My planned built

ausgebombt85

It really depends on the components. The critical mass of the computer (Mobo, CPU, GPU) is a lot pricier here (round a 100 dollars extra for each), RAM is like 30 to 50 bucks extra too, so having it brought here by a friend means massive savings (from 400 to 600 dollars total in savings); having it imported (ie. paying shipping) is still more convenient, but i'm afraid of product handling by the courier.

The case is also like 100 dollars extra here, but shipping it from abroad will surely cover that difference in rates & taxes, so tdoesn't make a lot of sense to me to worry about it

If I can be convinced that shipping from the States will be handled with care; I will most likely purchase internationally, it will save me round 60 to 70 bucks per product (calculating a 20-30 dollars shipping rate & taxes). But for that I need to speak with some nationals that have imported stuff before

Is amazon alright for shipping?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Is amazon alright for shipping?

Yeah, depends on the product; most I've found only ship within US ground. Easiest solution for me: PO Box in Miami (its free until you actually buy something and need to have it shipped to where you are).

Thing is tho, I've made some calculations with sample products like CPU, GPU, and Mobo and I'm finding that, after taxes (VAT here is 19.5 %, plus 6 % TLC although the Free Trade Agreement between Chile and the US dictates that Computer Parts are waivered from this tax, plus like 2 dollars for handling AND the comission for the PO Box) its the same that buying it locally. Actually, local stores may even receive some discounts because of mass imports.

So yeah! Right now it seems I either go with the products available locally or buy from Amazon, pay like a 25 % total surplus and cross my fingers for something that's not readily available here.

Both could work.

Let this be a lesson to international buyers everywhere, lol

Yeah, depends on the product; most I've found only ship within US ground. Easiest solution for me: PO Box in Miami (its free until you actually buy something and need to have it shipped to where you are).

Thing is tho, I've made some calculations with sample products like CPU, GPU, and Mobo and I'm finding that, after taxes (VAT here is 19.5 %, plus 6 % TLC although the Free Trade Agreement between Chile and the US dictates that Computer Parts are waivered from this tax, plus like 2 dollars for handling AND the comission for the PO Box) its the same that buying it locally. Actually, local stores may even receive some discounts because of mass imports.

So yeah! Right now it seems I either go with the products available locally or buy from Amazon, pay like a 25 % total surplus and cross my fingers for something that's not readily available here.

Hopefully peripherals and shipping won't be $1000.

Here's what I came up with: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1DZQI

Replace the H100i and case's stock fans with the sickleflows. 2 in front and 1 in rear. Crossfire ready. 

How's it look? Maybe micro atx would help with shipping.

What kind of peripherals do you need?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Looks great man, thanks!

Very down to earth. I haven't looked much in the direction of MAtx. I ju know they don't have more than 2 (sometimes 1) PCI ports. Are they stripped from any other functionality? Do they work well for gaming?

Peripherals: I'm just looking for keyboard, mouse (found a good deal on the CM Devastator kit), BluRay R DVD RW (LG is the cheapest here), monitor (my brother in law just gave me his old L1960TR LG monitor, so I'm good on that) and that's about it I'd think

Looks great man, thanks!

Very down to earth. I haven't looked much in the direction of MAtx. I ju know they don't have more than 2 (sometimes 1) PCI ports. Are they stripped from any other functionality? Do they work well for gaming?

Peripherals: I'm just looking for keyboard, mouse (found a good deal on the CM Devastator kit), BluRay R DVD RW (LG is the cheapest here), monitor (my brother in law just gave me his old L1960TR LG monitor, so I'm good on that) and that's about it I'd think

Matx can pretty much doe everything you need nowadays unless you want to triple or quad sli or something like that.

Are you interested/have tried mech keys before? Why Bluray drive? 

That is an old display ._. You should really be getting a nice IPS panel. No point having good specs and terrible peripherals. http://pcpartpicker.com/part/acer-monitor-h236hlbid

I will be getting a better display :) Particularly the 23'' LG 23EA53VQ. The lended monitor just saves me some money while I POST the MB, install software and get everything set up.

Bluray drive to play movies and/or hook up my PC to a TV and play movies with it.

Have never tried mech keys, would love to. I need to go down to the store and try them out.