Apacer AS330 Panther Giveaway

i really want a ssd in my pc because i currently run it from a 5 year old samsung hdd and i think it will die on me in the near future. and its slow. and i dont have 100 dollars for a 240gb ssd wich is the cost where i live (denmark) hope to win.

Post a comment below about why you want a new SSD or why you think everyone should have an SSD in their system. (1 comment/entry per person).

I want a new SSD because it is time to change my boot drive. I'm still using my WD Caviar 80gb. This would be an awesome upgrade for my rig. And also, everyone should have an SSD in their system because nobody wants the "click of death." :D

The load time and boot time reduction is insane with an SSD.

All Heil the glory of the SSD's!

Everyone should have one for a simple reason: reaction time for your operating system.

many mmo's even require the bandwith to loadin enough files to even login.

A must have for every pc and laptop.

As why i should win this? No reason really other then that SSD's are awesome! and everyone should get one.

(and ive been with 60gb since day1, an upgrade would be more then welcome).

I think I have a 7 year old system which I upgraded to windows 10.  I try to do work on this system, however the OS hard drive is too slow and I can't afford a new one.   So replacing the my hard drive with a SSD would be lovely.   would not have to wait to login to windows or a two minutes or more for  Photoshop.    

I'd love to get a ssd for my dad whose pc is still running on hard drives and takes forever to boot up

i would like to have one for my laptop to replace my HDD that works awfully bad

:D

I need more SSD space for The Division coming out next month this would be the perfect fix.

I can not think so much as for why "I" should win this. It just feels wrong, but i can say this: having never seen the Panther SSD until the Linus video of cable management, one can only imagine the awe on my face when i did see it. Aesthetically this looks beyond that of any the SSDs that I have seen and judging by my reaction, i may even be able to push this into first over the Intel skull! I've never owned an SSD, but have used them on various machines. It would be nice to own one, especially one that excels in looks and certainly does not cower to the other SSDs with a read/write time like that. I'm impressed, awesome hardware from Apacer.

So I think everyone should definitely be running with an SSD, for multiple reasons.
My biggest reason is, if computers would turn on faster, maybe people would shut their computers off more often, lets face it, most people don't, if everyone did that would be a lot of power saved over all those.

My other reason is reliability, I have had several HDD's fail in my family's pc's, and we have lost lots of family photos because of it, I'm more knowledgeable now, and have things setup differently, raids, backups, etc, but really not once has an SSD ever caused me an issue.

Also shout-out to Apacer, They solved a problem for me with one of their newer products.my case, the Cooler Master Storm Stryker, has a built in SSD hot-swap bay, but I could never really use it for anything, all my backups are run over ethernet to my usb HDD connected to my router, but I checked out the Apacer AS720 that was shown on linus video, I'm totally siked to get it one of these days, Now I can just throw it in, get the full use of that bay, and be able to take the drive with my laptop.

Afterthought: Can I have both hooked up at the same time? Can I use this to transfer files through the SSD from my pc to my laptop? as in can both sides be plugged in at once? Silly thought I know but it amused me none the less!

Edit: Hah, this turned into more of a geek-out than an entry for the contest, I had to think what I would use it for if I won afterwards, If I won this, I would most likely use it in either my laptop to replace the HDD in it, because moving parts just should NOT be in a laptop. Or I would throw it in my mother's old pc and use the thing as a server so i can practice, I'm working to become a web developer. Or my best bet, I might put it in my mother's current PC, I dunno, I'll figure it out then!

Edited by Sean_A91
Forgot some stuff!

im currently building a gaming pc after many inspirations from Linus, i am planning on doing an harddrive/ssd combo but i am planning to buy 1 or 2 intel ssd's but they are expensive, this will be absolutely perfect for me because i can use them in my build and it will help me out a lot... so far i only have the case and psu and the cpu watercooler is on its way...  i have a picture of my unfinished pc below (ignore the uncharted reflection in the window:P ) and i have decided to do this pc from many of Linus' helpful videos especially the one featuring the H440 case from NZXT which i used in my build :D

for those who want to know why i am building this pc it is because i am planning to start youtube and share my gaming MLG skillz with the world.. i currently have 23 subs but i need a good pc to game with... i am spending most of my savings on this pc because i want to go all in..  if you want to check out my channel please ask me for the name..

Thanks..

PC Specs it will have when finished:

Intel i7 5820k

Asus X99 Pro LGA-2011-3

HyperX Fury 32GB ram

Corsair H100i GTX

Corsair HX1200i

GTX 980Ti

1x 4TB WD Black HDD

i want 2x intel 730  480GB SSD but i hope to get those  Panther 240G SSDs !!!!

i also will use the  Asus PB287Q 4K as recommended by Linus as the best budget 4K display for gaming!

case.jpg

12696356_1026057634133538_1385635325_o.jpg

Would love to give this to my SO. She's stuck on an old, decrepit hdd. Unacceptable!

Main Rig:

Spoiler

To be upgraded...

CPU: i7 6700k @ 4.8 Ghz

COOLER: NZXT Kraken x61

GPU: Asus Strix 980ti

M.2: Samsung 960 evo 500gb

SSD: Samsung 850 evo 250gb

HDD: WD Black 3tb

PSU: Corsair RM1000

CASE: NZXT H440

HTPC:

Spoiler

Put together for about the equivalent of 200$

Will make a custom case buildlog when time allows.

CPU: i5 2320 @ 3.0 Ghz

COOLER: Noctua L9i

GPU: EVGA 950 SC

SSD: Samsung 850 evo

HDD: 2x WD Green 1tb

PSU: Some old noname shitbox

CASE: Some old HP shitbox

Of course I have an SSD in my system, which is on the lock screen before the monitor logo is done showing, but my little sister wanted to play minecraft with her friends when I am using my computer, so I decided to build her a small form factor PC.  Got a cheap CPU, 1333GHz RAM, and a motherboard all for ~$70.  Added an old graphics card I got from a friend when he upgraded to a R9 290.  I think it's an ATI 7450.  Runs minecraft better than a 7 year old can dream of.  The only problem:  2m boot time.  I salvaged an old HDD from a 2007 laptop with a shorted mainboard.  Fine cost-effective decision.  Not so fine of an experience afterwards.  I literally paced around my room until the system finally booted, waiting to install all of the drivers and download Minecraft and mods.  Now she comes and sits in my room, waiting for the system to start.  This is a conglomeration of my version of a cautionary tale of booting off of HDDs, the reason everyone needs an SSD, my statement of longing for an SSD for her system, and me just wanting to share this story.

I just built a new computer recently and it is my first. I don't really have a way to earn money so this would really save a lot of time-saving up allowance. 

I need a new SSD to get rid of my old 500GB HDD which is so old it's making ye olde death rattle :((

I currently have a HP 6550b (native serial port son) that has a spinning box of rust garbage in it still. I would happily smash that old drive into pieces, then set it on fire, and plug Apacer in a video if I was lucky enough to win one of these drives.

I want a new SSD because I am currently working on my first build. I decided to go with a Skylake/Nvidia build using a Core i7-6700 and a GTX 950 (Sorry couldn't afford anything more current but it should still get the job done) and the only component that sadly didn't make it into the build was an SSD. 

I got an old HDD in my current PC and a SSD would be a nice upgrade or if everything goes well this year it will be part of a new PC.

I want to upgrade my sister's notebook which is relatively mid-high end but with the crappy HDD it's like it's slowly dying on her everyday and she always complains about it. As i always say to anyone who complains about Windows slowing down, GET YOURSELF AN SSD YO (or something like that in my language)

Id really like to get a new ssd because me and my friend are saving money for buying a new pc for a friend so he can play with us in our lan party and a new ssd will decrese the coast heavly and will really help us

SSD's are amazing, I think everyone should own one, its huge step up from HDD's its almost as huge as me, HugeMadKitten :P

I want an SSD because i am working on saving up to build a gaming PC and this would help out alot!!

I think everyone should have an SSD in their system because it improves the overall responsiveness of the system by so much. It's also silent and more reliable. Once you go SSD, you never go back.

Thanks Apacer & LTT for this great giveaway!

I would love a SSD for in my completely new rig because without a SSD I will get bored of loading times.

I have an SSD in my main rig but I cringe every time I have to go out with my laptop and is annoyingly slow 5400 rpm HDD. An SSD would make the laptop so much more bearable.