"Best" CPU cooler for z170

azorahai

Looking for simply the best. Keep a 6700k as cool as possible with a 980ti on an atx rig. noctua u12?

Intel i7 6700K @ 4.7 GHZ...Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 7 Rev. 1.0...Gigabyte 980TI Gaming G1 "Windforce" (x2) in SLI...Samsung 950 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512 GB...Corsair LPX Vengeance DDR4 2400 MHZ 32 GB (8x4) Black...NZXT Kraken X61 (Top) with 2 Noctua NF-A14 PWM LTT Edition Fans and White Noctua Chromax Pads...Corsair Carbide Air 540 Arctic White Case with 1 Rear Noctua NF-A14 PWM LTT Edition Fan and 3 Front Noctua NF-F12 PWM LTT Edition Fans and White Noctua Chromax Pads...Corsair AX1500i PSU...CableMod White & Black Replacement Cables...Windows 10 Home...LG 34UC97 1440p 21:9 60hz Monitor...Ducky Shine 4 Keyboard...Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum

H110 or something cheaper you could look at the Hyper 212. Best is relative mate, what budget are you looking at?

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

Unlimited budget ;)

Intel i7 6700K @ 4.7 GHZ...Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 7 Rev. 1.0...Gigabyte 980TI Gaming G1 "Windforce" (x2) in SLI...Samsung 950 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512 GB...Corsair LPX Vengeance DDR4 2400 MHZ 32 GB (8x4) Black...NZXT Kraken X61 (Top) with 2 Noctua NF-A14 PWM LTT Edition Fans and White Noctua Chromax Pads...Corsair Carbide Air 540 Arctic White Case with 1 Rear Noctua NF-A14 PWM LTT Edition Fan and 3 Front Noctua NF-F12 PWM LTT Edition Fans and White Noctua Chromax Pads...Corsair AX1500i PSU...CableMod White & Black Replacement Cables...Windows 10 Home...LG 34UC97 1440p 21:9 60hz Monitor...Ducky Shine 4 Keyboard...Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum

For expensive side, Noctua NH D15.

For cheaper side, Hyper 212 evo.

If water cooling, H110i GTX or NZXT Kraken X61.

Intel Core i3 2100 @ 3.10GHz - Intel Stock Cooler - Zotac Geforce GT 610 2GB Synergy Edition

Intel DH61WW - Corsair® Value Select 4GBx1 DDR3 1600 MHz - Antec BP-300P PSU

WD Green 1TB - Seagate 2.5" HDD 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 500GB - Antec X1 E.

Unlimited budget ;)

Then H110i GTX or NZXT Kraken X61.

Intel Core i3 2100 @ 3.10GHz - Intel Stock Cooler - Zotac Geforce GT 610 2GB Synergy Edition

For expensive side, Noctua NH D15.

For cheaper side, Hyper 212 evo.

If water cooling, H110i GTX or NZXT Kraken X61.

This if your case can fit them

PC Audio Setup = Beyerdynamic DT 770 pro 80 ohm and Sennheiser pc37x (also for xbox) hooked up to Schiit Fulla 3

Air cooling only. The thought of introducing liquid into electrical parts still makes me nervous despite how it is mostly idiot proof these days.

Air cooling only. The thought of introducing liquid into electrical parts still makes me nervous despite how it is mostly idiot proof these days.

Cryorig R1, Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, NH-D15

Hello there, fellow dark theme users

"Be excellent to each other and party on dudes." - Abraham Lincoln    #wiiumasterrace

Nothing to worry about Liquid Cooling.

One time fitting.

It's not gonna leak or anything.

If you really wanna take Air Cooling take bequiet Dark Rock Pro 3 or NH D15 or CRYORIG R1 Ultimate or Universal.

preformance wise a custom loop. price to preformance probs a nh-d15

CPU: I7 8700k @ 5ghz | Motherboard: Asus Z370-Prime | RAM: White Crucial balistix DDR4 2133mhz | GPU: GTX 1080TI | Storage: ssd HyperX 240gig, 2x2tb seagate Firecuda 1tb, BPX 480 gig nvme, 1tb sandisk ssd  | Cooling: Custom loop | PSU: Evga supernova 850w G2 | Case: Phanteks enthoo evolv atx black White modded | system theme: White/RGB/Weiss

I'd get the 212 EVO mate, a very capable cooler for not a lot of money. No point spending a shitload more to basically run a few degrees cooler

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

Nothing to worry about Liquid Cooling.

One time fitting.

It's not gonna leak or anything.

If you really wanna take Air Cooling take bequiet Dark Rock Pro 3 or NH D15 or CRYORIG R1 Ultimate or Universal.

Tempting...except all those reviews on the internet about corsair and nzxt coolers leaking ;)

Tempting...except all those reviews on the internet about corsair and nzxt coolers leaking ;)

All right, then go for the air coolers which I mentioned above. Anything from that, is great.

Cryorig R1, Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, NH-D15

I'm not sure what's with the number of recommendations for the DRP3 when looking at the highest end air coolers. It's not in the same tier of cooler's as the Cryorig R1 or PH-TC14PE. http://www.silentpcreview.com/article1441-page7.html

The best air cooler available would be the NH-D15.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

I'm not sure what's with the number of recommendations for the DRP3 when looking at the highest end air coolers. It's not in the same tier of cooler's as the Cryorig R1 or PH-TC14PE. http://www.silentpcreview.com/article1441-page7.html

The best air cooler available would be the NH-D15.

What do you mean? The be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 is right up there with the Cryorig R1 and the H-TC14PE

Links to graphs: https://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/beQuiet/Dark_Rock_Pro3/6.html

Its quieter too

Hello there, fellow dark theme users

"Be excellent to each other and party on dudes." - Abraham Lincoln    #wiiumasterrace

What do you mean? The be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 is right up there with the Cryorig R1 and the H-TC14PE

Its quieter too

Don't just embed images of graphs. Link the source.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

If you wish to stick with air cooling, the Cryorig R1 Ultimate gets my vote. It's a very capable cooler, and it looks damn sexy.

Unlimited budget ;)

Go for a custom loop then. That's as good as it gets next to the sub-zero cooler Linus used in a build.