Laptop for mother: Should I get a used C2D Macbook or Lenovo 100S

Better cheapo laptop?  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Better choice?

• Lenovo 100S
    • Macbook Core 2Duo Used

Thinking of getting a laptop for my mother (she is a tech noobie and it will be for word processing, news web surfing, and occassionally Youtube. 

My budget is around $150.

I was thinking of getting either the Lenovo 100S:

http://shop.lenovo.com/us/en/laptops/ideapad/100-series/100s-11-inch/

or a used C2D Macbook: 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Apple-MacBook-Laptop-A1181-Core-2-Duo-120gb-HD-/172099376105?hash=item2811ec13e9:g:b10AAOSwe7BWvg8b

Core i7 2700K Oc'ed 4.4 Ghz, EVGA GTX 970 ACX 2.0 SC'ed, 16 GB DDR3 RAM, 240 GB Intel 730 SSD and 2 TB 7200 RPM HDD, Zalman Z9 plus case with 7 blue LED fans, Windows 10 Preview 

Macbook if you want a better processor and a larger HDD, Ideapad if you want a better screen and more modern system

My Build: Phoenix

Processor: Intel i7 4770k, Motherboard: Asus Z97-P RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB GPU: MSI GTX 1050TI OC Case: Corsair ICUE 4000X, Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB + 500GB + 2TB HDD PSU: Corsair RM750, Cooling: Corsair H100i Capellix, 

If you want to talk to me or give me an answer, please tag me otherwise you'll be talking to thin air ❤️

i would go with the macbook because of the reasons stated by sissj also sense its for your mother apple os are very easy to understand

Yes the MacBook has a better processor and bigger HDD, but none of those will matter for just word processing, web browsing, and YouTube. The CPU on the Lenovo is more than adequate, while the SSD will feel much snappier and it will get MUCH better battery life.

"Rawr XD"