Headphones paired with Amp or Sound card

blakers28

Ok, so i may already have a problem. I first plugged it in and turned it on to make sure it worked. However it wont come back on after that first time and the TRIAD power supply is burning up. 

Is it possible the plug is faulty? Or maybe i did something wrong.

Lol i apologize if i acted too soon lol. Maybe it was a bad idea to plug it into a surge protector where my computer periphs are plugged into?  Im not sure but i do know the wall adapter for the amp was pretty damn hot.

Lol i apologize if i acted too soon lol. Maybe it was a bad idea to plug it into a surge protector where my computer periphs are plugged into?  Im not sure but i do know the wall adapter for the amp was pretty damn hot.

Nah, that's just a bad wall wort. Happens all the time regardless of what it's powering.

oh ok cool, ive already sent an email. Lol oh well, maybe ill try to be a little less excited when i get cool toys lol

You can run over to Radioshack and get one of their 18-24V AC to AC adapters, it's a HUGE wall-wart though, I'm warning you...  Those little Triad supplies have had a few bad batches, I never got one but plenty of people have.

"Pardon my French but this is just about the most ignorant blanket statement I've ever read. And though this is the internet, I'm not even exaggerating."

You can run over to Radioshack and get one of their 18-24V AC to AC adapters, it's a HUGE wall-wart though, I'm warning you...  Those little Triad supplies have had a few bad batches, I never got one but plenty of people have.

I've actually never received a bad wall-wart from Triad, they are pretty good.

To the OP - I replied to your emails hours ago, I'm assuming everything is OK?

Hmm, i havent received anything yet...my email is blake_eclipse22@yahoo.com. Maybe i mistyped? But i should be able to go to Radio shack or something?

Sooo, i just got back from 3 different stores including Radio shack and they do not carry it lol...figures.  would it be possible to get a replacement? or I could just look on Amazon or something. 

Ok i found something, the adapter from my external hard drive actually works to power the AMP.  So, ill give it a try and see if it works.

Ok i found something, the adapter from my external hard drive actually works to power the AMP.  So, ill give it a try and see if it works.

Is that an AC to DC converter or an AC to AC converter your using?

"Pardon my French but this is just about the most ignorant blanket statement I've ever read. And though this is the internet, I'm not even exaggerating."

From what i can tell its AC to AC, It pretty much matched the info on the adapter that came with the Amp. But i think i got it solved now, I found MAyflowers email and we are handling it. 

I very much appreciate everyone's help!

From what i can tell its AC to AC, It pretty much matched the info on the adapter that came with the Amp. But i think i got it solved now, I found MAyflowers email and we are handling it. 

I very much appreciate everyone's help!

Cool, is it working OK with that AC/AC adapter?

Well no. It powers it up but the sound is extremely low so im assuming the adapter im using doesnt produce enough power. So im going to leave it alone until i get an exact same adapter like the one the AMP came with.

However i plugged the headphones into the AMP then plugged the AMP into the headphone jack in my Blue Yeti mic and the sound was very quiet no matter how high i turned it up. However being that im new to this, im not sure if its the power adapter or the cable im using. I used a double sided 3.5mm jack for the Amp to Blue Yeti connection.

Ok, tested with 2 9volts, and it is the adapter from my hard drive. Its not powerful enough. So there you have it. We know whats wrong lol. So im working on getting a replacement and all will be good. 

UPDATE:

Headphones were delivered quicker than estimated. Very Nice.  Amp on battery power but replacement power adapter is on its way. Thanks MayFlowerEclectronics (Tyler Chilton). 

Definitely worth the investment. Ive tested this by plugging the Amp into my blue yeti mic, then the headphones into the amp. Best sound ive had in a very long time, additionally i can hear myself talk which is needed. 

I also tried this without the amp and plugging headphones directly into the mic. While the headphones themselves sound better, being that these are 250OHM, the amp really makes them shine!

The only thing i have yet to try; Amp plugged into SupremeFX card in back of motherboard and the headphones plugged into AMP, tho i dont like the EQ adjustments on the SupremeFX nor do i like not being able to hear myself and i doubt ill hear much of a difference than the setup im using now.

So far, overall im loving it! Now downsides. Bass is clean and not overpowering, mids and highs are exactly where they need to be. Great for gaming and VOIP calls!

Glad i came to this forum to get the helpful info. Thanks guys!

UPDATE:

Headphones were delivered quicker than estimated.

[...]

Thanks guys!

Hey man, glad you're loving your audio finally! This's probably been the longest "recommendation" thread (especially combined with your first) but I think the results speak for themselves.  :D

Yea, not sure if its just because im picky or what. But im still glad i came here to get that recommendation. Turned out to be the best ive gotten in a long time.

if you go into windows sound settings, you can "listen to device" and have the mic play through

Will work for electronic components and parts

Reviews: Meelec CC51P - Monoprice 8323 - Koss Porta Pros  - Shure SRH-440 - Shure SRH-550DJShure SRH-840 - Hifiman He-500 - iBasso D4 - o2 Amplifier  -  SkeletonDac

if you go into windows sound settings, you can "listen to device" and have the mic play through

Not the same tho