Windows 10: Nothing is Working

satanicasmrjunkie666

So I turned on my computer like I would any day, except when it booted, nothing seemed to function properly. None of the icons respond and if I try to click anywhere the mouse spirals blue. I have turned the computer on and off about 10 times and the same thing keeps happening.

UPDATE: I have a 3 monitor set up and the monitor to the right is in a really bad resolution and sometimes I will be able to left click to get display settings, but when I do it says: ms-settings:display error

Specs pls?

I like Computer Stuffs. Have you tried unplugging it and plugging it in again? Automation Expert (Bots, scripts, etc)! Add me on Xbox Live: JollyPlanet449 And on Steam!: Baxtmann Wanshow.tips is a cool place too

did you upgrade to windows 10 or do a clean install

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

8 minutes ago, satanicasmrjunkie666 said:

So I turned on my computer like I would any day, except when it booted, nothing seemed to function properly. None of the icons respond and if I try to click anywhere the mouse spirals blue. I have turned the computer on and off about 10 times and the same thing keeps happening.

it happens when you have Windows on a HDD.  OR When you fucked up windows.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

2 minutes ago, baxtmann said:

Specs pls?

3 minutes ago, thatguyyouknow75 said:

In order for us to better help you, what are your full system specs?

An i5-3330s, 12gb of cheap ram, evga 750ti, western digital 1tb, and corsair 430 psu

Press the RESTART button. 

I am assuming that you may have not because Windows 10 never actually shuts down it you just press the shutdown button.
(also assuming you can use the UI at all.)

For the Best builds and Price lists here is a world where many points of the price have been predefined already for your convenience!

The Xeon E3 1231 V3 IS BETTER Than the Core i5 4690K and a Significantly better value for the non-overclockers or value shoppers.

The OS is like a kind food, Try it before saying if you like it or don't.

2 minutes ago, Enderman said:

did you upgrade to windows 10 or do a clean install

Hmmm I'm trying to remember, I think I upgraded, but wiped everything

How old is the hard drive? Has it been in any rough conditions lately?

I like Computer Stuffs. Have you tried unplugging it and plugging it in again? Automation Expert (Bots, scripts, etc)! Add me on Xbox Live: JollyPlanet449 And on Steam!: Baxtmann Wanshow.tips is a cool place too

1 minute ago, Weak1ings said:

Press the RESTART button. 

I am assuming that you may have not because Windows 10 never actually shuts down it you just press the shutdown button.
(also assuming you can use the UI at all.)

I will sometimes be able to right click the windows icon in the left and restart that way, but most of the time I do it by holding down the physical power button on my tower

1 minute ago, baxtmann said:

How old is the hard drive? Has it been in any rough conditions lately?

A few years, and I have left it on for the past few nights, and downloaded Fallout 4 and Hearthstone, but thats about it

Do you get any S.M.A.R.T. errors when you boot up?

1 minute ago, baxtmann said:

Do you get any S.M.A.R.T. errors when you boot up?

Not that I know of, but it may just be that I don't know what those are

Its drive verification when your computer boots up to make sure the HDD is working properly.

i had a problem once where smart was giving me errors, and then all of a sudden the hdd died

9 minutes ago, satanicasmrjunkie666 said:

Hmmm I'm trying to remember, I think I upgraded, but wiped everything

then thats probably why youre having these issues

you need to do a full clean install, the proper way, not upgrade

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Fresh install might be a good idea

1 minute ago, Enderman said:

then thats probably why youre having these issues

you need to do a full clean install, the proper way, not upgrade

But I upgraded more than half a year ago, do you think it will affect me only now?

Just now, baxtmann said:

Fresh install might be a good idea

How would I do that if I can't do much?

1 minute ago, satanicasmrjunkie666 said:

But I upgraded more than half a year ago, do you think it will affect me only now?

yes

its random when you start having issues, sometimes its right after but sometimes it takes a while to show up, or happens after an update, or something that triggers it

Spoiler

Just now, Enderman said:

yes

its random when you start having issues, sometimes its right after but sometimes it takes a while to show up, or happens after an update, or something that triggers it

okay