Noctua ; RMA. Why I love this company.

Nico559

A month ago, one of my Noctua 140mm radiator fans stopped spinning out of the blue.  I tossed it, in my box of dead electronics and moved on, until I recently became irritated by the Corsair fans I've been using, prompting me to check up on the possibility of a replacement.  I wasn't expecting this response.

I contacted the company via email with a screenshot of my receipt from Amazon and 13 minutes later, they replied. 

Dear Nicolas,

First of all many thanks for choosing a Noctua product.

We are very sorry to hear that you are having issues with your NF-A14 fan.
Since the fan is obviously no longer working, we'll send out a replacement on Friday, please expect a delivery time of 7-14 days.

Can you please tell us the lot code of the fan, which is printed in white on the side of the frame? Thanks!

After you've received the replacement fan, please take the defective fan and break off one of it's fan blades. Then take a photo of the broken fan next your ID card and send it to us as a reply to the original ticket. This way we can avoid you the hassle that you have to send back the old fan.

Thanks for your cooperation!

Kind regards,
Andreas Karner
Noctua support team

I was so impressed.  Good for you, Noctua.  A $27 fan, replaced without question. 13 minute response and product shipped the next day.  You couldn't ask for better service. Outstanding. :)

I will, without a doubt remain a long time loyal customer.  Posted this simply because I was impressed by how quickly they're handling this.  If you're considering a company that backs its products up, consider Noctua. :)

i7 6700k // H110i GTX, 4xNoctua 140mm Industrial 3k // Asus Z170 Pro Gaming // 8GB 2400mhz // MSI GTX 970 // Enthoo Pro M

Noctua really is one of the better companies in terms of customer service out there. The products are made well, and if anything goes wrong, there is no hassle. I wish all companies were ran like that. Unfortunately, almost every other company (not just in the tech community) usually has horrible customer service. There are luckily many good ones out there.

best fans out there with the best customer support. +1 noctua

Got some nf-f12s on my rad right now and they haven't missed a beat... great company, with some great products...

Cpu: Ryzen 2700 @ 4.0Ghz | Motherboard: Hero VI x370 | Gpu: EVGA RTX 2080 | Cooler: Custom Water loop | Ram: 16GB Trident Z 3000MHz

PSU: RM650x + Braided cables | Case:  painted Corsair c70 | Monitor: MSI 1440p 144hz VA | Drives: 500GB 850 Evo (OS)

Laptop: 2014 Razer blade 14" Desktop: http://imgur.com/AQZh2sj , http://imgur.com/ukAXerd

I need me some noctuas. The stock nzxt fan on my x41 is clicking :( 

Current PC: Origin Millennium- i7 5820K @4.0GHz | GTX 980Ti SLI | X99 Deluxe 

Please leave a response in my warranty thread below (your warranty experiences link)

3 minutes ago, afyeung said:

I need me some noctuas. The stock nzxt fan on my x41 is clicking :( 

NZXT warranty is really good too :) (9/9 according to the review left)

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

Noctua is a good example of what you pay for is what you get. I bet this service wouldn't apply for a $5 fan

Main System Specs:

• Intel Core i5 6500 3.2GHz CPU
  • Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H Motherboard
  • Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB 2400MHz, Gskill Ripjaws 8GB
  • Asus GTX 1060 Turbo
  • Kingston HyperX Savage 240GB SSD
  • Seagate 1TB NAS Grade HDD x2
  • Thermaltake NiC F3 Cooler
  • EVGA Supernova 750 G2 Power Supply
  • NZXT S340 Red/Black Case
  • Noctua NF-F12 Fan x2

Laptop Specs:

• Intel Pentium N3700 CPU
  • 4GB Kingston RAM
  • Intel HD Graphics
  • Windows 10 Home

Peripherals:

• Microsoft Wired 600 KB
  • Dell 2003 Mouse
  • HP Compaq LA2206x Monitor
  • Logitech X530 5.1 Speakers
  • Roland RH-5 Headphones

I agree, I have a pair of NF-F12's in my system and I love them. They're the best fans for radiators. 

Heres a story for you, a copy and past from another thread I made.

Spoiler

Okay kiddies, gather 'round the fire its story time.

Back in Oct? I ordered ...3 LTT edition fans, with the intention of replacing the orange parts with white when the Chromax products launched. I make sure everything is on the up and up that they will fit and how long they wil ltake to come out, I am assured "Soon"

So the weeks go by, im checking their product listings, their twitter, news anything to get an idea when they will be coming out, occasionally asking if they have any updates since this is a fairly minor product i doubt they are going to make a big deal over it, I keep getting assured "soon."

Early Jan comes around and I check their twitter and find out they released them and you can get them on Amazon.com. Great! I head over to amazon.ca being im in canada annnnnnnnd nothing...hmm okay, check Amazon.com. Sure enough they are there..but they wont ship to canada.

Okay fine, i know canada gets dicked around on this stuff alot so cool..lets see what they say, I ask when we are getting em, im told 3 weeks it'll be on Amazon.ca. Okay kinda blows but its reasonable and understandable. 

3 weeks come and go...still nothing. I go back to twitter again asking whats up, they apologize and let me know that its in amazons hands right now, but they give me a link to a Us site that will ship here...they want like $30 to ship here though. Thanks for trying to help Noctua but im not spending $50 on some silicon. (not that that is your fault of course you dont control shipping)

Another week or 2 goes by and once again I ask in they have any word from amazon, they say no and mention the previously mentioned site again, I say thank you but they wanted alot $30-$40 in shipping so I cant and they tell me oh no its understandable. at which point they tell me to email their Press Dept.

So I do, explain the above situation again, and they apologize and asking me what I need. I explain I need 2 boxes of white NA-SAVP1s and 1 box of white NA-SAV2s.

They confirm for my situation thats what i need and say it will be shipped out this week and will be there in 14 days. Nothing more

At this point  im thinking ..there is no way in hell they just gave me $30 in free product its going to be Cash on Demand when it arrives.

And then we reach today 14 days later, on the dot and I open up my mail box and what do I find...the 3 boxes of parts I need, all the way from Austria and it didn't1 cost me a single cent. 

gkDLf34.jpg

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

3 minutes ago, LinusTech said:

There's a reason that we partnered with Noctua on the LTT edition fans.

There are other excellent fans out there.

But Noctua is excellent fans made by excellent people as well..

Yep! I really agree with you....