Time for a Bell rant!

megadarkwood

Ok, I just have to get this out of my system.

Oh bell. I know that you guys that have bell can relate, Bell Fibe Internet just SUCKS!

Here are the reasons:

• They make you use their router/modem. THAT SUCKS POOP!
  • Never get promised speeds
  • BAD support

First off, they don't let you use your own router? What the heck? It wouldn't be that bad if the router was actually decent, the router is passively cooled, this causes it to overheat as soon as you start adding a little bit of load onto it. I literally can't play LoL without my router overheating and crashing.

Secondly, I pay for 25/15 internet, which is crazy expensive as I never actually get that UPLOAD speed, the download speed gets to 25mbps though, so that's fine:

2953257107.png

Support, don't bother with calling Bell. They will tell you to do random things that never work and they will never send a technician to come and help or check the problem.

Thanks for reading and I know that I am not good at writing/typing. I am really bad with this stuff.

Sorry and thanks! :D

Main Rig: -FX8150 -32gb Kingston HyperX BLUE -120gb Kingston HyperX SSD -1TB WD Black -ASUS R9 270 DCUII OC -Corsair 300r -Full specs on Profile

Other Devices: -One Plus One 64gb Sandstone Black -Canon T5 -Moto G -Pebble Smartwatch -Nintendo 2DS -G27 Racing Wheel

#PlugYourStuff - 720penis - 1080penis - #KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #HashtagsAreALifestyle - CAR BOUGHT: 2010 Corolla

I get 124 down and 56 up

peasant. 

#KilledMyWife 

LTT's Resident Black Star

I should get an award for still being here at this point 

are you perhaps running this on wifi or is it just crap?

Cpu: Intel core i5 4570 gpu: gtx 770 case: cm storm enforcer psu: xfx pro 550w motherboard: asus b85m-g ssd: samsung 120gb hdd: wd caviar blue 1tb ram: kingston hyperx blu 8gb 1600mhz mouse: razer deathadder monitor: some decent samsung 19" keyboard: CM Storm TK Blue

I get the same with Shaw. My upload speed is 1Mb/s at most, and download speed is the promised speed for 5 seconds, then drops rapidly. 

Canadian internet providers just don't feel the need to upgrade their service at all, it's annoying.

Case-NZXT H440 | Motherboard-Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H | RAM-Kingston HyperX Blue 2x8GB 1600MHz | CPU-Intel 3770K @ 4.3GHz at 1.215v | Heatsink-Coolermaster Hyper212 Evo | GPU-EVGA GTX660 SC | SSD-MX200 250GB | HDD-Seagate Barracuda 3TB | PSU-EVGA GS650

Mouse-Logitech G600 | Keyboard-Ducky Shine 3 MX Blue. white backlight | Headphones-Audiotechnica ATH-M50s. Beyerdynamic DT990

are you perhaps running this on wifi or is it just crap?

When I use a wired connection I still get the sames speeds and problems.

Main Rig: -FX8150 -32gb Kingston HyperX BLUE -120gb Kingston HyperX SSD -1TB WD Black -ASUS R9 270 DCUII OC -Corsair 300r -Full specs on Profile

Other Devices: -One Plus One 64gb Sandstone Black -Canon T5 -Moto G -Pebble Smartwatch -Nintendo 2DS -G27 Racing Wheel

#PlugYourStuff - 720penis - 1080penis - #KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #HashtagsAreALifestyle - CAR BOUGHT: 2010 Corolla

Oh boohoo, only 22.79 Mb/s from the promised 25

its not the download speed like I said. Its the upload speed. 10mbps less is a big difference.

its not the download speed like I said. Its the upload speed. 10mbps less is a big difference.

I pay for 24/1 and I get 7/0.5 tyty

I pay for 24/1 and I get 7/0.5 tyty

You're hardcore dude... I pay for 25/3, I get 30/5. :D

I like the color scheme of Noctua fans. Deal with it. Forget about the bad memories of the past.

"wunder you really are as straight as a rainbow" - Lanoi "can I fisterino your nose" - WunderWuffle

Forget about the bad memories of the past, take the good ones along with you through the present, and look forwards to the good things that will come in the future.

Paying for 25/15 means you can speeds UP TO 25/15. This is how internet packages work. Looking over the Bell site, you have a 25/10 package so your upload speed is more than adequate.

You may also have a old modem setup and I would say call Bell to get a new one. Most of the time it's a free upgrade. I've never heard of a router/modem combo heating up on a load.. They are naturally warm.

X-10 - 7980XE - Gigabyte Aorous Gaming 9 - 128GB GSkill TridentZ RGB - SLI Asus GTX 1080 TI Strix
Easy Desk GuideMalware Removal Guide - New mobo, Same OS Guide

Yeah usually upload speeds will take the biggest hit from whats advertised.

Yeah usually upload speeds will take the biggest hit from whats advertised.

Bell says on the site "With Bell FibeTM Internet, you can upload at speeds of up to 10 Mbps."

X-10 - 7980XE - Gigabyte Aorous Gaming 9 - 128GB GSkill TridentZ RGB - SLI Asus GTX 1080 TI Strix
Easy Desk GuideMalware Removal Guide - New mobo, Same OS Guide

Bell says on the site "With Bell FibeTM Internet, you can upload at speeds of up to 10 Mbps."

Yeah I get half of my advertised upload and more than the advertised download speeds. I thinks its just something we have to deal with until we get rid of all the copper.

I understand the op's frustration but it could be worse.

2953301745.png

Laws only govern the honest.

Ok, I just have to get this out of my system.

Oh bell. I know that you guys that have bell can relate, Bell Fibe Internet just SUCKS!

Here are the reasons:

• They make you use their router/modem. THAT SUCKS POOP!

I can definitely vouch for that. I recently made a post asking what to look for when shopping for routers. The Bell routers are so shit. I can't stand them anymore.

“The value of a college education is not the learning of many facts but the training of the mind to think”