Only can edit topic one

AlbinoTexan
Go to solution Solved by colonel_mortis,

This issue has been reported to IPS (the forum software developers) by someone else, and it looks like they've figured out the cause, so hopefully it will be fixed in an upcoming release.

So I'm on iPad and if I make a comment like a reply to a post I can edit it one time

after that edit it won't let me save the edit. Refreshing doesn't help.

im on chrome in my iPad 

"Television brainwashing the youth"

"Politicians won't tell us the truth"

When you click save, does nothing happen, does the save button disable, or do you get an error page?

HTTP/2 203

Just now, colonel_mortis said:

When you click save, does nothing happen, does the save button disable, or do you get an error page?

Nothing happens. I can click it over and over and nothing. And a refresh after comfirms that it didn't save.

2 minutes ago, AlbinoTexan said:

Nothing happens. I can click it over and over and nothing. And a refresh after comfirms that it didn't save.

Is it just one post, or several?

HTTP/2 203

It happens all day. Just now on my topic bout my cpu and on the post about the comic giveaway. I can try again to see if it happens again

3 minutes ago, colonel_mortis said:

I just tested it and it let me edit the post 4 times and then it stopped letting me. But before it was after the first time.

16 minutes ago, AlbinoTexan said:

I just tested it and it let me edit the post 4 times and then it stopped letting me. But before it was after the first time.

Are you trying to edit the first post in a thread or a reply?

I don't have an iPad to test it personally, but I will see what I can do to look into it. If it's only doing that intermittently, that's a really weird issue though.

HTTP/2 203

11 minutes ago, colonel_mortis said:

Are you trying to edit the first post in a thread or a reply?

I don't have an iPad to test it personally, but I will see what I can do to look into it. If it's only doing that intermittently, that's a really weird issue though.

The reply

I hate to hijack the issue here, but this has been happening to me lately too, a lot actually, but on a desktop and my Moto G. Sometimes it just doesn't work without messages/errors, but mostly this comes up:

UDgGS4P.png

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

2 hours ago, Albatross said:

I hate to hijack the issue here, but this has been happening to me lately too, a lot actually, but on a desktop and my Moto G. Sometimes it just doesn't work without messages/errors, but mostly this comes up:

UDgGS4P.png

That sounds like a separate issue. Are you sure that the post was still there, and the thread hadn't been moved, merged or removed? 

HTTP/2 203

3 hours ago, colonel_mortis said:

That sounds like a separate issue. Are you sure that the post was still there, and the thread hadn't been moved, merged or removed? 

Yup, made sure the post was still there after I got the message three times. Still is there.

Post.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

40 minutes ago, Albatross said:

Yup, made sure the post was still there after I got the message three times. Still is there.

Post.

Is it only that post, or have you had it on other posts too? And have you ever managed to edit that post? 

HTTP/2 203

3 hours ago, colonel_mortis said:

Is it only that post, or have you had it on other posts too? And have you ever managed to edit that post? 

Other posts too. More in that thread, and some posts in the PC gaming sub-forum as well as some posts in the news section. However that post I linked to was the first time I was given the message instead of just refusing to allow me to edit it.

On 25/02/2016 at 10:15 PM, AlbinoTexan said:

The reply

I can't reproduce this using an iOS emulator. Are you sure you left it long enough to submit? There's no visual indicator when it's saving, so it might not look like it's working, but it's just taking a few seconds to save.

15 hours ago, Albatross said:

Other posts too. More in that thread, and some posts in the PC gaming sub-forum as well as some posts in the news section. However that post I linked to was the first time I was given the message instead of just refusing to allow me to edit it.

That message does indicate that something has gone wrong - either the site was momentarily down, you didn't have an internet connection, or the thread/post had been removed.

HTTP/2 203

OP when editing wait 20 seconds after pressing edit

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

Just now, thekeemo said:

Please keep all your responses in one thread to make it easier to track.

HTTP/2 203

Im talking to the OP of this thread

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

10 minutes ago, thekeemo said:

Im talking to the OP of this thread

Ah, sorry. I completely misinterpreted your post.

HTTP/2 203

1 hour ago, thekeemo said:

well it seems it wont let me edit it at all. i cam back to the same post to try to test it for colonel yesterday, and it did not let me edit it. so that was probably like a god 10-30 min wait

1 hour ago, colonel_mortis said:

humm it might be the google chrome app causing it?

8 hours ago, colonel_mortis said:

That message does indicate that something has gone wrong - either the site was momentarily down, you didn't have an internet connection, or the thread/post had been removed.

Oh, okay. It might have been the site going down for a bit then, because I know it wasn't my internet going out or my posts being removed (as they are still there).

9 hours ago, AlbinoTexan said:

well it seems it wont let me edit it at all. i cam back to the same post to try to test it for colonel yesterday, and it did not let me edit it. so that was probably like a god 10-30 min wait

humm it might be the google chrome app causing it?

Does it work in safari?

HTTP/2 203

4 hours ago, colonel_mortis said:

Does it work in safari?

no clue i can't test that

51 minutes ago, AlbinoTexan said:

no clue i can't test that

You should be able too, all (if not most) apple devices have safari somewhere. If you have deleted it somehow then....

Just now, IsaacDaGrazin said:

You should be able too, all (if not most) apple devices have safari somewhere. If you have deleted it somehow then....

i am jailbroken and got this tweak cydelete and it lets you delete any app. i used it to get rid of stock apps i never used and well, i accidently deleted safari. thats why i just use chrome.

This issue has been reported to IPS (the forum software developers) by someone else, and it looks like they've figured out the cause, so hopefully it will be fixed in an upcoming release.

HTTP/2 203