Changing a doorknob?

shirokado

My room door doesn't have a lock on it, so i want to add a lock do it, but I have a couple questions

1. Is it hard? (compared to building a computer)

2. Is it expensive(compare to like.... ram?)

3. Are all door knobs the same size? or do i need to measure

Fractal Design Define R4 | MSI x79a-GD45 | 3960X @ 4.6Ghz | Lots of EK Blocks | EVGA GTX780Ti 3GB | Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB (4x4) DDR3 1866 | Samsung 840 Pro 512GB SSD | Western Digital Red 2TB x4 (Raid 10) | Corsair AX760 | Windows 7 Professional 64-bit

1 it is not hard ;)

2 Mmm don't know where you live and what stores sale doorknob's

3 almost all the doorknobs are the same size i believe don't know for sure 

[CPU: AMD FX-6100 @3.3GHz ] [MoBo: Asrock 970 Extreme4] [GPU: Gigabyte 770 OC ] [RAM: 8GB] [sSD: 64gb for OS] [PSU: 550Watt Be Quiet!] [HDD: 1TB] [CPU cooler: Be Quiet! Shadow Rock Pro Sr1]  -Did i solve your question/problem? Please click 'Marked Solved'-

I Google'd it for you came across this article seems pretty easy to do! ;) 

http://www.wikihow.com/Replace-an-Interior-Doorknob

[CPU: AMD FX-6100 @3.3GHz ] [MoBo: Asrock 970 Extreme4] [GPU: Gigabyte 770 OC ] [RAM: 8GB] [sSD: 64gb for OS] [PSU: 550Watt Be Quiet!] [HDD: 1TB] [CPU cooler: Be Quiet! Shadow Rock Pro Sr1]  -Did i solve your question/problem? Please click 'Marked Solved'-

My room door doesn't have a lock on it, so i want to add a lock do it, but I have a couple questions

1. Is it hard? (compared to building a computer)

2. Is it expensive(compare to like.... ram?)

3. Are all door knobs the same size? or do i need to measure

1. This depends, does your door already have a knob with no lock mechanism or is there just nothing on it? If it has a knob already it's a matter of removing a few screws, putting in the new knob and putting in a few screws. If it's the latter you'll have to cut a hole or buy a door that already has a hole for a knob.

2. Door knobs come in a huge price range. Simple cheap ones go for $20 to $30, other can run you $200. 

3. Most are, I've never seen a different size. 

Not at all hard, a beginner can do it.

Stuff I try to use;

AMD FX 8350 4.3Ghz, Asus Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 Motherboard, 2x Asus HD6850, 8BG Kingston Hyper X RAM, Hyper X 120Gb SSD, Corsair GS800 PSU, Cooler Master HAF922 Case and my branes.

most interior doorknobs I can change out in 5-10 minutes

if you can reuse the previous latching piston mechanism then all the easier

I have come across different middle latching piston mechanisms that are incompatible with some newer ones

when having to change out the middle piston mechanism I've sometimes had issues with holes being mismatched and needing a file to increase the size of the hole to accomadate the mechanism.