Boombox/Ghettoblaster bluetooth projects

I was thinking of building a ghettoblaster/boombox bluetooth speaker into this old briefcase/case.

I was thinking of a 2.1 build using an amp something like this http://www.ebay.com/itm/Douk-Audio-HiFi-TPA3116-Bluetooth-4-0-Digital-Amplifier-2-1-Subwoofer-amp-Board-/272023476134?hash=item3f55dcd7a6:g:IlQAAOSwA4dWKFp1

and I could maybe fit two 5" drivers and one 8" or something along those lines. Also adding a way to charge a phone from it would be nice.

So suggestions for wiring, drivers ,amps etc.

Here are few pics of the briefcase and some kind of wiring plan I made(very bad one).

Ps. Also suggestions for good places to buy drivers and other supplies in Europe maybe from Germany to ship to Finland

IMG_20160131_192100.jpg

IMG_20160131_192129.jpg

Wiring.png

I would love to get feedback and advices on how to build it because I'm not an electrician or amazing with electronics. Help is much appriciated

Hey, ya know if you want a cheaper bluetooth amp, this one would be the one to get...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/50W-50W-TDA7492P-CSR8635-Bluetooth-4-0-Audio-Receiver-Digital-Amplifier-Board-/331657719290?hash=item4d38572dfa:g:XUkAAOSwHjNV-ocB

Also, I am also building almost the same thing but onto a piece of wood so it can be a more than portable speaker.

My Rig:

Xeon E5 1680 V2 @ 4.5GHz - Asus Rampage IV Extreme X79 Mobo - 64GB DDR3 1600MHz - 8 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Low Profile - CAS 10-10-10-27 - AMD Radeon RX 6700XT Sapphire Pulse 12GB - DeepCool E-Shield E-ATX Tempered Glass Case - 1 x 1TB Crucial P1 NVMe SSD - BeQuiet Straight Power 11 850W Gold+ Quad rail - Fractal Design Celsius S36 & 6 x 120mm silent fans - Lenovo KBBH21 - Corsair Glaive RGB Pro - Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit

Monitors - 3 x Acer Nitro 23.8" 1080p 75Hz IPS 1ms Freesync Panels = AMD Eyefinity @ 75Hz

IMHO, you should forget about the subwoofer. First off, the case is way too small for it and secondly, encasing a subwoofer in the same box with the mids is a bad idea. The sub would make the cones on the mids resonate ruining the sound. Instead you should get quality mids and tweeters and go with that. 

13 hours ago, Brennan_Price said:

Hey, ya know if you want a cheaper bluetooth amp, this one would be the one to get...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/50W-50W-TDA7492P-CSR8635-Bluetooth-4-0-Audio-Receiver-Digital-Amplifier-Board-/331657719290?hash=item4d38572dfa:g:XUkAAOSwHjNV-ocB

Also, I am also building almost the same thing but onto a piece of wood so it can be a more than portable speaker.

11 hours ago, Naeaes said:

IMHO, you should forget about the subwoofer. First off, the case is way too small for it and secondly, encasing a subwoofer in the same box with the mids is a bad idea. The sub would make the cones on the mids resonate ruining the sound. Instead you should get quality mids and tweeters and go with that. 

Oh yeah then that amp Brenna_Prince suggested would be good, I have looked at it before. but the only thing is that I'm not sure how to wire up like two mids and tweeters to that

4 hours ago, Artsi23 said:

Oh yeah then that amp Brenna_Prince suggested would be good, I have looked at it before. but the only thing is that I'm not sure how to wire up like two mids and tweeters to that

*Brennan_Price. Anyway, you could just hook up the tweeters and mids to the same output. It wont give you as good surround or anything but if the speaker/boom-box is needed for partied and things, you sure will be able to cover a large area of people.

My Rig:

Xeon E5 1680 V2 @ 4.5GHz - Asus Rampage IV Extreme X79 Mobo - 64GB DDR3 1600MHz - 8 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Low Profile - CAS 10-10-10-27 - AMD Radeon RX 6700XT Sapphire Pulse 12GB - DeepCool E-Shield E-ATX Tempered Glass Case - 1 x 1TB Crucial P1 NVMe SSD - BeQuiet Straight Power 11 850W Gold+ Quad rail - Fractal Design Celsius S36 & 6 x 120mm silent fans - Lenovo KBBH21 - Corsair Glaive RGB Pro - Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit

Monitors - 3 x Acer Nitro 23.8" 1080p 75Hz IPS 1ms Freesync Panels = AMD Eyefinity @ 75Hz

12 hours ago, Artsi23 said:

To be able to use separate mids and tweeters you need a crossover in it.

On 6.2.2016 at 2:10 PM, Brennan_Price said:

*Brennan_Price. Anyway, you could just hook up the tweeters and mids to the same output. It wont give you as good surround or anything but if the speaker/boom-box is needed for partied and things, you sure will be able to cover a large area of people.

20 hours ago, Naeaes said:

so yeah I should probably connect them with a crossover, any suggestions for boards I should get for that?

Okay so I decided to use this amp

since its poweful and can power with only 12V

Okay I'm going to also add this USB charging port so you can charge your phone and I need to figure out somekind of charging system so the battery wont overcharge

we have few old stereo system speakers in the garage, two pairs of different kinds. Both were 4 ohms and other 20W and others powerhandling marked 25/35W.  Those have crossover woofer and tweeter. only promblem is that they might be too big for this case.

Might be a tight fit so I'm not sure if its a good idea. It'd be cheap tho.

Anyone know is it possible to rewire those buttons with different ones? so I could have them attached to the case

On 6.2.2016 at 9:39 PM, Naeaes said:

On 6.2.2016 at 2:10 PM, Brennan_Price said:

Do either of you have any suggestions or advices for my plans?

20 hours ago, GeorgingGames said:

I wouldn't add a usb charger because it drains the energy and if you don't have the good batteries even kills your battery.

This is a very good place to get stuff from for these kind of projects.

http://store.accusafe.nl/?___store=english&___from_store=dutch

George

Oh I'd like to have a usb charger because I was thinking of adding really good batteries, so I could charge a phone while using the boombox

On 12/02/2016 at 8:16 PM, Artsi23 said:

Do either of you have any suggestions or advices for my plans?

I have got no idea if this helps you at all but just look at the diagram for crossover use... DirectWired_Speaker.jpg

My Rig: