit better, better SRAV results, Less jitter etc. Small but welcome upgrades

SRAV test ("speed related accurcy variance" or "accleration")

The 3310 has de-accleration but it's very consistent so people don't really care.

I suffer the 3310 in the Naos 7000 because the ergonomics give me an overall edge. However, the sensor in the G502, for example, makes the 3310 feel like it belongs in $3 Chinese "Gaming" mice. I understand that numerous graphs and charts support the 3310 and it's excellence, but I've never found an implementation that was better than average.

,>>>Honestly I had Razer deqthadder from 2012 (old version) and transfered to g502 (best 3366 sensor, best on the market) and I didn't really notice much of a difference. I more pleased and focused on how perfectly it fired in my hand. 

I have never had problems with 3366 tracking ever and I've owned the mouse for over 15 months on two (old dirty mat and new) mouse Matt's.

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

1 hour ago, ch0g0nda said:

I suffer the 3310 in the Naos 7000 because the ergonomics give me an overall edge. However, the sensor in the G502, for example, makes the 3310 feel like it belongs in $3 Chinese "Gaming" mice. I understand that numerous graphs and charts support the 3310 and it's excellence, but I've never found an implementation that was better than average.

Naos 7k master race!

"You don't need headphones, all you need is willpower!" ~MicroCenter employee

How to use a WiiMote and Nunchuck as your mouse!

Specs:
Graphics Card: EVGA 750 Ti SC
PSU: Corsair CS450M
RAM: A-Data XPG V1.0 (1x8GB) (Red)
Procrastinator: Intel i5 4690k @ 4.4GHz 1.3V
Case: NZXT Source 210 Elite (Black)
Speakers and Headphones: Monitor Speakers and Phlips SHP9500s
MoBo: MSI Z97 PC MATE
SSD: SanDisk Ultra II (240GB)
Monitor: LG 29UM68-P
Mouse: Mionix Naos 7000
Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB (2016) (Browns)

Webcam/mic: Logitech C270

1 hour ago, Thony said:

,>>>Honestly I had Razer deqthadder from 2012 (old version) and transfered to g502 (best 3366 sensor, best on the market) and I didn't really notice much of a difference. I more pleased and focused on how perfectly it fired in my hand. 

I have never had problems with 3366 tracking ever and I've owned the mouse for over 15 months on two (old dirty mat and new) mouse Matt's.

The problem I have is after trying the g502 several times is that it carries a really hefty weight and momentum when moving, making it somewhat awkward for me at least...oh well, we'll see I might just go with it at the end, but unlikely.

56 minutes ago, TrigrH said:

FYI if you don't play at low DPI none of this sensor stuff is really that important. 

well i play on 800 dpi, dont get me wrong i dont do 40cm long 360s but i try to have my mouse not be a "bottleneck" if i can. 

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670k Mobo:MSI Z87-G43 RAM:Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB 1866MHz SSD:Samsung 840 120GB GPU:Gigabyte GTX770 2GB PSU:EVGA NEX650G Case:Fractal Design Define R4 Cooler:Corsair H80i 

BTW does anybody know how the Zowie recall regarding the mouse click switches are going? I still have a hard time finding anything in stock, even tho they said to be back to normal by the end of march or so...

Just now, TrigrH said:

FYI if you don't play at low DPI none of this sensor stuff is really that important. 

Well especially if you play at/want to use high CPI it is important as different sensors have different array sizes and noise levels.

TBH besides Roccat KPM i wouldnt use any 3310, those 4ms extra with a unmodified SROM just make it overall too laggy for my taste, and i prefer 12000fps at higher speeds, which makes the 3988/3989 a better compromise for me, or actually even the 3050, i would prefer the AM010/3320 overall though if my sensitivity would be a bit higher.