i7-6700k looking for max safe voltage

I just built a PC and got the i7-6700k as my CPU. I was wondering what the highest safe voltage is for this bad boy. I have it running stable @ 1.45 volts, but wanted to know if and what people are running to achieve the 4.7GHZ+ mark.

Current System

i7-6700k @ 1.45v Getting 4.7GHz

280mm Corsair water cooler

Gigabyte Gaming 6 motherboard

850 Watt Corsair PSU

4GB R9 270x

32GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM running at 2800MHz

480 PNY SSD

2TB HDD

I will also be reading through the forums, but want to see what people are still running safely as a daily driver.

IMG_20160326_140959 (1).jpg

Yes, I know my PSU sucks, and will be replacing when I update GPU.

1.3v is safe for daily use. I have my 4790k running at 4.6ghz on 1.235v

Current Build: Core i7 4790k @ 4.6, Asus Maximus VII Hero, Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400mhz 8gb (2x4gb), GTX 980ti, NZXT Kraken X61, Fractal Define R5  EVGA Supernova B2 850w, Some 300gb hard drive.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/W7CNrH

for temporarily, 1.4V would be my personal max

for everyday use, 1.3~1.35v

though i dont overclock anyway `-`

also, i would keep my temps well below 75 celcius, 75c is my absolute max

though you should have no issues with that beefy cooler

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

I have never seen above 71C and that is with Aida 64 running for over a hour.

I kicked it down to 4.6 @ 1.3v 

here are my idle temps. I'll post it under load in a few.

Idle.png

Under Load No higher than 60 something.

CPU-z for proof.

Load 46.png

46_volt.png

I read in a few places that skylake was safe up to 1.45

@Lays might be able to assist u further as he is very knolegeable with overclocking 

AMD (and proud) r7 1700 4ghz- 

also (1600) 

asus rog crosshairs vi hero x370-

MSI 980ti G6 1506mhz slix2 -

h110 pull - acer xb270hu 1440p -

corsair 750D - corsair 16gb 2933

That's what I have read and heard too, but I want to actually hear what people are doing and is working for them longer than a bench they posted up on youtube, ya know. 

I can get 4.8 @ 1.5V, but have no clue if it's safe. My temps are, but I heard temps won't matter if too much power goes to it, so I'm kinda bumming ATM.

1 hour ago, the75bag said:

I can get 4.8 @ 1.5V, but have no clue if it's safe. My temps are, but I heard temps won't matter if too much power goes to it, so I'm kinda bumming ATM.

Try and stick below 1.45, it's the highest I'd recommend for 24/7.

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

So being that my 4.6GHz is stable at 1.3v going to 1.45v to make stable at 4.7GHz would just be kind-of a stupid move, considering the gain of .1GHz for that much power.

@Lays I'll just leave this here. TY. Should I push for 4.9 and see if it will crash or stay with the 4.8GHz?

4.8 1.4V stable.png

1 hour ago, the75bag said:

@Lays I'll just leave this here. TY. Should I push for 4.9 and see if it will crash or stay with the 4.8GHz?

4.8 1.4V stable.png

What are you testing with for stability? 

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

The only safe voltage is the one Intel shipped it with because if it fails you still have warranty support to replace it. I haven't yet heard of instanta pops at 1.35V but we really have no idea what safe voltage is, its unlikely to be above 1.35V because Intel said for Sandy Bridge this was the safe limit and as the transistors get smaller so does the voltage needed to make them switch and the safe maximum voltage.

So, @BrightCandle you just want to keep the stock voltage the same? I can understand that, but I want to get the most out of my chip. If I pop it I will have to buy a new MoBo and CPU, but that's my problem. I'll just stick to the 4.8GHz because that is what I had in my head that I wanted. I can set one button OC for 4.6GHz, but that doesn't give me any bragging rights to say I went and did a one click OC. I can say I have a manual OC now and my Cinibench went fro 865 to 1007, so super happy camper here ATM, until the PoP!

Besides a 980ti or a Fury X I don't have much else to buy, maybe another 2x16 sticks or RAM to max out the RAM @ 64 instead of my 32 I have now.

1 minute ago, the75bag said:

So, @BrightCandle you just want to keep the stock voltage the same? I can understand that, but I want to get the most out of my chip. If I pop it I will have to buy a new MoBo and CPU, but that's my problem. I'll just stick to the 4.8GHz because that is what I had in my head that I wanted. I can set one button OC for 4.6GHz, but that doesn't give me any bragging rights to say I went and did a one click OC. I can say I have a manual OC now and my Cinibench went fro 865 to 1007, so super happy camper here ATM, until the PoP!

I didn't say that, I defined safe as still having warranty which is no change in voltage. I also gave you an idea of what Intel might consider safe.