Best all around headphones for an infinite budget

Cantaloupeman
27 minutes ago, SSL said:

Maybe. I don't think a bit of bass would hurt if done properly. I'm planning to get Lyr 2 one of these days.

I'm just afraid to give into the addiction of rolling…:$

3 hours ago, Dackzy said:

Kpop? Ohhhh the asian version of pop or?

yup, pop music from korea

Great songs, the singers themselves are cool, but best of all kpop is always super high quality so it sounds great on my cans :D

3 hours ago, SSL said:

Maybe. I don't think a bit of bass would hurt if done properly. I'm planning to get Lyr 2 one of these days.

If you want to get into tube rolling, just know the Lyr 2 is compatible with less tubes :P (still a ton though)

// irenebb-pc v5 // [] Intel i5-9400F [] Radeon VII Lisa Su Edition [] 24GB Crucial Ballistix [] Acer ED323QUR (1440p/144hz) []

27 minutes ago, Dackzy said:

it was not a little bass this tube amp gave them it was a lot the whole signature changed. God damn if I had the money for the lyr I would buy it but since I dont and I am a student I "only" have 200 euro for a tube amp.

The Vali is pretty good. SBAF members are always going on about how it's better than most $1000 amps.

1 minute ago, Octavialicious said:

If you want to get into tube rolling, just know the Lyr 2 is compatible with less tubes :P (still a ton though)

9 minutes ago, SuicideAnomaly said:

I'm just afraid to give into the addiction of rolling…:$

Tube rolling is dumb. Get like two sets and call it a day. I have it all planned out to "upgrade" the stock tubes with some Electro Harmonix 6922 Gold-pins and leave it at that.

10 minutes ago, SSL said:

Tube rolling is dumb. Get like two sets and call it a day. I have it all planned out to "upgrade" the stock tubes with some Electro Harmonix 6922 Gold-pins and leave it at that.

I tell myself that, but I imagine curiosity would get the best of me.

Would you get the Lissts, as well?

This is why I got an Asgard 2, so I don't have to worry about tube anxiety.  It still burns my hand tho, jesus Class A gets hot.

It wouldn't be so bad if the volume knob stayed cool, but it does get toasty.

AD2000x Review  Fitear To Go! 334 Review

Speakers - KEF LSX

Headphones - Sennheiser HD650, Kumitate Labs KL-Lakh

8 minutes ago, SuicideAnomaly said:

I tell myself that, but I imagine curiosity would get the best of me.

Would you get the Lissts, as well?

No. I'd just get the Asgard 2 if I wanted solid state, and I believe that it isn't worth the $250 on top of what I paid for the Magni 2U.

I'm having a hell of a time deciding between the Lyr 2/Bitfrost, and the Oppo HA-1. Unfortunately, in this part of Canada, auditioning audio equipment isn't so easy.

12 minutes ago, SuicideAnomaly said:

I'm having a hell of a time deciding between the Lyr 2/Bitfrost, and the Oppo HA-1. Unfortunately, in this part of Canada, auditioning audio equipment isn't so easy.

That's the really only way to be sure. I think the schiit has a lot going for it even aside from sound, but that shouldn't be enough to trump it.

5 hours ago, SSL said:

The Vali is pretty good. SBAF members are always going on about how it's better than most $1000 amps.

I'd agree, just letting ya know if that's something you wanted to get into

My Lyr is coming with orange globes so I'm going to call it a day :P

// irenebb-pc v5 // [] Intel i5-9400F [] Radeon VII Lisa Su Edition [] 24GB Crucial Ballistix [] Acer ED323QUR (1440p/144hz) []

On 4/5/2016 at 0:07 PM, Dackzy said:

yeah, I am more into balanced and un-colored sound with big sound stage.

dude HD800s sound so weird

They sound fine, not like the sound is messed up, but it's just so different idek

I dunno, I'm a big fan of my Skullcandies which I use to listen to podcasts with at work. ^_^

On 4/4/2016 at 11:28 PM, Pomfinator said:

Every time I look at the spec sheet of the LCD-X, I cannot help but just drop my jaw at the 600+ grams.  How do people even wear it for more than 10 minutes?

Ehh, I think 10 minutes is a bit of an exaggeration. I could wear it for hours. It's not that comfy though.

Gotta do the neck exercises, yo.

In Placebo We Trust - Resident Obnoxious Objective Fangirl (R.O.O.F) - Your Eyes Cannot Hear
Haswell Overclocking Guide | Skylake Overclocking GuideCan my amp power my headphones?

5 hours ago, Octavialicious said:

dude HD800s sound so weird

They sound fine, not like the sound is messed up, but it's just so different idek

I have not tried them yet.

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

57 minutes ago, Dackzy said:

I have not tried them yet.

I take it back, now that the tubes have warmed up they're splendid

you should definitely give them a listen if you can!

31 minutes ago, Octavialicious said:

I take it back, now that the tubes have warmed up they're splendid

you should definitely give them a listen if you can!

I will see if I can find a pair I can try.

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

On 4/5/2016 at 1:23 PM, SSL said:

Just put my Lyr up for super cheap because I'm moving to efficient cans, now's a good chance xD

1 hour ago, Octavialicious said:

Just put my Lyr up for super cheap because I'm moving to efficient cans, now's a good chance xD

Leer, Too, not Leer Won.

6 minutes ago, SSL said:

Leer, Too, not Leer Won.

What's the diff anyways? Doesn't the Lyr 1 support more tubes?

42 minutes ago, Octavialicious said:

What's the diff anyways? Doesn't the Lyr 1 support more tubes?

I have no idea - not that tube support is something I'm concerned with. The Lyr 2 is supposed to have a lower noise floor and sound better. Normally I'd roll my eyes at the second part, but the whole point of the exercise is to make things sound better.

1 hour ago, SSL said:

I have no idea - not that tube support is something I'm concerned with. The Lyr 2 is supposed to have a lower noise floor and sound better. Normally I'd roll my eyes at the second part, but the whole point of the exercise is to make things sound better.

Fair enough

Any chance I could ask for your advice on an amp for the HE-X? I sold my Lyr as it's too OP by far, but I'm so broke on cash. Speaking these are really sensitive, I think a low power AMP should do it for now right? (will upgrade in future, but since they are made for mobile devices I think I will live)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16829270004&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-PC&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-PC-_-pla-_-USB+Converters-_-N82E16829270004&gclid=CjwKEAjwlq24BRDMjdK7g8mD6BASJABBl8n3fC1XJ-9dWq_ED_BjgF3qKFFduYQVZj7cOmWHXM35DRoC927w_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds 

I currently have this, and it makes my earbuds blood piercingly loud at 2 volume in windows so it definitely has some power haha. I know it's garbage compared to something like a Magni, but would it even be worth to jump up to a sAp or FiiO E10K while I wait for money or should I just stick with this for now?

The "best" headphones is having all the headphones (and proper amping if needed) . 

Since we're talking about infinite moneh. 

2 hours ago, Octavialicious said:

Fair enough

Any chance I could ask for your advice on an amp for the HE-X? I sold my Lyr as it's too OP by far, but I'm so broke on cash. Speaking these are really sensitive, I think a low power AMP should do it for now right? (will upgrade in future, but since they are made for mobile devices I think I will live)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16829270004&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-PC&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-PC-_-pla-_-USB+Converters-_-N82E16829270004&gclid=CjwKEAjwlq24BRDMjdK7g8mD6BASJABBl8n3fC1XJ-9dWq_ED_BjgF3qKFFduYQVZj7cOmWHXM35DRoC927w_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds 

I currently have this, and it makes my earbuds blood piercingly loud at 2 volume in windows so it definitely has some power haha. I know it's garbage compared to something like a Magni, but would it even be worth to jump up to a sAp or FiiO E10K while I wait for money or should I just stick with this for now?

Supposedly the HE-X is a little "soft" in terms of impact/transient response, so in theory a fairly powerful amp would be advisable.

But if you can't hear the Lyr making much of a difference over what you're stuck with, then I don't know if there's any point in SMSL or Fiio.

7 minutes ago, SSL said:

Supposedly the HE-X is a little "soft" in terms of impact/transient response, so in theory a fairly powerful amp would be advisable.

But if you can't hear the Lyr making much of a difference over what you're stuck with, then I don't know if there's any point in SMSL or Fiio.

I think the Lyr would make a slight difference, but I'm just trying to save some cash

Is the SMSL or FiiO better in terms of raw power? Or are those still considered weak

Just now, Octavialicious said:

I think the Lyr would make a slight difference, but I'm just trying to save some cash

Is the SMSL or FiiO better in terms of raw power?

Than that Siig thing? The sAp-II almost certainly is, the Fiio isn't, being a USB-powered amp.

42 minutes ago, Octavialicious said:

Is the SMSL or FiiO better in terms of raw power? Or are those still considered weak

If money is a concern, I would highly recommend looking into the HE-560s. You are getting into the realm of serious diminishing returns, and the HE-Xs are roughly double the price of their sibling. Food for thought, I suppose.

:)

At the very least, perhaps try and audition both pairs to determine if you feel it's worth it.

33 minutes ago, SuicideAnomaly said:

If money is a concern, I would highly recommend looking into the HE-560s. You are getting into the realm of serious diminishing returns, and the HE-Xs are roughly double the price of their sibling. Food for thought, I suppose.

:)

At the very least, perhaps try and audition both pairs to determine if you feel it's worth it.

bleh, HE-560s are garbo

I either got a lemon or they're terrible