LTT Forum Re-design

VAkena

Anyone else still getting used to this new forum design and layout?

I'm finding that it's not as fast and responsive as the one before it.. All in all I think the new forum looks pretty good.

What do you think of the new changes?

1 minute ago, Comic_Sans_MS said:

I don't like it ATM, I find it confusing. But I will have to get used to it.

I think they're trying to go for a material design type look, using grey as the main colour..

IMO It looks a bit cluttered, maybe because of the spacing the numbers on everything (the numbers mason, what do they mean ?).

Other than that, I think after a few days I'll get used to it.

CPU: Intel i5-4590 | Motherboard: Asus H97M-E | GPU: Sapphire Nitro R9 390 | RAM: 2x4Gb Kingston HyperX Fury Black | SSD: Sandisk Plus 240Gb HDD: Seagate 250Gb  | PSU: Seasonic G650 80+ Gold | Case: NZXT S340

I am who I am.

I like it, just 1 thing that bothers me atm. (When chrome tab is 1080P wide)

XyEMtfJ.png

The Beast: CPU: i7 4790K GPU: EVGA 1080 SC Cooling: Dual NZXT Kraken x61 RAM: HyperX Fury 1866MHz Storage: SSD: 500GB Samsung EVO 840 + HDD: 1TB WD MOBO: Asus Z97 - a PSU: RM850x Case: H440 green-black Setup: Link PCPP: Link Evolution: Link 

Gear: PS4 with custom skin // Astro A50 Xbox edition to fit colour scheme // Oppo PM-3 Planar Magnetic Closed Back Headphones // OnePlus One 64GB sandstone

Other stuffs: Acer aspire 128GB SSD 10GB RAM // MacBook Pro 13" 500GB SSD 16GB RAM // A 2009 iMac 21"

It's a nice layout but it's pretty cluttered. I preferred the simplistic layout of the old one. Editing posts takes forever as well but I'm sure that can be fixed anyway.

Also, why do I have to scroll past all the names of everyone currently online to reach the recent topics section in the mobile website? Kinda annoys me.

'Fanboyism is stupid' - someone on this forum.

Be nice to each other boys and girls. And don't cheap out on a power supply.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

4 minutes ago, Mazeman03 said:

it looks more 2010ish so its looks nicer just loads wayyyy slower 

i think the slowness is because the server is still doing database stuff on the backend (or at least that was the case when the forum just got online, and its still equally sluggush)

on topic: like any new UI its a tad confusing at first, but i'm sure by next week no one is thinking about the new UI versus the old one anymore.

It'll probably take about a week or so to get used to this new UI..

This forum layout is a dream to me. I myself love that flat design and material look

There are only two things that really bother me about the new forum:

1. It takes quite a bit longer to load.
  2. When you go to someone's profile, the "activity" tab is shown by default, when it would make much more sense to show the "about me" tab first.

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600X            | Cooler: Deepcool AK400  | Motherboard: B550 Elite AX V2  | Storage: Samsung 980 Pro 1TB  |

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB   | GPU: MSI RTX 3060 Ti    | Case: NZXT H440 (Red/Black)    | PSU: EVGA 650W G2             |

Getting to know the new liking system will take some time for me. 

I'd prefer if there wasn't so many options though. 

CPU: 3930k  @ stock                                  RAM: 32GB RipjawsZ @ 2133Mhz       Cooling: Custom Loop
MOBO: AsRock x79 Extreme9                      SSD: 240GB Vertex 3 (OS)                     Case: HAF XB                     LG 34um95 + Ergotron MX Arm Mount - Dual Review
  GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 670 SLI                     HDD: 1TB WD Black                                PSU: Corsair AX 860                               Beyerdynamic - Custom One Pro Review

Loving it so far, isn't too confusing for me.

But definitely a huge upgrade!

Hello fellow night theme users

Lots of people resist change and hate change - I'm not one of them - god knows I work with enough of said people, but this new site I do not like....

3 days for this... Meh...

DISPLAYS: LG 27UL500 IPS 4k60hz + HDR and LG 27GL650F IPS 1080p 144hz + HDR

LAPTOP: Lenovo Legion 5 CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800H GPU: RTX 3070 8GB RAM: 16GB 3200MHz (2x8GB DDR4) STORAGE: 1TB Crucial P5 NVMe SSD + 2TB Samsung 970 evo plus NVMe SSD DISPLAY: 1080p 165hz IPS OS: Windows 10 Pro x64

Loading times can only get better from here on in..hopefully..

My eyes are in desperate need of a dark theme.

EDIT

Derp, found it :P

Case: Meatbag, humanoid - APU: Human Brain version 1.53 (stock clock) - Storage: 100TB SND (Squishy Neuron Drive) - PSU: a combined 500W of Mitochondrial cells - Optical Drives: 2 Oculi, with corrective lenses.

27 minutes ago, SirRoderick said:

My eyes are in desperate need of a dark theme.

EDIT

Derp, found it :P

Where??? lol

LAPTOP: Lenovo Legion 5 CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800H GPU: RTX 3070 8GB RAM: 16GB 3200MHz (2x8GB DDR4) STORAGE: 1TB Crucial P5 NVMe SSD + 2TB Samsung 970 evo plus NVMe SSD DISPLAY: 1080p 165hz IPS OS: Windows 10 Pro x64

1 minute ago, Kirky2k15 said:

Where??? lol

Bottom of the page, Theme

Just now, VAkena said:

Bottom of the page

Thank you, hiding in plain sight a?

I have been playing with the new UI all day, and I just love it, Im already use to the new look and how it functions and frankly the forum is so much more enjoyable now to look and scroll through :D

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "