Wii U External Hard Drive?

So, im planning on getting a Wii U (If the NX isn't really interesting), im gonna get the black 32gb version. So, if im getting most of my games retail, is it necessary to get an External Hard Drive??!!! Im planning on getting Exclusives Only. If so, what hdd?

I only have retail games for mine and haven't used hardly any storage. I'd guess I have about 15 games.

I just stuck this in instead of a bulky external.

I was concerned because I read that some people reported games stuttering when using flash.  However, after a lengthy session of Super Mario 3D World, not a single stutter.

I don't really download games, but I was anticipating buying the new Fatal Frame game (ultimately decided against it) and didn't want to delete the games I had on it.

CPU: Intel i7 7700K · MoBo: Asus Maximus Hero IX · RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum (2x8GB 2400MHz CL10) · GPU: EVGA SC+ GTX 980Ti (6 GB)
Case: Fractal Define R5, Black, Windowed · AMC: Corsair H90 with NF-A14 PWM (Pull)  · PSU Corsair HX 750W · SSD: 500GB Samsung 840 EVO
HDDs: WD Black 2TB and 2x Red 5TB · OS: Windows 10 · KB: Logitech 710+ · Mouse: Logitech G700S 
· Monitor: Acer XB270HU

• 3 weeks later...

If you're not downloading games, you won't need an external hard drive. The 32Gb will be plenty for save data and dlc (I assume you'll get Smash Bros).

But if you decide you do want to download a bunch of games later, just know that you need to use a y-cable on your USB hard drive to power it from two of the USB ports on the WiiU, as using the standard single cable will not work. I'm using a Western Digital 500GB Passport this way.

The SanDisk Ultra Fit 128GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive shown in the link above looks interesting, but if it works I guess it's worth it for being a much cheaper option.

As mentioned above, if you won't be downloading WiiU games, you don't need a hard drive, though it will really come in handy if you do plan on downloading games, or if you're going to install the Homebrew Channel and cIOS. USB 3.0 Flash Drives are fine if you get a nice big one, but if you do get a hard drive, try to get one with it's own power cable, or at least one with two USB plugs for extra power. 

Keep in mind that WiiU hard drives have their own format that can't be resized afaik, so you'll need a separate HDD/Flash drive for HBC since most .iso loaders only support FAT32 and the old Wii's WBFS format.