Go to first unread

Isocadia
Go to solution Solved by colonel_mortis,
9 hours ago, lots of unexplainable lag said:

I'm going to bump this. Every single other forum I go to has a settings menu option thingemajigger that makes it possible to just click on the thread's title, and you go to the first unread post in that thread. If it's an entirely new thread, it would (of course) just go to the first post. It's a super handy feature that this forum needs.

The dot (star if you're replied to the topic) next to the topic title will take you to the first unread post if you click it.

I have no idea whether this has already been stated, or that I am just to blind to find it, but I would love to see the "Go to first unread post" button in topics again. I'm having a lot of trouble to resume reading threads since I can't remember where I left off :P

Isocadia

Use the following style specs for your profile!
Specs:
Screeninator: ASUS GTX970 STRIX
Powermathingy: Corsair AX760
Stickaminator: Kingston HyperX 16GB (2x8GB) 1600MHz Blue
Procrastinator: Intel i5 3570K (stock)
Holdametalicizor: Corsair Obsidian 750D
Noisoundacreator: Sennheiser HD 558
Attatchamajiggy: MSI Z77A-G45 (SUCKS)
Remembrerthing: 750GB Samsung 840 EVO (3x250GB)
Flat-Colorful-Thing: Iiyama craptron 2000
See-A-Move-O: Corsair M45
ButtonBoard: Corsair Vengeance K70 (Browns)

For now you can use dot or star in front of thread title in listing. It's unknown if button within thread comes back.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

• 2 weeks later...

I'm going to bump this. Every single other forum I go to has a settings menu option thingemajigger that makes it possible to just click on the thread's title, and you go to the first unread post in that thread. If it's an entirely new thread, it would (of course) just go to the first post. It's a super handy feature that this forum needs.

Ye ole' train

30 minutes ago, lots of unexplainable lag said:

Old mobile used to do that. Problem was that if you mark forum read and later want to go to OP for some thread. Marking forum/thread read means that first unread is first new post after you marking them read. Clicking title is intuitive way to go for OP.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

9 hours ago, lots of unexplainable lag said:

The dot (star if you're replied to the topic) next to the topic title will take you to the first unread post if you click it.

HTTP/2 203

I have been using the dot for a while, and I don't miss the "go to first unread" button at all. Seems the perfect solution for quick access to both OP and first unread.

Use the following style specs for your profile!
Specs:
Screeninator: ASUS GTX970 STRIX
Powermathingy: Corsair AX760
Stickaminator: Kingston HyperX 16GB (2x8GB) 1600MHz Blue
Procrastinator: Intel i5 3570K (stock)
Holdametalicizor: Corsair Obsidian 750D
Noisoundacreator: Sennheiser HD 558
Attatchamajiggy: MSI Z77A-G45 (SUCKS)
Remembrerthing: 750GB Samsung 840 EVO (3x250GB)
Flat-Colorful-Thing: Iiyama craptron 2000
See-A-Move-O: Corsair M45
ButtonBoard: Corsair Vengeance K70 (Browns)