Mechanical Keyboard Club!

Dave :)

Just got it today.

F8lJofTh.jpg
Nice how is it working? Also the Universal Model M Controller thread has me questioning what is going on with the controller. Is it that tmk doesn't work on it or what.

Nice how is it working? Also the Universal Model M Controller thread has me questioning what is going on with the controller. Is it that tmk doesn't work on it or what.

It's been going good since I got it in December. I like MX Clears but still tend to bottom them out, I like the feel of like Blues, Browns, and even Reds, but bottom the fuck out of them. :( My dell uses my old keyboard (Maxkeyboard Nighthawk x7, yes, I use a loud mechanical keyboard in bed for a "HTPC" and yet have a shitty dell mouse from 2002 that only works on my blanket) since I somehow managed to spill pop on the numpad, and arrow keys murdering the switches. Anyway, back to the Code V2 and MX Clears, I love them, none of the switches were perfect at first, but after the break in, I began to like them... Also really hard to miss click on a key. :D I even type 100-150WPM depending on the day with it.

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

It's been going good since I got it in December. I like MX Clears but still tend to bottom them out, I like the feel of like Blues, Browns, and even Reds, but bottom the fuck out of them. :( My dell uses my old keyboard (Maxkeyboard Nighthawk x7, yes, I use a loud mechanical keyboard in bed for a "HTPC" and yet have a shitty dell mouse from 2002 that only works on my blanket) since I somehow managed to spill pop on the numpad, and arrow keys murdering the switches. Anyway, back to the Code V2 and MX Clears, I love them, none of the switches were perfect at first, but after the break in, I began to like them... Also really hard to miss click on a key. :D I even type 100-150WPM depending on the day with it.

ya i bottom out blacks and greens. I plan to put clean springs in some blacks to try and stop that lol.

ya i bottom out blacks and greens. I plan to put clean springs in some blacks to try and stop that lol.

Kind of wish I went with Greens since they are heavier and love the clickiness, but that also means they're quite loud... Especially when I'm not supposed to be awake.

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

Kind of wish I went with Greens since they are heavier and love the clickiness, but that also means they're quite loud... Especially when I'm not supposed to be awake.

RIght now my keyboard has blacks but my numpad has green switches and it is just a bit to clicky for my liking

Try some MX tactile Greys, then.

I guarantee you won't be bottoming them out !

(they're the same stem as mx clears (even with the hard to remove keycaps with the little nub on the end), just a stiffer spring.

You haven't tried those?

It's working great. Mine came flashed with Soarer's, and so far I haven't found any problems with mine.

I think from what I'm reading in the thread he is having problems after testing the controller with Bluetooth. Then when he tries to flash from Soarer's to TMK he is having problems.

It's working great. Mine came flashed with Soarer's, and so far I haven't found any problems with mine.

I think from what I'm reading in the thread he is having problems after testing the controller with Bluetooth. Then when he tries to flash from Soarer's to TMK he is having problems.

Good to hear. I'm a fan of tmk because that is what i use on my keyboard and numpad so i hope that get that worked out.

Try some MX tactile Greys, then.

I guarantee you won't be bottoming them out !

(they're the same stem as mx clears (even with the hard to remove keycaps with the little nub on the end), just a stiffer spring.

You haven't tried those?

Never tried them but I know they're just super heavy MX Clears. But I really like the white backlight on my Code V2. :)

Spoiler

Spoiler

ive only been fully using a mechanical keyboard for a few months, and i have to say im glad i made the switch (there's your pun). since im new to the mechanical keyboard realm, i figured that the chroma would be the best fit for me to start with, and i was rite. this is truly the best keyboard i have ever used. it has the one thing i wanted, which was the customizable back light, and the switches feel perfect, even though i still bottom out most of the keys, having the tactile feedback has improved how my hands i little bit.

main/gaming system: intel core i7 5930K, 16GB Gskill ddr4, asus X99 deluxe, 2 titan X's in SLI, corsair AX860 PSU, noctua NH-d15, samsung 512 PRO SSD, 2+3 seagate HDD's, blu-ray ODD, corsair graphite 780t.   game capture system: AMD FX 8350 BE, 16GB ram (left over parts from torn down system), asus ROG crosshair V formula-z, GTX 770 SC, avermedia live gamer HG capture card, elgato HD60 s external usb3 capture device, OCZ 700w, cryorig M9a, kingston 250GB SSD(left over part from torn down system), seagate 1TB internat HDD, seagate backup plus 5TB USB 3 extrenal drive, corsair carbide 200R.    

Ducky Mini or HHKB, price no option ? I'm very conflicted. I love my MX blue switches, never tried topre, and I love the design of both. 

I have a 2019 macbook pro with 64gb of ram and my gaming pc has been in the closet since 2018

Ducky Mini or HHKB, price no option ? I'm very conflicted. I love my MX blue switches, never tried topre, and I love the design of both.

Ummm if you are saying price isnt an issue then maybe a kmac happy

Well... Here is the final images of the keyboard! I am so happy with the keyboard! It is an absolute tank of a keyboard!

Black and dark grey in an ISO layout!

16514133784_08ebf2ac82_z.jpg

Phantom Custom keyboard Part 3 by Mat Teague, on Flickr

17136541115_6389144226_z.jpg

Sprayed him black to match the build!

17110589486_69a396639a_z.jpg

16929122917_6ea243e031_z.jpg

Representing!

16948963430_6fc2ae8fdc_z.jpg

WASD have done a sick job as usual!

16514071394_5d1f5d6c66_z.jpg

What's the best kind of paint for painting a keyboard case? My Ducky Shine 3 warranty sticker has been put through, so it's voided the warranty without me even doing anything, so I'd like to customise it.

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

What's the best kind of paint for painting a keyboard case? My Ducky Shine 3 warranty sticker has been put through, so it's voided the warranty without me even doing anything, so I'd like to customise it.

Get some etching primer, a scot bright pad, 99% rubbing alcohol and some spray paint of your choice. I used Autotek etching primer and some Rustoleum satin silver paint from my local hardware store.

Lightly scuff the surface of what you want to paint, then clean it with 99% rubbing Alcohol to get rid of any surface oils from your hands, Then give it 2-3 thin coats of primer. Then give it a very light scuff and clean again with rubbing alcohol. Then apply thin coats of paint in 15-30 minute intervals (Allowing it to surface dry) until you are happy with the application. Then leave it for 24 hours to harden all the way through.

Get some etching primer, a scot bright pad, 99% rubbing alcohol and some spray paint of your choice. I used Autotek etching primer and some Rustoleum satin silver paint from my local hardware store.

Lightly scuff the surface of what you want to paint, then clean it with 99% rubbing Alcohol to get rid of any surface oils from your hands, Then give it 2-3 thin coats of primer. Then give it a very light scuff and clean again with rubbing alcohol. Then apply thin coats of paint in 15-30 minute intervals (Allowing it to surface dry) until you are happy with the application. Then leave it for 24 hours to harden all the way through.

Thanks! Think I'd be able to get this kind of stuff from B&Q? I don't know of many hardware shops in my area. 

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

Thanks! Think I'd be able to get this kind of stuff from B&Q? I don't know of many hardware shops in my area. 

I think B&Q sell rustoleum or is it Homebase... I bought the Autotek primer from Ebay for like 9 quid.

I think B&Q sell rustoleum or is it Homebase... I bought the Autotek primer from Ebay for like 9 quid.

I'll brows Amazon and eBay then. Plus, the Homebase here closed down.

I'm looking forward to buy an mk, considering the CMS QFR Rapid-I and the QFR TK with Browns.

Should I buy the TK or the Rapid-I?

I need the numpad sometimes, but I also want a shorter keyboard. Is there any cheap numpad that I could buy additionally?

I'm looking forward to buy an mk, considering the CMS QFR Rapid-I and the QFR TK with Browns.

I need the numpad sometimes, but I also want a shorter keyboard. Is there any cheap numpad that I could buy additionally?

Well if you need the Numpad at times, just go for the TK, it will save you having to spend more money in the future. 

If you plan on replacing the keycaps with some better ones at some point I would go with the Rapid-i.

Steelseries 7G + Ducky Mini YOTH + Pok3r

The mini's were purchased within the last 2 weeks.. I have a problem.