Air Cooling or (costume) Watercooling in a Define R4/Define R2 XL

Hey guys for my 15th birthday i got 3000€ from my grandparents and 1500€ from my parents, then i was like fuck yeah i have 5k (i had 500€ on my bank account) but what am i'm going to with it? I know i'm going buy myself a new pc. So i was picking the parts (Part list :Define R4/R2 XL, Maximus VI Hero, I7 4770k,16 gb G.skill DDR3 2133 Ram ,Gtx 780 (which one is the best?) ,750 Watt Be quiet! Dark Power Pro 10 80+ Gold, 3 tb WD Green Drive, Samsung 840 pro 256 gb ssd and an Asus Blu-Ray Drive. Price Tag: About 1,8k ) But should i get Air Cooling or Watercooling? (On both the CPU and GPU) If go for air cooling i will take an Dark Rock (Pro?) 2 and the cooler that comes with card. But i dont know which parts are great for watercooling (costume not AIO)  So should i go watercooling and which parts should i take? (I want the pc to run silent and cool even under heavy loads ^^) For the budget i'd say max 1000€/1200$  (just  for the costume watercooling loop). So thanks for reading and helping me out on that one  :D 

Btw this is my first post on this forum and i'm german (pls no nazi jokes they really aren't funny) so my english isn't that great... pls don't hate on the noob  :ph34r: 

My Pc: Cpu: I7 4790k @ 4,8 Ghz @1,25 volts, Motherboard: Maximus VII Formula, Graphicscard: 2x Titan X @1,4 at stock voltage (soon to be replaced), Ram: 32 gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133 Cl 9, SSD: 2x 850 Pro 1 Tb in Raid 0, 2x Samsung 840 Evo 1 tb raid 1,, PSU: Corsair HXi Series 1000W 80+ Platinum, Case: H440. Soon to be watercooled again, maybe, probably, the Titans are too loud. 

Hey guys for my 15th birthday i got 3000€ from my grandparents and 1500€ from my parents, then i was like fuck yeah i have 5k (i had 500€ on my bank account) but what am i'm going to with it? I know i'm going buy myself a new pc. So i was picking the parts (Part list :Define R4/R2 XL, Maximus VI Hero, I7 4770k,16 gb G.skill DDR3 2133 Ram ,Gtx 780 (which one is the best?) ,750 Watt Be quiet! Dark Power Pro 10 80+ Gold, 3 tb WD Green Drive, Samsung 840 pro 256 gb ssd and an Asus Blu-Ray Drive. Price Tag: About 1,8k ) But should i get Air Cooling or Watercooling? (On both the CPU and GPU) If go for air cooling i will take an Dark Rock (Pro?) 2 and the cooler that comes with card. But i dont know which parts are great for watercooling (costume not AIO)  So should i go watercooling and which parts should i take? (I want the pc to run silent and cool even under heavy loads ^^) For the budget i'd say max 1000€/1200$  (just  for the costume watercooling loop). So thanks for reading and helping me out on that one  :D 

Btw this is my first post on this forum and i'm german (pls no nazi jokes they really aren't funny) so my english isn't that great... pls don't hate on the noob  :ph34r: 

No need to spend that much. I suggest you consider what you are going to use it for and then budget accordingly!

Do you mean the pc or the budget for the watercooling? (I always tougth watercooling is pricey as hell)

I'm going to use it for some gaming and and to do my homework ^^

My Pc: Cpu: I7 4790k @ 4,8 Ghz @1,25 volts, Motherboard: Maximus VII Formula, Graphicscard: 2x Titan X @1,4 at stock voltage (soon to be replaced), Ram: 32 gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133 Cl 9, SSD: 2x 850 Pro 1 Tb in Raid 0, 2x Samsung 840 Evo 1 tb raid 1,, PSU: Corsair HXi Series 1000W 80+ Platinum, Case: H440. Soon to be watercooled again, maybe, probably, the Titans are too loud. 

if you really want to spend it all go for full custom watercooling and maybe even phase change.

or if your think more monitors that go for air or prefilled liquid (monitors are kind of future proof)

- teamspeak.ltt-unofficial.com

- teamspeak.ltt-unofficial.net

- teamschnitzel.ltt-unofficial.com

- teamschnitzel.ltt-unofficial.net

cpu: Intel sandybridge-E 3930k @ 4.2Ghz

cooler: corsair h100 @ full speed push-pull

motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Extreme

gpu: 2x EVGA GTX660's & 1x EVGA GTX980

ssd: 2x samsung 256GB 840 pro raid 0

ssd: 1x samsung 1TB 840 evo

hdd: WD green 3TB

hdd: Seagate Barracuda 1TB (st1000dm003)

hdd: Seagate Barracuda 1TB (st31000520as)

psu: corsair ax1200i

ram: 8x 4GB corsair platinum @1866mhz

case: coolermaster cosmos II

monitors Main: 8x LG 22EA53 1080p 60hz

monitor Extra: 1xiiyama prolite G2773Hs 1080p 120hz 27"

keyboard: logitech g19

mouse: corsair m60

Lenovo T550

RaspBerry pi webserver:

Nas:

StatusOffline.

PC straight to the modem/router/switch/DHCP-Server/... with a 20cm (+-8inch) cat6a patch cable because same price as cat5.

ISP: Telenet (belgium)

Speed: 60Down-4Up (+- 45€/month)

ping to there servers: +-8ms

ping to other Belgians: +-12ms

- wheels for cosmos II

Here is a list of what you will need i will put together a watercooling setup and parts soon.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU:  Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($229.99 @ Amazon)
Motherboard:  Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD3H ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($148.99 @ NCIX US)
Memory:  G.Skill Sniper Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1866 Memory  ($139.08 @ NCIX US)
Storage:  Samsung 840 EVO 250GB 2.5" Solid State Disk  ($176.99 @ NCIX US)
Storage:  Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($85.98 @ Outlet PC)
Video Card:  Asus GeForce GTX 780 3GB Video Card  ($675.98 @ SuperBiiz)
Optical Drive:  Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer  ($16.98 @ Outlet PC)
Operating System:  Microsoft Windows 8 (OEM) (64-bit)  ($86.98 @ Outlet PC)
Monitor:  Acer H236HLbid 60Hz 23.0" Monitor  ($159.99 @ Amazon)
Other: Corsair Rm series 750W ($129.00)
Other: Corsair 750D ($189.00)
Other: Custom loop Parts ($750.00)
Total: $2788.96
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-09-14 11:24 EDT-0400)

Wait for 16th birthday and get licence & buy a car xD

Nah, dont go all out just for gaming rig. Now is worth 2500 dollars, 2 years later only 1000.

Which parts will you use in your watercooling loop? Will they fit in an Define R4 or an Define R2 XL? (I love them so mutch!  B) ) And so you think an single 780 is enough for an 1440p monitor? (Asus PB278Q) 

if you really want to spend it all go for full custom watercooling and maybe even phase change.

or if your think more monitors that go for air or prefilled liquid (monitors are kind of future proof)

I'm on an single 1440p monitor because i dont like having multiple monitors (Cause then i would have to go Sli or Crossfire and i dont like Sli or Crossfire) And  if i dont have to spend that mutch (If it still runs silent and cool) i won't

A single 780 will rock your world in any game currently Availeble, and upcoming titles aswell, on a single monitor 1080p monitor. 1440p does require quite a bit more power, but a 780 should have no trouble. Might wonna tinger with the AA(anti-aliasing).

Watercooling you should be able to do a full loop for around 350-400 euro's. (With quality parts)

Everyone have a cool signature. I don't, so I thought I would write something.

- Cool right?

Maybe you should concider buying a custom loop "package". For CPU and GPU. I know XSPC have got some good ones for the pricing.

Everyone have a cool signature. I don't, so I thought I would write something.

- Cool right?

Watercooling (costum loops) are alot off bragging rights. Ofcourse they do dramaticly help the tempatures, but those tempatures aren't in a need to be that low. That said, yes I would go for costum loop if I had the money for it. 

AMD is about to launch their new GPUs off the 9000 series. There are only speculations off the specs. But if we can take the specs that were 'leaked' with a grain off salt, they do look promising. 

If you only game and do homework, well - don't go balls to the wall. 

You said you currently have a 1440p monitor? Could you please give me the exact model off that screen? Aswell what else do you have, mouse/keyboard/headphones? We can give you maybe some better options for those.  

We can build basicly anything with your budget, but you really need to be carefull, it's always very tempting to spend more money then you have too because you got the money, while you won't actually make any use off it. 

NZXT Phantom windowed, Asus Z77 Sabertooth, Intel 2600K, Noctua NH-D14, EVGA 780 Classified, Crucial Ballistic Tactical, Crucial M4 128GB + Samsung 850 EVO, Corsair RM850, Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty Peripherals: Sennheiser HD598, FinalMouse Classic, SteelSeries Qck Heavy, Ducky Shine Zero (MX Brown), AOC G2460PF & Qnix QX2710

Build Log: Phantom - Antique Noctua

Watercooling (costum loops) are alot off bragging rights. Ofcourse they do dramaticly help the tempatures, but those tempatures aren't in a need to be that low. That said, yes I would go for costum loop if I had the money for it. 

AMD is about to launch their new GPUs off the 9000 series. There are only speculations off the specs. But if we can take the specs that were 'leaked' with a grain off salt, they do look promising. 

If you only game and do homework, well - don't go balls to the wall. 

You said you currently have a 1440p monitor? Could you please give me the exact model off that screen? Aswell what else do you have, mouse/keyboard/headphones? We can give you maybe some better options for those.  

We can build basicly anything with your budget, but you really need to be carefull, it's always very tempting to spend more money then you have too because you got the money, while you won't actually make any use off it. 

I have the Asus PB278Q (My uncle gave it to me 2 weeks ago)  For my Headphones/Headset i have a pair of Berdynamic Custome One Pro (for music/movies...) And a pair of Vengance 2000 (for gaming) My Keyboard is an Razer Black Widow Ultimate 2013 (but that one with the Brown switches) For the mouse i have an Deathadder 2013.  Is an 240mm in the front, 280mm (slim), an 120 (<45mm) in the bottom and an 120mm in the rear enough ? (That's everthing i can fit inside a Define R2 XL ^^) And if it is which rads would you recommend? I don't know too mutch about watercooling so it would be nice if you (or anybody else) could tell me which parts i should get ^^

Which parts will you use in your watercooling loop? Will they fit in an Define R4 or an Define R2 XL? (I love them so mutch!  B) ) And so you think an single 780 is enough for an 1440p monitor? (Asus PB278Q) 

It's enough.

I'm on an single 1440p monitor because i dont like having multiple monitors (Cause then i would have to go Sli or Crossfire and i dont like Sli or Crossfire) And  if i dont have to spend that mutch (If it still runs silent and cool) i won't

Extra monitors take very little resources if you aren't a gaming across them.

Fyi, you might want to use Pcpartpicker to compose a list.

From what I see from your parts list so far, you're spending too much on parts that won't improve gaming performance.

I'd recommend taking enough just for a good gaming pc and saving the rest for when you actually need it.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

I just did that partpicker thing here is the link:http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1E5dX

I already added most of the costume loop but i still need some help with the fluiads d and the fittings. What fluid should i use? What fittings will i need? I have rads inside (280mm 30mm,240mm 86mm,and 120mm 86mm) will that be enough to get sub 50 temps on the gpu (heavy load)? Atm the loop cost about 790$ (42% of the whole pc) which is just fine ^_^

I just did that partpicker thing here is the link:http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1E5dX

You should be using the version for germany of pcpartpicker: http://de.pcpartpicker.com/parts/partlist/

Regarding your build: 

16GB ram is overkill. 8GB is plenty for gaming.

A 4670k will pretty much be just as good as the 4770k for gaming.

Why get the Maximus HGero? If you want good sound, get a cheaper mobo and a dedicated sound card. 

Caviar greens don't perform well. you should be getting a seagate barracuda and a ssd. 

Psu is overkill. No need for platinum--a bronze psu will do the job just fine. 

I already added most of the costume loop but i still need some help with the fluiads d and the fittings. What fluid should i use? What fittings will i need? I have rads inside (280mm 30mm,240mm 86mm,and 120mm 86mm) will that be enough to get sub 50 temps on the gpu (heavy load)? Atm the loop cost about 790$ (42% of the whole pc) which is just fine ^_^

You should make a topic on the watercooling section for some more in-depth help.

Fyi, you need to quote a post or tag a member or else they won't get a notification you replied to them.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

You should be using the version for germany of pcpartpicker: http://de.pcpartpicker.com/parts/partlist/

Regarding your build: 

16GB ram is overkill. 8GB is plenty for gaming.

A 4670k will pretty much be just as good as the 4770k for gaming.

Why get the Maximus HGero? If you want good sound, get a cheaper mobo and a dedicated sound card. 

Caviar greens don't perform well. you should be getting a seagate barracuda and a ssd. 

Psu is overkill. No need for platinum--a bronze psu will do the job just fine. 

You should make a topic on the watercooling section for some more in-depth help.

Fyi, you need to quote a post or tag a member or else they won't get a notification you replied to theIb

I know that some pats are overkill but if you had the worst pc ever for 3 years you really want these neat little things. Also i'm not on tigth budget ^^. I will get the Maximus VI Hero because of the look ^^ (Jk i'm just an Asus fanboy and i don't like that golde thing going on with the mainstream series.) For the Green drive in one of his vids Linus says that WD green aren't that bad anymore (And i will rather have less performance then a loud hdd) As far as it goes for the Psu i just want it because it sounds nice xD. I know these are probably the worst reasons to overkill on hardware but it is true :D

I know that some pats are overkill but if you had the worst pc ever for 3 years you really want these neat little things. Also i'm not on tigth budget ^^. I will get the Maximus VI Hero because of the look ^^ (Jk i'm just an Asus fanboy and i don't like that golde thing going on with the mainstream series.) For the Green drive in one of his vids Linus says that WD green aren't that bad anymore (And i will rather have less performance then a loud hdd) As far as it goes for the Psu i just want it because it sounds nice xD. I know these are probably the worst reasons to overkill on hardware but it is true :D

Yeah..those are some pretty darn bad reasons. There are better alternatives you know and many other 'neat little things'.

Have you taken a look at the G45 Gaming? 

If you want a quiet drive, you should get getting a WD Red 3TB because they come with extra robust enclosures that make them very quiet.

i just realized that i forgot to sdd the ssd to the part picker I will be taking an 256gb 840 pro.

i just realized that i forgot to sdd the ssd to the part picker I will be taking an 256gb 840 pro.

840 pro is useless for most people. Get a 840 evo or a regular 840.