PrioVR is a full body VR Kit works alongside the Oculus Rift, “8x faster than Kinect”

ExDreamer

One of the odd things about using an Oculus Rift is the disconnect between the very immediate and naturalistic input of head tracking and the abstraction of hitting A to jump. A new Kickstarter by Yei Technology is setting out to remedy this problem by making a full body harness that’s bristling with sensors, to translate your full body movements into virtual environments.

Yei Technologies have set their sights at $225,000 dollars to get the Kickstarter off the ground, ~$40,000 of which they’ve made after about a week. The sensor suit is being made in two models for the Kickstarter, a lite version with 11 sensors and a pro version with 17, which will set you back $450 and $650 dollars respectively. Not cheap, even compared to the Oculus Rift, however unlike the Rift, both versions of the sensor suits are completely wireless.

c56756934e1cdaa2767599e317ac4074_largeVG

Source: http://www.vg247.com/2013/09/10/priovr-is-a-full-body-vr-kit-on-kickstarter-that-works-with-the-oculus-rift-8x-faster-than-kinect/

looks pretty cool, how are you supposed to run though? somebody is bound to hit a wall

Virtuix Omni?

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball

Yeah it would have to be better implemented in my opinion. 

well if they were to bundle this, the omni and occulus rift for $2000 then you'd have arguably the most immersive experience ever O.o although you'd need the game to have some sort of interaction between your voice and the enemies, maybe some kind of voice recognition software built into the game ^_^

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball

...wow, virtual reality gaming just keeps getting better and better. It just popped into my head that to setup full virtual reality gaming experience is going to take some time lol. Assemble the Omni, wear the PrioVR, then clamp self up in the omni then wear the Oculust rift. I wonder how many people would buy all those gear just to go back to keyboard and mouse due to laziness lol.

Pretty awesome.  Basically a portable accurate motion capture... I'm in!  I would use a couple on weapons

They will be lowering the price and moving up the date to MAY 2014!  (effective tomorrow)

My Rigs (past and present)

They'll have to fix the stuttering a bit, unless they leave that to the developers... but it does needs some more frame blending for it to be realistic. If they can fix that, I'm all in for it! Omni, Occulus and PrioVR. Soon we'll have some awesome VR experience available!

Cheers,

Linus

I think by implement this with rift,it might cure simulation sickness that some peoples have right now.

Hi, YEI Technology has updated the prices and delivery dates for the Lite and Pro suits.

The PrioVR Lite was originally $425, which will now be available for $349; and the PrioVR Pro was originally $625, which will now be available for $399.
The PrioVR systems will also be ready to be shipped by the end of May 2014, as opposed to September 2014.

For more information about PrioVR or the Kickstarter project, don't hesitate to reach out to us!