worldwide smartphone sales grew 9.7% year-to-year; MicroSoft saw a 50% market share loss

zMeul

source: https://www.gartner.com/newsroom/id/3215217

Global sales of smartphones to end users totaled 403 million units in the fourth quarter of 2015, a 9.7 percent increase over the same period in 2014, according to Gartner, Inc. However, this was their slowest growth rate since 2008. In 2015 as a whole, smartphone sales reached 1.4 billion units, an increase of 14.4 percent from 2014. 
“Low-cost smartphones in emerging markets, and strong demand for premium smartphones, continued to be the driving factors,” said Anshul Gupta, research director at Gartner. “An aggressive pricing from local and Chinese brands in the midrange and entry-level segments of emerging markets led to consumers upgrading more quickly to affordable smartphones.” 
Mr. Gupta said that 85 percent of users in the emerging Asia/Pacific market are replacing their current midrange phone with the same category of phone. In addition, currency devaluations against the U.S. dollar in many emerging markets are putting further margin pressure on many vendors that import devices. Current market conditions are prompting some vendors to consider setting up manufacturing operations in India and Indonesia to avoid being hit by future unfavorable currency devaluations and high import taxes. 
In the fourth quarter of 2015, Samsung and Huawei were the only two top-five smartphone vendors to increase their sales to end users (see Table 1). Apple suffered its first decline in sales of smartphones — iPhone sales were down 4.4 percent.

jKrClHX.pngbNUTZXa.png

oh, poor MicroSoft ... NOT!

over this last year+, what did MS do on the smartphone market?! they dragged the feet, and continue to do so, on W10 Mobile launch

if they continue this trend, in couple of years MS won't even have a market share to worry about

So, Windows Phone is even less popular now?

Awesome. More security through obscurity for me.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Remember when windows phone had the big market share, along with black berry.

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

To be fair, in Eastern Canada at least, there's only 1 provider from whom you can get a Windows Phone: Bell. I'd rather get my dick cut off and turned into sausage then use Bell as a carrier again.

remember when bb didn't consider the iPhone as threat? or when balmer laughed at it?

good times, good times

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

2 hours ago, Trik'Stari said:

So, Windows Phone is even less popular now?

Awesome. More security through obscurity for me.

wouldn't it be better to pick up a bb10 device them? looking at that 0.2% marketshare

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Just now, suicidalfranco said:

wouldn't it be better to pick up a bb10 device them? looking at that 0.2% marketshare

Aren't blackberry devices used by certain security services? That's fairly high profile.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Just now, suicidalfranco said:

BB have moved from their proprietary OS to Android

Just now, zMeul said:

BB have moved from their proprietary OS to Android

still is supported by bb

1 minute ago, Trik'Stari said:

Aren't blackberry devices used by certain security services? That's fairly high profile.

but haven't read of successful attacks at it so far, so they must be doing something good or they're just that obscure

I guess they still have a chance with Surface Phone if they make it work smooth with mobile OS and it's store. They need to push that and results can be expected.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |